Chapter 11

The Curse That Leads Me to You

“You’re so slow. I can arrive there less than a minute.” Kai complained as he leant against the backseat and Chanyeol decided to lower the speed just to annoy Kai and smirked once he heard Kai groaned in frustration.

“You still didn’t tell us about the plan.” Baekhyun who was sitting on the passenger seat turned around to see Chen.

“Honey, I will tell you when I need to.” Chen said in a motherly tone causing Baekhyun to let out a soft chuckled.

 

“Oh, Chen. I thought today was your day off.” Minseok looked quite surprised when Chen entered the bookstore with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun insisted that he wanted to tag along because he missed Minseok so much and he really hoped that Minseok can see him.

“Ummm, Minseok. Can you come with us?” Jongdae asked with a very serious tone.

Minseok was stunned for a moment as he was trying to digest Chen’s words.

“Where? Why?” Minseok asked hesitantly.

“It’s kind of hard for me to explain right now. I promise you that this will be the last request ever. I won’t ask anything from you later on.” Chen asked with pleading eyes that Minseok can’t help but to let out a defeated sigh.

“Fine, but if anything ever happen to me-“

“No! No! I promise you that nothing will happen to you.” Chen said confidently.

“Whoa, ChenChen. So manly.” Baekhyun gave Chen’s shoulder a light slap.

Minseok blinked his eyes countless of time when he saw Chen’s jerked forward all of the sudden.

 

“Why are you sitting in the middle? You can sit at the other end.” Minseok asked curiously.

Seems like, Minseok didn’t have any idea about Kai and Baekhyun’s presence. The latter was really confused when Chen straightly went to sit at the backseat and urged Minseok to sit next to him.

“Ummm, it’s kind of hot right now and I don’t really like the idea of being drench in sweat.” Chen said sassily and flipped his hair to proof his words.

Minseok snorted and looked outside the window, right hand supporting his face and a small smile managed to creep on his face.

Kai smirked and patted Chen’s shoulder.

“Impressive, 15% already.”

Chen was caught by surprised and turn to face Kai in disbelief. Even Chanyeol who was driving and accidentally heard Kai’s word was kind of surprised.

Ah, so Mr. Know-it-all is in love with Mr. Bookstore. Interesting.

“Channie, why are you smiling? We are in crisis right now.” Baekhyun asked half angry half curious.

Of course, Baekhyun was too oblivious to his surrounding that he didn’t even realized that his best friend had a crush on the manager. Chanyeol just decided to put on his poker face and continue to focus in driving.

“Is it weird if I say that I actually know you are going to drag me somewhere today?” Minseok suddenly blurted out.

“Woah, did you dream about this or something?” Chen joked around trying to lift the mood.

“No, actually yesterday, there’s this guy came by when I was about to close the store. He said that I should be there when my friend need me and he said that regardless anything happen I won’t get a good friend as good as the one I got right now. So, since you are my friend, and you ask me for help, I assume that it must be you.” Minseok explained.

Kai was kind of stunned for a moment.

“Ask him who’s that guy is.” Kai nudged Chen’s arm.

“Do you know who that guy is?’ Chen asked hesitantly.

“He said that his name is Do-umm Do Kyungsoo. He kind of introduce himself and he even wanted me to memorize his name in case anyone ask about him. Oh my god! Is he a psychic?” Minseok started to ramble nonsense while the rest of them were lost in their thought.

 

 

“OH MY GOD!” Baekhyun exclaimed in total bewilderment.

Seems like the trip to Jirirsan took longer than they expected but it was kind of satisfying when you saw the words ‘Mount Jirisan’ on the signboard. Once they arrived, they were greeted by a very beautiful scenery of a green covered mountains and a very calming breeze of air.

“Jirisan? Are we going for a trip? Because I didn’t bring anything with me.” Minseok asked curiously and he took out his phone to capture the beautiful view in front of him.

“YEAH! Finally!” Kai stretched out and took a deep breathe.

“Why are we here?” Minseok asked again as he stood in front of Chen.

