Chapter 10

Taking Care Of 10

“Hey good work tonight” Donghyun says pulling into the driveway and eases the truck to a complete stop in front of the large garage door. “Are you sure you don’t want any help unloading the truck? I feel bad leaving you to do that by yourself” Eunkyung says turning slightly in her seat so that she can face the other. They have a lot of supplies and trash in the back and it’s probably too much for one person to do by their self, especially when they are tired. She really wants to tell him to pull out the driveway and that they can just go to the depot to do the work together. But she is also tired and only has about an hour and a half to sleep before waking again.

 

“Yeah it’s fine Eunkyung, I can tell your tired so just go on in and I’ll see you tomorrow.” He tells her and presses a button on his side door to unlock her door. “Shoo. Go on, go rest hun” He does the shooing motion at her and she just laughs before undoing her seatbelt.

 

“Fine I’ll go, I can see when I’m not wanted” She opens the door letting in a gust of cold air into the warm truck and steps out.

 

“Don’t slam-And she slams the door anyway” He mutters watching her walk across the front of the truck and over to his window. “She must be stressed out having to deal with so many brothers” He mumbles to himself as he takes in her exhausted looking body. He feels really bad for her and he wants to help her out but he has to deal with his own problems at the moment, his mother is in the hospital and all the bills just seem to be piling up.

 

“Hello stranger” He says while rolling down the window.

 

“Be quiet Harabeoji, now make sure you text me when you get home. I wanna make sure you get there safely” She tells him and he just glares at her. “Just because I am older than you it doesn’t make me a Harabeoji you ”

 

“Whatever you say Harabeoji, just don’t forget with that old brain of yours” Eunkyung quickly leans back when Donghyun reaches out for her and laughs at his red face. It’s just too easy to .  

 

“Shut up and just get inside you ”

 

She rolls her eyes at him. Always over dramatic when his pride is being picked at. Turning on her heel she walks up the driveway to the front door and fishes around for the key in her bag. I really need to clean this. Why do I have so many ing wrappers in here? When she finds it she unlocks the door and as she opens it she steps through the threshold, she turns around and waves to Donghyun before closing the door and locking it. The headlights from the truck shine in through the windows lighting up the living room for a few seconds before it goes back to being dark. Eunkyung trudges upstairs and as she goes down the hallway she peeks her head into each of the bedrooms to make sure all the boys are sound asleep. When she sees that they are all off in a peaceful slumber she enters her own room.

 

The moonlight pouring in from the window provides enough light for her to see Wei sleeping curled up in the blanket on her side of the bed and hugging a small ragged teddy bear to his chest. The sight of the bear makes her sadly smile at the memories that surround it and she has to turn away so that she doesn’t begin to cry. It was because of that teddy bear that her parents went back out and ended up getting hit by a drunk driver. She thought she hid it in the closet, away and out of her sight, but it seems like Wei managed to find it and get it down. Eunkyung doesn’t think she has the heart to hide it from the poor kid again because for once he is actually peacefully sleeping. Usually when she comes home from work he is crying in his sleep or he’s talking about something she doesn’t understand. She tried asking him about it but he never seems to remember what he dreamt about. Eunkyung sighs and just strips out of her work clothes and changes into her pajamas. She lays down on Wei’s side of the bed as she doesn’t want to move the boy. She ruffles his soft black hair before whispering “Good night” and closes her eyes. She slowly falls into a deep sleep.

 

“Mark!” Gyujin shouts when he spots his younger friend walking up to the school building. Said boy stops and turns around to see who yelled for him and when he spots Gyujin he smiles and waves at the other. Gyujin quickly looks back to see his noona holding hands with Xiao and Hwanhee, jealousy fills his body, but he smiles when his noona looks down at him. “Bye noona i’m going to walk with my friend.”

 

“Okay Gyujin-Hwanhee stop pinching your brother” Gyujin’s smile falters but he quickly puts on a cheery fake smile on his face when his noona looks back at him.  “Make sure you have a good day hun” He nods his head before turning and running up ahead to where his friend is waiting for him.

 

“Morning Gyujin. You okay?” Mark asks when he looks over at the other. Gyujin may think that nobody can read him but Mark can see past all the fake smiles the other tosses his way. “Yeah i’m fine Mark. Why wouldn’t I? It’s a beautiful morning” Gyujin says brightening his smile making the corner of his eyes crinkle. Mark just nods his head and smiles as well because he doesn’t want to argue with Gyujin about it. Mark just hopes that his friend will tell him what’s going on with him soon so that he can help him.

 

“Ooo look Mark it’s Mark hyung. I wonder if he’ll want to walk with us.” Gyujin says pointing at a blond boy wearing a yellow hoodie with donuts all over it. “I always get confused because of you. I always tell you to call me Minyoung but you insist on calling me Mark. You just like watching us both get flustered don’t you?” Mark asks cutting his eyes at Gyujin who just innocently smiles at his younger friend. “Hey Mark Hyung!” Gyujin shouts while Mark lightly shoves him. The blond Mark lazily takes out one of his earbuds and turns his head towards the direction that the shout came from. He scans over the crowded area and when he spots his friend Gyujin enthusiastically waving his arms in the air he softly smiles. He turns around and walks over to where his friends are waiting for him. “Hey Gyujin, hey Minyoung.”

 

The two youngers happily chirp back their greetings to the blond as they enter the big building filled with kids bustling around the halls. “You guys heading to breakfast?” Mark asks pulling out his other earbud and hangs it over his ear so that he can still hear the music that’s blasting from it. “I was going to go if Gyujin wanted to” Mark says looping his arm through the other’s arm and cheekily grins at him. “Yeah sure we can go” Gyujin says turning and looking at both of his friends.

 

“WEI!!!!” The shout of the name startles the three boys. “What was that?” Younger Mark asks curiously turning and glancing behind them. With his head turned he doesn’t see a boy running towards him and so he gets hit in the side knocking him down. Because their arms are linked Gyujin gets dragged down along with Mark and hits the dirty floor.

 

“Oww” Mark and Gyujin whine from their spot on the ground. “Are you guys okay?” Blond Mark asks quickly getting closer to them and offers a hand to the other Mark. “Yeah I think we’re alright” Mark says dusting himself off and with the other Mark’s help the two of them get Gyujin up off the ground.

 

“Gyujin are you alright?”

 

Gyujin looks up from dusting himself off to see Wei standing there looking concerned. “Hmm yeah. I think I’m fine” He answers dusting his hands off and smiles at the other. He raises an eyebrow when he sees someone peeking over his brother’s shoulder and when they make eye contact the other quickly dips down out of sight.

 

“Ten apologize” Wei says glancing over his shoulder to see the hiding Thai boy staring back at him with wide eyes. “Why?” He whispers and Wei just gives him a look. Ten sighs before he pops his head up from behind Wei’s shoulder and mumbles  “sorry” to the two boys he knocked down earlier. To be honest Ten feels bad about knocking them down but it was because he was just so excited to see Wei and didn’t look where he was going.

 

“It’s okay” Younger Mark says waving off the other’s apology and Gyujin nods his head smiling. Ten kindly smiles at the two before poking Wei’s cheek. “Are you happy now?” Ten asks and Wei just smiles at him. Gyujin watches this and it makes him happy that his younger brother has some friends. Speaking of friends Gyujin looks at younger Mark and cheekily smiles. “It’s fine. If anything it’s because of Mark that I fell” Mark looks over at Gyujin and glares at him before smacking his arm. “Ow Mark” Gyujin whines rubbing his arm and the older Mark just laughs at his younger friends. “Don’t just stand there laughing Mark” Gyujin whines out.

 

“Ooo are both of you guys named Mark?” Ten asks pointing his finger at blond Mark and then at younger Mark. “Yeah” The both of them answer at the same time and Ten’s eyes widen. “Creepy” he whispers. “That’s awesome” He says resting his cheek on Wei’s shoulder. The two Marks just shrug their shoulders and Gyujin grins. “It’s so funny seeing them get flustered when they answer for the wrong Mark”

 

“Hey!” The two of them shout and Gyujin just laughs at them.

 

The two groups of friends just stand there awkwardly not really knowing what to say anymore. “Well we have to go. The cafeteria is calling us” Gyujin says not able to take the awkward atmosphere anymore.  “See you at home Wei” Gyujin says linking arms with both of his friends and leads them away.

 

“Are you guys brothers?” The curious friends ask them. “Sorta” Gyujin says to his two curious friends while Wei says “Yeah” to the Thai boy that is still leaning on him.

 

“You guys don’t look like you’re related” Ten says watching the one who is supposedly Wei’s brother walk down the hall and disappear around the corner. “Well that’s cause we aren’t biologically related” Wei says and Ten nods his head. That makes a lot more sense to the other but does that mean Wei is adopted? Or did one of his parent’s get with one of Gyujin’s? Ten goes to ask Wei because he is really curious but the other says something that makes him completely forget what he was about to ask.

 

“Isn’t that Rocky?” Ten looks at where Wei is pointing and he sees that it is indeed his golden brown haired best friend that is standing in front of his locker at the end of the hallway. “ROCKY!!” Ten screams before running over to where his now frozen friend is standing staring in horror.