Chapter 1

The Curse That Leads Me to You

Chanyeol took a deep breath and stared at the brunette guy who was standing in front of him looking so small and helpless.

“Come in.”

Baekhyun flinched upon hearing the deep demanding voice. Chanyeol had took a step aside to give space for Baekhyun to walk into his house. He arranged his steps and slowly enter the welcoming house. The house wasn’t that fancy but it was neat. The baby blue colored painted wall suits well with the white and black furniture in the living room.

“My name is Chanyeol.” Chanyeol said as he went and took a seat on the single couch while Baekhyun stood awkwardly in the middle of the living room.

“I’m Baekhyun.”

“Yeah, yeah. I heard you before. And, if my ears didn’t trick me, I’m surely hear that you said you were curse.”

Baekhyun went back to play with the hem of his hoodie and nodded his head.

“Are you born curse? Or any witch or sorcerer are planning revenge on your parents and decided to put a curse on you until Prince Charming will come and kiss you to break the curse?”

Although it sounds ridiculous but the serious tone in Chanyeol’s voice make Baekhyun think that the latter was really serious.

“You watch to many fairy tale movie. It’s really irrational and only a freak will believe that.” Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol scoffed and eyed the smaller brunette.

“Well then Mr. Invisible, for your information the only freak in this room is you. I’m not the one knocking on people’s door early in the morning only to be greeted by a guy who claimed himself being a curse.”

Baekhyun pouted and mumbling by himself leaving Chanyeol with a proud smile.

“If my theory is wrong, then do you mind telling me the truth?”

Baekhyun’s lips were form in a thin line and his eyes were quivering as he was afraid of telling the giant the truth. Chanyeol waited patiently and his eyes kept on signaling and urging Baekhyun to talk.

Baekhyun let out a deep sighed and looked straight into Chanyeol’s eyes.

“It’s my fault.”

Baekhyun was trying to get any reaction from Chanyeol but the latter was looking at the brunette with a very calm face and hoping that the story didn’t end there.

He took it as a good sign to continue his story.

--------:---------

 

At the bookstore.

“Someone seems happy today.”

Baekhyun who had a smile plastered on his face turn around to give his friend a brighter smile that the said friend need to take a few steps backward because of the creepiness.

“Of course I’m happy. It’s my first day of work and I got to spend my time with my best friends~” Baekhyun sang happily.

“Great, I’m stuck with a weirdo.”

Baekhyun smiled shyly at his friend who was leaning against one of the tall bookshelves with a confused expression on his face.

“Chen, stop complimenting me.”

Chen rolled his eyes and walked away while murmuring to himself on how stupid of him to recommend Baekhyun to the bookstore manager. Baekhyun chuckled at the sight of his friend misery.

Since it was his first day of work, he was appointed to rearrange the book that had been misplaced on its original section. As he was cleaning the last bookshelf which was located far away from the other bookshelves, he felt a sudden chill running down through his spine.

The bookstore was an old bookstore which was located in a quite rural area. The interior design of the bookstore was really antic and old. But Baekhyun didn’t care much about it as long as he got the job. Now, he kind of regretting it.

He was aware of his surrounding and kept his eyes wide open, afraid that someone might attack him.

“Baekhyun~”

Baekhyun flinched and quickly looked around, but he saw no one.

“Baekhyun~”

“Who’s there?”

With the feather duster as a weapon, he bravely took a few steps forward and ready to punch anyone that will appear right in front of him.

He made it to the end of the bookshelf and saw nobody. He let out a sigh of relief and thought that it was part of his imagination. But he was wrong.

As soon as he turned around.

“Boo.”

“AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!” Baekhyun screamed and stumbled as he took a few steps backwards.

As soon as Baekhyun managed to catch his breath, he looked down at the figure who was rolling around the floor while laughing hysterically at him.

“CHEN!!!!!!”

“You are so funny! You should have seen your face!”

Baekhyun was mad and he was about to kick Chen when the bell ring signaling there’s customer. Chen quickly regain his posture and went to attend the customer before Baekhyun had the chance to take revenge on him.

“Lucky potato.” Baekhyun huffed before he went back to his work.

As he was dusting the books, he took his time reading the tittle of the book.

“Woah, ‘The Curse of the Ancient Greek’. Is there anyone who still believe in this thing?”

He flipped through a few pages and let out a soft chuckled upon seeing the ridiculous spell.

“What are you doing?” Chen asked as he popped in front of Baekhyun.

“Reading this book.”

Baekhyun who was too immersed reading, had long forgotten about the incident that could made him end up in jail for killing his friend.

“Curse? Seriously Baek?”

“It’s weird and it’s really funny.” Baekhyun said and showed Chen the one that he was reading.

“Soulmate curse. Turn you invisible and if you are lucky you will find your soulmate.” Chen read it emotionlessly causing Baekhyun to laugh.

“See? It’s really funny. How can turning invisible lead you to find your soulmate?”

Chen wanted to read the other section but Baekhyun had taken the book from him.

“Look, as if I say ‘diapístosi adelfí psychí eínai adýnato , allá eínai dynatón, ótan eínai aórata’ I will instantly turn invisible.” Baekhyun said in a fluent Greek accent.

 

A sudden gush of wind passed through them and causes the books in the store to flip and some of the books from the shelves landed on the floor.

“What’s happening?” Baekhyun asked.

“Baekhyun! Look at you!” Chen widened his eyes as he looked at his friends while his hands were busy preventing the books from falling.

Baekhyun looked down and realized that his lower body part was slowly disappearing, and soon enough his whole body was gone from Chen sight. The book which Baekhyun hold fell on the floor. And the book was the only thing that Chen can see.

The wind had stopped and Baekhyun was nowhere in sight. Chen quickly took the book and turn to the page that Baekhyun had read the spell from.

 

 

 

THE SOULMATE CURSE

Το να βρείς την αδελφή ψυχή σου είναι αδύνατο αλλά είναι δυνατό όταν είσαι αόρατος


 
To na vreís tin adelfí psychí sou eínai adýnato allá eínai dynató ótan eísai aóratos

 

Translation :

Finding soulmate is impossible, but it is possible when you are invisible

 

--------:---------

 

 

“I saw Chen and I tried to talk to him and touch him but he can’t hear me or feel my touch. I was really sad and I didn’t know what to do so I ran away. I didn’t even know what time is it so I ran to my apartment but I forgot to take the key from my bag that I left at the store. And that’s why I tried to walk around each floor and randomly knock on people’s door but none of them saw me. But then, I knock at your door and you talk to me. That’s when I realized that you can see me.”

Chanyeol just stared at the boy wordlessly and let out a sigh.

“Listen, I don’t want to be mean and evil but I’m not in the mood to be in this mystical event. It’s 5 in the morning and I’m really tired. I need to go to the office in 3 hours and I really need this time for myself. I hope that you understand and will find a solution to your problem.” Chanyeol said as polite as ever.

Baekhyun was stunned but he sigh in defeat.

“I understand. I am so sorry for bothering you. I’ll go now.” Baekhyun quickly went out from Chanyeol’s apartment without looking at the giant.

I'm not sure whether it's the right translation as I copy the Greek translation from Google Translate.

I hope it's right.