Chen was about to answer but Kai was quick enough to appear next to him. Kai took out a sort of magical dust from his pocket and sprinkled it on top of Minseok’s head.

“Where is this coming---- WHAT ARE YOU?” Minseok took a few steps backwards when he finally saw the legal Guardian of the Wishing Well.

“There’s no time to explain, we need to find Kyungsoo.” Kai said when he finally realized the reason they came here in the first place.

Minseok was kind of loss and it didn’t help when he saw another presence that he thought he won’t ever see again.

“Byun Baekhyun! When did you arrive?” Minseok asked as he went to give Baekhyun a bear hug.

“Nice to see you too, hyung. But we really need to rush.” Baekhyun broke the hug, took Minseok’s wrist and ran together to catch along with the other.

“Are you kidding me? We need to climb all the way up there?” Chen asked as he eyed the tall mountain right in front of him.

“Well, it was supposed to be like that, but this case is an exception. We can take shortcut, come on.” Kai ran to the other side of the mountain followed by the other.

Baekhyun was expecting that they will be greeted by a magical airplane or a hot air balloon but he wasn’t expecting that he will actually be seeing an elevator. Like, who would ever thought that there will be an elevator at a mountain?

“Get inside.” Kai urged everyone to get inside the elevator and closed it once he make sure that everyone managed to get in.

The ride was kind of frustrating because each and one of them were feeling restless than ever. Chanyeol intertwined his fingers with Baekhyun and hold his hand securely.

 

“We’re here.” Kai announced when the ride came to a stop.

Once the elevator was opened, everyone calmly stepped out and was awed to see the scenery in front of them, well except for Kai since it was his territory after all.

If they were to describe this place, they will eventually said that it was what paradise look like. The place was amazing and breathtaking. In front of them was a huge mansion standing proud and big, surrounded with varieties of tree and flowers. Birds and butterflies were flying around happily ignoring the newcomers.

“Welcome to my place.” Kai said proudly upon seeing the other stunned face.

“Great, now we need to go and find Kyung-“Chanyeol’s words were cut off when another voice interrupted him.

“No need to, I’m here.”

Everyone looked around and saw someone was sitting so casually on the roof of the huge mansion.

“Kyungsoo, baby. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean any words that I said yesterday.” Kai kneels and put his hands together to beg for forgiveness from his love one.

Kyungsoo jumped and landed safely on the ground. He arranged his steps and finally he stopped once he arrived in front of the newcomers.

“Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongdae and Kim Minseok. Nice to have you guys here.” Kyungsoo said calmly.

Everyone was anticipating for Kyungsoo to say something or do something but, he didn’t. He just stood there and eyed each one of them intently causing them to shiver when they made eye contact with him.

“Follow me.” Kyungsoo started to walk and the rest of them just followed his lead.

Kai who was kneeling on the ground, stood up and pouted after being ignored by Kyungsoo. He slowly trailed along to join the other.

Seems like Kyungsoo had lead them to the backyard. And that’s when they saw the Wishing Well. It’s not an ordinary well but it’s a very classy and modern well. The well was painted in white and had a different pattern sculptured on it. There was an unknown bright yellow and orange flowers growing around the well, highlighting the elegancy of the well.

“As you can see, this is the Wishing Well. The curse one and their partner will come here to ask forgiveness and only then the curse one will be free. Clearly enough, you guys know about that but sadly today was not the deadline AND you guys had break several rules. Bringing other people and also using shortcuts which was really inappropriate and it was consider as rude.”

Baekhyun felt like he was shrinking at every single words that came from Kyungsoo’s mouth.

“BUT there’s still a way for you two to be forgiven.”

Baekhyun lighten up upon hearing that and he kept on holding to Chanyeol’s hand tightly.

“By repaying the broken rules.”

“I’ll do anything. I can pay you any amount of money, just name the price.” Chanyeol said anxiously because he really wanted this to end so that he can finally be together with Baekhyun. Normally.

 “Hoho, it’s not that easy. We don’t accept cash. BUT we only accept scarification of a human soul.”

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!