Chapter 10

The Curse That Leads Me to You

Baekhyun blinked his eyes multiple of times before registering the giant question.

“Baekhyun, will you be my boyfriend?”

Chanyeol’s boyfriend?

Boyfriend.

The word itself sound so right and it brought warmth in Baekhyun, filling all the empty spaces in his heart.

It was unbelievable and insane! Baekhyun was a total nobody and he had been alone for quite a long time. But right now, his longtime crush, the guy with the deep voice, the guy who had save his life at the alley and his apartment mate was asking him to be his boyfriend. Can you believe it?

He didn’t know why he never thought about it? Why he never thought that they will actually be in a serious relationship? They had been affectionate towards each other lately and they had grew closer to each other as day passes by. Way to close.

Baekhyun admitted that he had become way more bubbly and cheerful after knowing Chanyeol. At time he do felt guilty because Chanyeol was the only one working and he can’t do anything to help Chanyeol.

“Baek, it’s okay. I can earn the money and you can just stay home and wait for me to come back home.” Chanyeol assured Baekhyun when both of them were having dinner the other night.

“But, Chanyeol. This is not fair. You pay for all the expenses and I didn’t even pay for anything. I promise Chanyeol, after I’m free from this curse, I will work hard to pay you back.” Baekhyun said with full of determination.

Chanyeol just let out a chuckled and stop eating to look at Baekhyun.

“You’ve done a lot actually Baekhyun. You cook for us, you clean around the house and most importantly, you are always there every time I came back from work, wearing that beautiful smile on your face and that’s more than enough.”

Baekhyun can only blushed.

Baekhyun stared at the pair of orbs that were staring back at him, looking for the long awaited answer with full of hope. Baekhyun lips twitched to a smile and place his soft, delicate hand on top of Chanyeol’s that were rested on his cheek.

“I do Chanyeol. I want to be your boyfriend. I really do.”

Chanyeol broke into a huge grin, he instantly wrapped his long arms around Baekhyun’s wrist and lifted the startled boy from the floor.

“Thank you, thank you, and thank you.” Chanyeol muttered as he spin around with an armful of giggling Baekhyun.

 

------:------:------

 

“I really can’t believe that you said yes Baekhyun. Are you really sure you’re going to spend your entire life with this lamp post?” Chen said as he walked around the living room sassily and eyed Baekhyun who was sitting impossibly close to Chanyeol, who had his arm wrapped around Baekhyun’s waist.

“Lamp post? Really, Chen? Don’t listen to him Chanyeol, he’s just jealous.” Baekhyun scoffed and covered Chanyeol’s ears.

Chen rolled his eyes, as he was about to make a smart comeback, a voice suddenly interrupted them.

“Yeah, I’m with Chen on this one. Are you really sure that you are going to date this giant?”

Despite having Baekhyun’s tiny hands covering both of his ears, Chanyeol can still hear the unnecessary question because he already had the answer to it.

“Who is that?” Baekhyun whispered softly as he let go of his hand and eyed the mysterious man that was walking towards them. Even Chen seems surprised by the sudden appearance of the mysterious man while Chanyeol just groaned at the sudden intrusion.

“Baekhyun, Chen this is Kai, and Kai, this is Baekhyun and Chen.” Chanyeol introduced them half-heartedly.

 “This is Kai? So handsome.” Baekhyun softly muttered the last part but loud enough for Chanyeol’s big ear to catch each words.

Chanyeol snorted and diverted his gaze to the tan guy who was smiling in satisfaction.

“And you are pretty Byun Baekhyun.” Kai said when their eyes met.

“Oh my god, oh my god.” Baekhyun felt heat rose through his whole body when Kai complimented him.

“Ahemmm, soulmate here.” Chanyeol raised both of his forefingers and pointed to himself hoping that Baekhyun will notice him.

“Yeah, yeah. And I’m a potato yet I’m here.” Chen said as he shrugged his shoulders.

“Sorry, Yeollie.” Baekhyun smiled sheepishly but pouted when his boyfriend looked away from him and scooted a bit farther from him.

“Oh, empty space!” Kai happily said and was about to take a seat between Chanyeol and Baekhyun but Chanyeol was fast to pull Baekhyun closer to him until Baekhyun found himself sitting on Chanyeol’s lap with Baekhyun’s back leaning against Chanyeol sturdy chest.

“Pffft, that wasn’t necessary.” Kai said as he comfortably sat on the couch.

“Why are you here?” Chen asked as he himself sat on the unoccupied couch opposite to them while looking at Kai curiously.

“Well, as you know that I will usually come a day before the judgment day.”

“Yeah, aren’t you supposed to be here tomorrow?” Chanyeol interrupted and he make sure to keep Baekhyun close to him by wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s waist securely.

“Yeah, and I was supposed to tell you my story without being interrupted but yet none of us achieve what we want.” Kai said mockingly and Chanyeol just gave Kai a playful smile and do a zipping motion to emphasize that he will keep his mouth shut.

“I come here today because of Kyungsoo.”

The three pair of eyes were looking at Kai intently and hoping that Kai will continue his story. Kai let out a sighed and took a deep breathe before continue his story.

“I had a huge fight with Kyungsoo yesterday and he might or might not say that he will not give forgiveness to the curse one and their soulmate during the judgement day.”

“WHAT?!” The three of them shouted in unison.

All of them went silent for a moment until Chen broke it.

“Aren’t you the Guardian of the Wishing Well? How does it related to Kyungsoo?”

“When you are married to the other immortal, both of them possess the same authority. It means that if you are tied together you need to have an agreement from both side before making the decision.”

“Why are you two fighting?” Baekhyun asked as he already felt restless but Chanyeol tried to calm him down by drawing circles on the smaller waist with his thumbs.

“I’m so sorry, I never thought that it will be this serious. We were lying on the bed as usual but then I decided to open my big mouth and make fun about how his height didn’t match his big eyes and deep voice. After he heard that, he instantly pushed me away from him and walked out from our room while yelling ‘I won’t forgive those curse one ever and it’s all thanks to you’. I tried to run after him but I can’t find him anywhere. I don’t have anywhere else to go, that’s why I come here.” Kai explained.

“Wow, you’re stupid.” Baekhyun said after five minutes of silence.

“Hey, I thought you said I’m handsome.” Kai said in disbelief.

Baekhyun sent him a glared that managed to make Kai flinched. He took a moment to reflect himself and let out a huge sigh.

“I know. I am so sorry. I really wanted to give both of you a happy ending but I mess up. The three of you had work so hard and here I am making mistakes at the most crucial moment.” Kai groaned in frustration and ran his finger through his hair quite harshly.

Chen and Chanyeol looked at Kai sympathetically.

“I really thought that I will finally be free.” Baekhyun said as tears formed in his eyes.

Kai can’t felt guiltier than he already was.

“I-I’m really sor-“

“Okay, okay, we get it. You’re sorry. But not to worry as I …” Chen stood up from his seat and puffed his chest proudly.

“Have the perfect solution for this.”

“Woah, that was fast.” Chanyeol said as he wiped away the tears that managed to escape Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Aha, never underestimate the Great Chen and his device.” Chen said proudly and raised his Rose Gold iPhone 6 Plus.

“What do I have to do?” Kai asked desperately.

“No, no. It’s what WE have to do.” Chen put on his Cheshire smile that cause the three of them to look at Chen curiously.

I'm back~~

I can't believe that this story almost hit 200 subscribers.

I'm really happy and I really appreciate all of you for taking your time to read, to subscribe, to upvote and to leave a comment.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

P/S - This story almost reach its end. (>.<)