Changed

World of Shadows

“I… don’t know.” Areum was staring at the ceiling with a blank expression on her face. “I simply don’t know what to think or do.”

Sehun sighed. He put one of her small hands between his huge ones. It was cold. “Just give it time,” he said. “You know that Joonmyeon Hyung loves you like a real sister. You… mean everything to him.”

“But…” The girl’s voice faded. Her blank expression turned into a tortured one.

“Look inside your heart,” the boy softly advised her. He reached out and smoothed the crease between the girl’s brows.

Areum was quiet for a moment. “He’s my wonderful brother,” she whispered. “I love him.”

Sehun gave her a small but warm smile. “You should rest for now,” he whispered back. With his big hand, he pushed the bangs off her forehead in a comforting way. “I’ll stay beside you while you sleep.”

The girl’s eyes closed and soon her breathing steadied. Sehun gazed at her.

‘I’ll stay by your side forever,’ he thought.


“Hyung.” Jungkook’s voice was muffled from the other side of the line, as if he didn’t have good signal.

“How did it go?” Joonmyeon asked breathlessly. Anxiety creased his brow.

“Well, it was a success.” Jungkook paused for a moment. “The factory is demolished. We used a bomb, as you guys did.”

“Was anyone hurt?” The older boy’s tone turned urgent. He tried not to betray any fear in his voice. Although the young gangs were pretty competent, they were still quite young.

“Umm… well, all the NCT127 and most of the Seventeen members have minor injuries. Jimin Hyung has a pretty nasty knife wound in his arm, but Namjoon Hyung treated it. As for V Hyung and Jin Hyung…” Jungkook’s voice faded.

“What happened?” Joonmyeon asked in a tight voice. His anxiety had intensified.

“V Hyung has a gunshot wound in his leg – Namjoon Hyung managed to get the bullet out and treated it. And Jin Hyung… he was a little too late in getting out. He has a nasty burn on his back. Namjoon Hyung’s trying to treat it, but Jin Hyung currently is unconscious and has a nasty fever. I think he and V Hyung should hide out in a safe place as we finish the last mission.”

“Jin’s in a comma?” Joonmyeon exclaimed. The rest of the Exo-K members around him stared at their leader worriedly.

“It’s not exactly a comma. I’m hoping that we don’t have to send him to the emergency room, but if his condition gets worse… well, we have no choice.” Jungkook seemed to be on the verge of panic.

Joonmyeon took a deep breath. “Calm down,” he advised the young boy. “Jin’s a strong guy. He’ll survive. Keep a good eye on him and do go to the hospital if needed.”

“’Course, Hyung. Thanks. Contact us when Exo-M finds the last hideout. We’ll be heading back to our hideout in Busan. Oh, by the way, Suga Hyung says that he’ll stay with V Hyung and Jin Hyung in Cheongju. Is that alright?”

“Of course. Be safe.” Joonmyeon ended the call with a sigh. Baekhyun raised a questioning eyebrow. “The mission was a success. However, V was shot in the leg and Jin apparently is unconscious after receiving a severe burn on his back,” the grim leader explained. The boys’ faces darkened at the second part of the news.

Joonmyeon glanced at Chanyeol. “Any news from Exo-M?” he asked.

The tall boy looked down at the phone in his hands. “Not yet,” he mumbled. “Hoping to hear from them soon.”


“Is she well?” Luhan asked first thing when he entered the hospital hallway. The Exo-K members jumped to their feet when they saw Luhan and Tao rushing towards them.

“Yes. Did you guys find the main hideout?” Baekhyun exclaimed.

Luhan’s face twisted into a scowl. “We sure did find one gang who had a clue about it. BAP.” He spat the words out like acid. “And they want a huge compensation for it.”

“What do they want?” Kai growled.

“They found out Monsta X’s delivery warehouse. They want us to help them destroy it.”

Chanyeol slammed a fist against the wall. “What?” he snarled. “I don’t like Monsta X, but I like those sniveling BAP cowards even less.”

“I would rather pound them until they choke up the info we want, but that’s not how it works,” Luhan admitted.

“We’ll… we’ll have to think about it,” Joonmyeon stated.

Luhan gave him a brief nod. “Could you contact Kris? Exo-M can be on the lookout for any other gangs with that info while we decide on what to do.” He glanced at the door to Areum’s room. “Are visitors allowed?”

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes but nodded and gestured towards the door. Luhan opened it slowly and entered. As soon as the girl saw the boy, a small, relieved smile curved on her lips. “Luhan Hyung!”

Sehun was sitting next to the girl, but when he noticed the new visitor, he stood up abruptly and warningly. Luhan ignored the younger boy and went to Areum’s other side.

“Are you alright?” Areum piped up.

The faintest trace of a smile formed on the boy’s lips. “That’s what I should be asking you,” he said softly. Sehun gazed at the usually-cold boy with wide eyes.

Luhan reached out and smoothed Areum’s bangs on her forehead. “I just came to see if you were doing well. I’m… I’m so glad you’re alive.” Sehun stifled a cough of surprise.

When Luhan walked back to the door to leave, Sehun followed him. The younger boy leaned towards the older. “Are you on drugs?” Sehun hissed.

Luhan gave him his usual scowl. "What?"

Sehun furrowed his brow. "You're being so nice to her."

The doe-eyed boy turned his face away. "Maybe because she changed me."

 


I've missed my readers so much!! I've been so busy... T.T

Please comment on the latest update!!! :)