It Should Have Been Me

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17: It Should Have Been Me

 

“What was the code again?” Jongsuk stares at the numerical keypad in front of him and tries to recall the code Yuri has encoded when they barged in the house. He cannot give up trying to guess because he has just brought over some food from his café seeing as how Yoona did not go there despite it being her day-off.

 

“Oh! Her birthday!” He exclaims and inputs the four-digit number and luckily, the numerical keypad beeps and he pushes the door open. “Yoona! Your most handsome friend is here!” He is expecting for some kind of comeback but the flat stays silent and Jongsuk looks around to see if there is any sign of Yoona out there.

 

He first checks the kitchen where the girl might probably be too busy pigging out so she has no time to reply but he sees that it’s clean. He has passed by the living room and there’s no sign that Yoona has gone there as well so he proceeds to check the rooms.

 

Jongsuk knocks of the first door and when no one answers, he twists the knob and slowly enters the room. His eyebrows furrow when he notices how hot it is inside the room and when he sees a figure covered up in her comforter, he smiles.

 

“Im Yoona! I brought your favorite breakfast meal! Get up and stop being a lazy !” He throws himself on the bed but he did not receive any beating (something he’s expecting because he’s probably ruining her beauty sleep) but observing that there’s no movement from the latter, he becomes worried and takes a seat. “Yoona?”

 

No response.

 

“Okay, you’re worrying me.”

 

Silence.

 

“Are you dead?”

 

“Oh my gosh Jongsuk, shut up.” Jongsuk breathes a sigh of relief when he hears her voice. However, there is something wrong because he notices its grogginess and he pulls the comforter down her face, unveiling a very sick Yoona who can barely open her eyes.

 

“You’re sick!?” He exclaims and he immediately checks her temperature, withdrawing his hand when he feels how her forehead is practically burning up. “Why didn’t you tell me!?”

 

Yoona groans and is on the verge of punching Jongsuk for being annoying but she has not strength to do so no matter how much she wants to swing her fist on his face.

 

“I can… barely open… eyes. Go away… ugh… body hurts.” She twists to her side after muttering disorganized words that Jongsuk hardly understands.

 

Jongsuk rolls his eyes and gets up to his feet.

 

“Stay there. I’m going to take care of you today.” Before he can even hear the complaint from Yoona, he immediately storms off the room and heads to the bathroom to get a small bowl and a towel. Luckily, it seems like Yoona is prepared for times like this and the things he need are hidden in the first aid cabinet with her meds.

 

He starts to fill the bowl with warm water and checks if the towel is clean. It is a great decision to barge in her apartment today because if he did not, he wonders how the girl will manage herself for the rest of the day.

 

After finishing his task, he runs to her bedroom again and when he gets closer, he sees that she has fallen asleep. He smiles to himself as he takes a seat beside her, and puts the towel in the warm water before slowly patting her face with it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter