Chapter 11

Taking Care Of 10

 

“ROCKY!!”

 

Bitto flinches at the loud shout that came from the hallway outside the classroom he is currently sitting in. He hates school it’s always loud and the teachers are constantly yelling at him to speak up. He would rather stay at home and sit in his tree but Eunkyung noona probably wouldn’t like that. Sighing he crosses his arms ontop the cold desk and buries his face in them. Bitto is just glad that he is the only one currently in the classroom at the moment because he just wants to be left alone for as long as he can. “Peace and quiet” He mutters as he buries his face further into his arms and falls into a light sleep.

 

It’s about two peaceful minutes that pass before Bitto hears the door hinges squeak signalling that someone else is entering the classroom. He snaps his head up and looks over at the door to see a pale guy with black hair standing in the doorway staring at him. Bitto sees the other’s mouth form an O in surprise before it is quickly replaced with a small smile.

 

“Good morning Bitto” The other says flashing him a blinding white smile the shows off sharp canines and Bitto just nods his head in response. “I wasn’t expecting anyone to be in here so early” It’s only Myungsoo. Bitto’s eyes follow the other as he walks to his desk that is located right in front of Bitto’s. He has no problem with the other as he quiet for the most part.

 

“It’s because it is quiet in here” He speaks just loud enough so that the other can hear his words. Myungsoo turns around in his seat to face the other who quickly looks away. Myungsoo hasn’t ever really heard the other’s voice before and he is surprised by how deep it is. “Yes it is quiet in here. That’s why I usually come in here before the bell rings”

 

Bitto enjoys listening to Myungsoo’s voice because it sounds soothing and it isn’t harsh to the ears. It is also unique sounding and Bitto just likes it. Some of the other students make fun of him for it and Bitto doesn’t understand why. It’s better than the high pitched nasally voices that most of the “pretty” girls have. He’d rather listen to Myungsoo than anyone else in the class. Well except for Leo, but Leo doesn’t talk.

 

Speaking of Leo he didn’t show up at their regular meeting spot so he ended up coming to the classroom instead of going to the library like he usually does. They usually find some books to read or just help each other out with homework. Bitto hopes that the other is okay because yesterday he went to the nurse’s office because he wasn’t feeling good. The two of them are sort of friends. Like they hang out, sit together and partner up for projects but neither one of them have actually said that they are friends. Maybe he was just late and he’s waiting for him right now. If that is true he would feel awful for making the other stand there waiting. Bitto gets pulled from his thoughts when Myungsoo starts talking.

 

“But what are you doing in here? Don’t you usually go to the library?” Myungsoo asks. He is curious because this is the first morning that he has ever seen the other in the classroom instead of the library. Myungsoo only knows that the other is always in the library cause he usually stops by there so that he can drop off some things. “Yea” Bitto mumbles and then shrugs his shoulders. “Leo wasn’t there” He says in a low voice and Myungsoo has to lean forward a little so that he can hear the other. “Oh Leo?” Myungsoo asks and Bitto nods his head. “Yeah he was sent home with a fever yesterday so I am pretty sure he won’t be here today”

 

Bitto chews on his bottom lip not knowing what to say as Myungsoo keeps on staring at him probably expecting some sort of response. He racks his head trying to think of some response but because of his awful social skills he can’t come up with anything that sounds good. If only he could freely talk to others like other people his age do. He softly sighs before murmuring “okay” and then turns to look out the window. He can feel the other’s eyes on him and he fidgets in his seat. Bitto sighs when out the corner of his eye he sees that Myungsoo turns back around in his seat. But he is curious as to why the other was staring at him.

 

*bell rings*

 

“Oh ! C’mon Sunyoul we’re going to be late” Ren grabs his friend hand and starts to pull him towards the large school building. That was the warning bell signalling that classes are about to start soon and that means that they need to get to the other side of the school in under 2 minutes. They are probably going to have to run and Ren grimaces. He spent all morning doing his hair and it’s just going to get messed up. But he would prefer messy hair then being late to class and having to stay after school for detention. “But Doyoung” Sunyoul says digging his heels into the ground and bringing them both to a stop. Sunyoul and Doyoung always walk to class together.

 

Ren pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs. “Sunyoul we need to get to class. You can see Doyoung later” Sunyoul shakes his head pouting and even though it is a cute sight Ren cuts his eyes at the other. “Sunyoul seriously? We’re going to get detention if we don’t get to class now”

 

“I don’t care. Me and Doyoung always walk to class together so I am waiting for him to come. If you don’t want to wait then you can go to class” Sunyoul crosses his arms turning away from Ren and walking over to a bench and sitting down on it. Ren takes a deep breath and releases it slowly to calm himself down. He does not want to snap right now. “Okay then i’ll see you later Sunyoul” He says before he turns on his heel and stomps up to the school building. Ren has his hand on the cold handle of the school door when he hears it. “Hey stop!” He knows it is Sunyoul’s voice so he turns. Maybe he changed his mind and actually wanted to make it to class on time.  

 

But what Ren sees instead makes him gasp in shock. A guy with a tight grip on Sunyoul's collar lifting him a couple of inches off the group. "Sunyoul!" Ren shouts as he races over to try and save his friend from the bully. "Let him go !" Ren shouts shoving the guy making him stumble and lose his grip on Sunyoul. Sunyoul falls back landing painfully on his and he lets out a yelp of pain. Ren is instantly at his side grabbing his shoulders and asking him if he is okay. Sunyoul nods his head still in shock from what just happened. The guy came out of nowhere. One second he was waiting for Doyoung and the next the guy came up insulting him for no reason.  He looks up at Ren to see concern in the other's eyes and he softly smiles to let Ren know that he's really okay. Sunyoul's eyes widen in fear when a looming shadow is cast over his friend. He opens his mouth to warn the other but before he can get a peep out Ren is yanked back by his hair. The guy shouts out "You ing !" before he pulls back his fist. Sunyoul scrambles forward trying to stop the guy from hitting his friend and just before the fist hits Ren it comes to an abrupt stop. "What do you think you're doing" Sunyoul looks up at the sound of the monotone voice to see a tall buff guy holding the bully's arm in a vice grip. "Let go of him" The monotone guy says nodding his head in Ren's direction where the bully still has a tight grip on his blond locks. Sunyoul can see the bully gulp before letting go of Ren's hair and Sunyoul quickly crawls over to his friend. "Oh my god Ren are you okay?" He asks as he helps the other sit up. "Im mainly in shock but I think I'm okay. My head just really hurts" Ren winces when he touches the tender spot on the back of his head. It's going to be painful to do his hair for the rest of the week now. He wants to cry just thinking about how awful his hair must look now, it took him all morning to get it the way he liked. "I’m so sorry that this happened to you" Sunyoul softly says feeling guilty, all of this happened because of him. "Sunyoul it's okay, don't think it's your fault cause it isn't" Ren says grabbing the other's hand and squeezes it softly. Sunyoul looks down at the hand grasping his and he has to blink back the tears that threaten to spill over. "On the bright side we'll be excused for being late to class" Ren jokes trying to make Sunyoul laugh and it works.

"Let's go to the clinic Ren, you should get some ice for your head" Sunyoul suggests and Ren nods his head, he definitely needs some ice the back of his head is throbbing. Hopefully he can be excused for the whole day and just go home to sleep the day away. Ren gets up first and turns to help Sunyoul up but when Sunyoul stands up fully he lets out a yelp of pain his hands flying to his lower back. "Sunyoul are you okay?" Ren asks worried about his friend and lets the other lean against him. "I think I bruised my tailbone when I hit the ground" He whimpers out and gasps in pain when his fingers graze over the bruise. "I don't think you can walk to the clinic. Do you want me to go get the nurse?"

"No I don't want to stay out here by myself. I think I can ma-aaaaay!" Sunyoul shouts in surprise when he is scooped  into someone's arms.

What's happening?

Is he getting kidnapped?


With wide eyes he looks up to see who picked him up and he's shocked to see the monotone guy who just saved them. "Wha-I'm taking you to the clinic" The guy says cutting him off and starts walking towards the school. Ren snaps out of his state of shock and rushes to catch up with the guy.

"It's okay I can walk. Im fine"

"Please let me go I don't like to be carried"

"Let me go. let me go. let me go" I start to squirm around trying to get out of the guy's grip. He hates being carried in someone's arms because it reminds him of things he'd rather forget "Stop before you hurt yourself more" The guy says and Sunyoul sighs in defeat.