Chapter 3

The Curse That Leads Me to You

Silence fill the room as no one utter a single word. 

Then Baekhyun decided to break the silence.

“Great! Who's this Yuu guy? Chanyeol, asked Chen if he is handsome.” Baekhyun chirped happily with a big sparkling eyes.

If Chanyeol was not in a surprise state right now he will eventually face palmed at the stupidity and completely make fun of Baekhyun but knowing he was the victim he clearly shut his mouth and looked at Chen still in disbelief while Chen can only looked back at Chanyeol. 

“Are you serious?” Chanyeol asked in a quite soft and audible voice afraid as if anyone else would hear it. 

Baekhyun gawked his mouth wide opened before squealing and looked at Chanyeol who in returned raised his eyebrows at the smaller reaction. He grabbed Chanyeol’s arm and shake it causing Chen to look Chanyeol weirdly.

“You know him? Is he your friend? Is he tall like you? Does he has a big ears too?” Baekhyun frowned at the last sentence.

Once again, if ONLY Chanyeol wasn't the victim of this event, he will eventually mock Baekhyun for not managing to understand this simplest thing and for mocking his ears.

Chen who wasn’t getting the dark aura surrounding Chanyeol, decided to continue.

“Yes. According to the book. The person that was under this curse can ONLY communicate with his soulmate as ONLY the said soulmate can SEE and FEEL the curse one.” 

Woohoo, lucky me!

Chanyeol just wanted to knock his head on the walls multiple of times hoping that he would wake up from this horrible nightmare.

Chanyeol felt that Baekhyun had removed his hands from his arm, and the latter face suddenly turned to a serious one and went on to do a thinking pose with fingers tapping on his chin. Then, the tapping stop causing Chanyeol to shift his concentration to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun cupped his mouth and stood up, walking around the room before stopping to stand next to Chen, who was oblivious that his invisible friend was standing next to him. 

“Wait. The only person who can actually see me and feel me is…” 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was wearing the ‘now you know’ face. 

“You.” 

Chanyeol groaned leaving Chen clueless as ever. 

“I don't need to be remind about that again.”

Baekhyun was still fascinated about the new discovery while Chanyeol looked like he was about to pass out from accepting the fact.

“I’m kind of lost here.” Chen voiced out his thought, feeling ignored after giving out such an important fact.

“Seems like your dear friend right here, just figure out that when you say ‘YOU’, you are referring to me and not a guy name YUU.” 

Chen who now understands the situation just shook his head.

“Did I ever tell you that he can be a slowpoke sometimes? Probably not in terms of physical but more on mental.” 

“If I were you I’m not going to look left because the slowpoke is now giving you the look of death.” 

Chen cautiously took a few steps to the right. 

“Okay, back to the curse thing. It didn't end there.” Chen said and went to take a seat opposite to Chanyeol while Baekhyun trailed behind him and went to take a seat next to Chanyeol, not forgetting to stick out his tongue at Chen who was busy flipping the page of the book.

“It says here that in order for the curse one to gain forgiveness, he or she MUST go there with their soulmate in order to break the curse. And it's not enough going there only to seek for forgiveness BUT more than enough to gain the forgiveness.” 

“What does it mean?” Chanyeol asked sounding more confused than ever. 

Baekhyun who listening attentively also nodded his head agreeing with Chanyeol's question. 

“It means that if you two decided to go there only to break the curse than it's not enough for them to forgive you.” 

Chen took a chance to glance at Chanyeol and he was really sure that the latter was still confused with the whole situation and he can bet all his life that Baekhyun was no different. He then decided to continue explaining in a simpler way.

“The main reason for this curse was to actually united two hearts to become one and not to cause misery for anyone who wants to find their love ones. In other words, it means that this curse can only be break if you two love each other not because to break the curse BUT because you two care about each other.” 

TIK! TOK! TIK! TOK! 

The sounds of the old grandpa clock just proof that the room once again had fell in a deep silence. 

“Woah, what? That's crazy! I can barely stand seeing him for a day and now you are telling me that I need to love him? You must be joking right? Isn’t there any other way or anyone else that can help him? Because I'm not going to do it and that's final!” Chanyeol finally burst out, after registering Chen's words causing Baekhyun and Chen to flinch. 

“Chany-“ 

Baekhyun stopped when he saw Chanyeol turn and glared at him. 

“NO! SHUT UP! I don't want to hear anything from you. If you were in your right mind, then this thing will never happen. You just have to open that big mouth of yours.” Chanyeol pointed an accusing finger at Baekhyun who was cowering on the seat. 

Baekhyun was at loss of words because Chanyeol was really scary at the moment.

“I need you to calm down.” Chen tried his best to calm the man who was obviously didn't have any intention to do so. 

Chanyeol sighed and closed his eyes to at least try to calm down.

When Baekhyun saw that Chanyeol was distracted, he quickly went out from the room and literally went THROUGH the door. But Chanyeol saw it. He groaned in frustration and sat in a harsh manner, ignoring the pain on his bottom. 

Chen cautiously looked around the room to see if there's any sign of his friend.

“He's already out.” Chanyeol said as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

Chen sighed as he look at the man in front of him pitifully. 

“Hey, I know that Baekhyun can be a pain in an but he's a really great guy.”

Chanyeol scoffed and Chen just smile.

“He had been living by himself for the past years because he had no one else to go to. His parents were divorced when he was 15 years old and none of them actually wanted to take responsibility on him. My mom who knew about the story before I do, decided to take Baekhyun to live with us for the time being. Although he live with us, it was as if he wasn't even there. After school, he will straight away went to work at the café until 7PM and then walked a few blocks away to work at the BBQ Restaurant until 1AM. When he was 18, he finally gained enough to rent his own house. Now that he's 21, he went around to look for another job because having two works is not enough and he was sure that he can handle more works.” 

Chanyeol suddenly felt a sudden rush of guilt running through him. He knew it wasn't Baekhyun faults to start with. The boy was just curious and the next thing you know, he was curse. Chanyeol finally sighed in defeat. 

“I’m not telling you all this stuff to gain your sympathy. I just want you to know about Baekhyun. Although he was smiling right now, I know that he was crying on the inside. Even if he's laughing, I know that he wants someone to lean on when he cry.” 

Chanyeol looked at Chen and saw sincerity written all over the latter face. He can sense that Chen was really protective and a very loyal friend towards Baekhyun.

“I’m sorry man. This was just too sudden and I know that Baekhyun didn't mean any harm but I was just so surprised and I didn't even know if this is the right thing to do.” Chanyeol confessed. 

“I got to admit that this is really surprising. And I bet if I tell my mom that Baekhyun turn invisible, she will probably think I'm crazy.” Chen said and let out a small laughed while imagining his mom chasing him around the house for telling lies. 

“I think I'm going to try and talk to Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said as he slowly got up from the chair.

“Good luck! And I, will try to complete this book and try to find any more important information.” 

 

Chen was too absorb in the book and he was kind of surprised to see Chanyeol barged into the room quite harshly. Chen place his book on the table and looked at Chanyeol. By looking at the giant panic face, he was sure that something isn't right.

“He's gone.” 

Hey! Hey!

Thank you sooooo much for subscribing and for upvoting this story ^^

I did tried to make this chapter longer but I'm kind of stuck at this point and I will try to write more on the next chapter

                                             (,-, _ ,-, ) *does it look like a crying emoticon?