I'm Not Jealous!

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: I'm Not Jealous!

“Good afternoon! How may I help –“ Yoona stops her greeting as she sees the familiar man in front of her. His eyes widen in shock as well, both of them not expecting their sudden meeting. “Jisoo! Gosh, it’s really you!”

 

The mentioned man emits a soft chuckle as he flashes her a wide smile. Yoona’s eyes twinkle in delight – it has been awhile since she has last seen the man and his features didn’t change at all, except for the fact that he’s a gotten a bit manlier.

 

“Yoona! You’ve changed careers?” Yoona eyes him as he asked that question and knowing that it’s quite a sensitive topic for the girl, Jisoo shuts his mouth before smiling apologetically at her. “I mean, I’ve missed you so much!”

 

Yoona looks around sneakily before heaving a sigh – thankful that no one has heard him ask the dreaded question.

 

“I missed you too, Jisoo. I bought your newly-published book and it’s really amazing. Your writing style has improved so much!” She sincerely says.

 

To say that she isn’t a bit jealous of what Jisoo has accomplished will be a lie. Yoona has always loved writing novels and Jisoo was one of the people who have known of her passion for it. They met at a writing seminar she attended way back then on a town away from her province and since then, the both of them exchanged ideas and opinions about their works and even published stories they co-wrote on an online community for writers, winning several awards with their works.

 

“I didn’t know that you’re in Seoul now, Yoong. If I would have known, I would have invited you over when the Pen Pals team met!” Jisoo excitedly says, making Yoona curl her lips into a pout. Yoona has met several writers aside from Jisoo and they were a group of five. They named their group the Pen Pals team because they mostly shared conversations through emails and sometimes, handwritten letters when they feel like it.

 

“Gosh, I miss Sooyoung-unnie! I heard that she’s getting married to Kyungho soon. Will you be going?” Yoona asks with a bright smile on her face.

 

“Of course, I will.” Jisoo immediately replies. “Oh, before I forget my real agendum here, I want to see your tour packages for your European tours.”

 

Yoona smiles enthusiastically at her as she browses her computer for the asked package.

 

"Since you're a very good friend of mine, I'm going to give you a discount on your first tour."

 

“Hyung, that paper is going to be submitted to Manager Jin later…” Taehyung says as he eyes the crumpled paper resting on Sehun’s closed palm. “Do you want me to print another one or…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter