Chapter 7

The Curse That Leads Me to You

Chanyeol who looks sleepy a while ago, had his eyes wide opened upon hearing the man’s words. 

“You mean the-“ 

“Yeah, yeah. The place where you go to seek forgiveness for saying that curse words, can't be forgiven if there was no true love, but if there is then will be forgiven and soon live happily ever after. Yay!” Kai said in emotionless tone. 

“What are you doing here then?” Chanyeol asked slightly irritated since the guy just decided to interrupt his beauty sleep. 

“Well then Sleeping Beauty, its my duty to visit the curse one and their partner from time to time.” 

“Why?” Chanyeol asked warily.

“Because that's my duty. Duh.” 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the reply. 

“Well then Mr Guardian. We're doing fine if that's what you are worrying about.” 

“Haha. Exactly. You two are fine. And for your information, being FINE is not even close enough to reach the level of true love.” 

Seeing the look on Chanyeol's face, Kai decided to continue his rant. 

“According to my meter of love level of Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol.. The result is…..” 

Chanyeol didn't know why he felt nervous about the result. 

“38%” Kai cheered mockingly.

Chanyeol was about to question but Kai interject.

“You know that by this time, most people had already reach more than 50%.” 

“I really thought that we had try enough.”

“Exactly. You TRY. It’s not enough with just trying. You need to feel it, embrace the feeling and cherished the moments.”

Chanyeol went silent for a moment and lost in his own thought before he let out a deep sigh.

“I guess you’re right, I might focus on trying that I forgot to feel and cherished the moments. I always try to think on ways to make him happy. I just want to make him happy.”

Kai smirked and leaned against the doorframe.

“First of all, I know that I’m right. Second, yes you did try. And lastly, he is happy.”

“Then wh-“

“Are YOU happy?” Kai asked as he raised his left eyebrows.

Am I happy?

“No. You’re not. Like I said, you are trying to help him to make him happy BUT you forgot to make yourself happy as well. This is not only about how Baekhyun feel. It’s about yours too. This curse is not a joke Chanyeol. It’s a soulmate curse! You two are meant to be together no matter if it’s out of curse or not. I know it’s so sudden and I’m not in the position to control your feelings BUT I want to inform you that you can’t keep on trying. You need to start feeling.”

Once again, Chanyeol fell in deep silence.

“As a head start, I want you to know that Baekhyun really likes you. Even BEFORE the curse.”

That statement caught Chanyeol’s attention.

“What?”

Kai regained his posture and tuck his hands in his pockets.

“Sorry bro, that’s all I can tell you. You can ask him yourself. It’s almost morning I better go home now! See you again later!”

With that, Kai disappear in thin air and Chanyeol can’t believe that he got to see it live. He closed the door and went back to his bedroom where Baekhyun had already invaded Chanyeol’s space while comfortably tucked under the blanket. Chanyeol smiled and went to lay next to Baekhyun.

He felt his heart beat faster, when Baekhyun moved in his sleep, snuggling closer to Chanyeol with one of his hand automatically made its way to Chanyeol’s chest, head tuck in the crook of Chanyeol’s neck which causes the giant to shiver when Baekhyun breath near the skin.

Chanyeol took the courage to glance at the boy in his arms. His hands move out of reflex and brush the strands of hair that was covering Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

 

 

Chanyeol really loved his parents but sometimes he questioned himself whether he was born the right family. Just like right now, Mr. and Mrs. Park along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting at the dining table enjoying their breakfast which Baekhyun insisted that he will make. As they were talking, Mr. and Mrs. Park decided to tell Baekhyun about Chanyeol’s childhood, his addiction towards ferret and the most embarrassing moment when his mother told Baekhyun about how he locked himself in his room when his mom decided to trick him by saying that she had cooked his lovely ferret for dinner.

 

“Mom~ I think that’s enough.” Chanyeol whined and Mrs. Park just sent him a glared and continued with her story.

“So, what should we do today?” Mr. Park suddenly asked.

“Let’s go to that new shopping mall!” Mrs. Park said excitedly.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun both froze on their spot.

“I want to buy Baekhyun new clothes. The clothes that he wears it too big for him.”

Baekhyun blushed because ever since he stay at Chanyeol’s place, he always wore Chanyeol’s shirt since he didn’t brought his clothes with him.

Seeing the blush on Baekhyun’s face, Mrs. Park put on a sly smile on her face.

“Baekhyun sweetie, I’m not saying you look bad wearing my son’s shirt but it I think you will look more adorable wearing something that fits your size.”

“N-no. I-It’s not like that Mrs. Park.”

“Shhh, shh.. It’s okay, I’ll help you. And one more thing, just call me Mama Park or even better, just call me mum.”

Baekhyun felt so warn and touched upon hearing Mrs. Park words. He didn’t even remember the las time he had uttered the word ‘mum’ or ‘dad’. He didn’t know how long he had been suffering to live alone. He didn’t know how long he had been hiding in the dark. He didn’t know how long he felt love and to be love.

“Why are you crying?”

Hearing Mrs. Park words, brought Baekhyun back to his sense. The three Parks were looking at him with a concerned look on their face. Then he registered Mrs. Park question. Indeed, he felt wet tears running down his cheeks. He quickly wiped the tears away and let out a chuckled.

“N-nothing. I just thought of something. It’s not important.” Baekhyun went back to eat his food.

“Mom, I think we should just stay home and watch movies together.” Chanyeol said.

Mrs. Park smile softly at Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“It’s great. As long as I get to spend the day with my favorite son and his cutie boyfriend~”

“AHEM.” Mr. Park cleared his throat to gain Mrs. Park attention.

 

“Yes, and you too my sugar pie.” Mrs. Park leaned in closer to Mr. Park and snuggled playfully at the man’s shoulder.

Mr. Park huffed and looked to the side.

“Awhhhh, is my sugar pie angry?” Mrs. Park cooed and pinched his cheeks.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at his parents while Baekhyun enjoyed watching their moments.

 

 

“We’ll go and buy some snacks and drinks. You two behave.” Mrs. Park said and sent a look at Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were smiling sheepishly at her.

“Why do WE have to go?” Mr. Park whined.

“Because, I miss going out with you.” Mrs. Park pouted and playfully looked away while crossing her arms against her chest.

“Honey boo, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you miss me that much.” Mr. Park said as he gently hold Mrs. Park’s shoulder and turn her around. He felt quite relieved upon seeing the small smile on her face.

“Okay, bye!” Chanyeol closed the door and pulled Baekhyun along with him to the living room.

“They are making me sick.” Chanyeol slumped on the couch and let out a sighed.

Baekhyun kept silent and took a seat next to Chanyeol. Chanyeol frowned when he didn’t hear any words coming out from Baekhyun’s mouth. Usually the smaller one will talk and blabbering and whining until Chanyeol announced that it was bed time. Only then, Baekhyun will keep quiet.

 

“Are you ok-“

 

Before Chanyeol could finished his sentence, Baekhyun quickly snuggled closer to him with his hands trapping Chanyeol’s waist and face buried on Chanyeol’s chest.

 

“I’m so jealous of you Chanyeol. You have everything. You were born in a very happy family and a very happy surrounding. We are so different from each other. Everything that I have was opposite to everything that you have. Sometimes I question myself, whether do I deserve this treatment? You are so kind and sweet. Your parents. Oh my God! Your parents are perfect Chanyeol. They didn’t even know who I am and they didn’t even know what’s going on with me but yet, they treat me nicely. I don’t know Chanyeol, I think this is wrong. You deserve someone better and I want you to be happy.”

Chanyeol groaned when he heard about him being happy again. Suddenly, all Kai words rang in his head. He softly ran his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair.

“Baekhyun, I am happy.”

“No, you don’t” Baekhyun mumbled yet he snuggled impossibly closer to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh. The hand that was previously petting Baekhyun’s hair moved to rub the brunette’s arm.

“I’m sorry Baekhyun, I was too focus in thinking ways to make you happy. I was so cope in my thoughts to find a way to make you smile.”

“You always make me smile Channie. You don’t have to try. Your presence is enough to make me happy. Truthfully saying, I never thought that it was YOU who could see me. I’m just glad that it wasn’t the stingy old man who lived next to my house.” Baekhyun looked up and smiled brightly until his eyes formed the most adorable crescent eye smile.

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun and put on his own smile.

If people were to ask Chanyeol what or who is his ideal type? He might not have an answer for that. But right now, he know. He wanted someone who was pure and kind. Someone who was there to hear his story and someone to tell him story. And most importantly someone who has a pretty smile and a pretty face. Not to mention a very kissable lips and had a skin as smooth as silk. All of the combinations just dawn to one definite ideal person or to be exact a GUY that goes by the name Byun Baekhyun. The guy that was now literally staring at him with the two pairs of droopy eyes.

 

“I’m happy.” Chanyeol muttered softly while his hand found its way back to play with Baekhyun’s soft locks.  

Baekhyun wanted to reply but Chanyeol was faster to cut him off.

“I really do Baekhyun. I really do.” Chanyeol hand move to cup Baekhyun’s cheek. Slowly he leaned in closer and place a soft and tender kiss on the inviting lips.

Baekhyun shyly kissed back and he can felt that Chanyeol was smiling in between their kiss. Once they broke their kiss, Chanyeol place his forehead against Baekhyun’s.

 

 

“That is so weird.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun flinched upon hearing the familiar voice. True to their thoughts, there standing a few meters from them, their most trustworthy companion who was smiling slyly at them.

“Good day to you too Chen. Remind me again, why I let you duplicate the keys to my apartment.”

“Ummm, maybe because I’m the only one who can help you.” Chen smiled smugly before taking a seat opposite them.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes but he didn’t let Baekhyun moved away from him.

“I’m here because I have an important facts to tell you two. I’ve been doing a lot of research lately. And it’s amazing you know that apart from you, your parents can also see Baekhyun. Since you guys are soulmate, Chanyeol's parents were also given the priority to see probably their future son-in-law.” Chen said happily as he wriggled his eyebrows playfully.

“Yeah, we kind of know that, since my parents had come yesterday and they are going to stay here for a week.”

“The guardian of the Wishing Well….”

“Yeah, yeah. Kai is it?”

Chen huffed and pouted while Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol confusedly.

“Who’s Kai?” Baekhyun asked.

“We’ll talk about that later.” Chanyeol said and placed a quick peck on Baekhyun’s button nose.

“Now you two have 10 days before the deadline.”

“10 DAYS?!” Chanyeol asked in surprised.

Chen suddenly smile and ready to show off his knowledge.

“When Kai visits, it means the deadline was shorten to 10 days. According to the book I’ve read, Kai is the legal guardian of the Wishing Well after the death of his father. He was forced to marry with Kyungsoo, the guardian of Death Hole. Both of them were the total opposite to each other but that didn’t stop them to fall in love with each other. Kai and Kyungsoo didn’t go well with each other at first and they will always snapped at each other until one day, a week before Kai’s father death, Kai went missing. Kyungsoo though stated that he hates Kai, but what he did was actually the total opposite. He demands all of his underlings to search for Kai and he himself, leads one of the main group to search for him.”

Chen paused for a moments. Chanyeol and Baekhyun who was listening attentively, bodies were already separated from each other, were more interested to hear Chen’s story and they were happy when Chen’s open his mouth to continue the story.

“Do you have any drinks? I’m kind of thirsty right now.”

“UGHHH!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun groaned in frustration.

Chanyeol quickly ran to the kitchen, took a bottle of orange juice and jogged back to the living room, passing the bottle to Chen. After Chen had emptied the whole bottle, he went back to serious mode.

“It turns out that Kai was kidnapped and he was used as a hostage by his older brother. Seems like the older was not satisfied when their father decided to give the throne to Kai instead of him. When Kyungsoo found them, he managed to shove Kai’s brother to the Death Hole. ALONE. The almighty guy just got beaten up by a boy. It was safe to say that Kai felt glad and thankful when he saw Kyungsoo again. Starting from that day, Kai made a pledge saying that the day he visit the curse one, is the day where the deadline will be shorten because you will never know true love when you have more time but you will understand love when the time is short.”

“But why didn’t he tell me?” Chanyeol asked.

“Because you have me to help you two. And did I tell you, that Kai can actually see the future? I assume that he knows that I will come here sooner or later to break the news.”

The three of them remained in silence.

 

 

“WE”RE HOME!” Mrs. Park happily chirped as she sashays her way inside the house.

“I knew that I shouldn’t gave them the duplicate keys.” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

HEYYYYYY!!!

Sorry for the late update~~

I tried my best to complete this chapter, I hope you guys will enjoy it!!

Thank you so much for your support!!