Biggest Collaboration

World of Shadows

“I’ll stay,” Kai volunteered. The words had popped out of his mouth as soon as Chanyeol told the others about the two gang leaders’ plan.

“I’ll stay, too, then.” Chen raised his hand.

“Will she be safe with just two people?” Chanyeol wondered.

D.O. nodded. “The rest of our gang needs us,” he stated. “This is not one of our simple missions where we foil a delivery or thievery. This is serious – one of us could get killed by a small mistake.”

“Don’t tell Areum,” Chanyeol quickly said. “Just tell her that we’re checking something out under the leaders’ orders.” He turned to Kai. Kai nodded.

“Okay, we trust you two to keep the girl safe,” D.O. said. D.O., Chanyeol, Xiumin, and Lay gathered some items and left the house. It wasn’t even dawn yet.

Chen glanced at Kai. “I’ll go check on her, just in case her nightmares come back,” he told the other boy.

Kai shook his head. “I’ll do it.” His voice was hard. Before Chen could say anything else, the cold boy entered the girl’s room.

Staring at the door, Chen blinked several times. ‘He must really care about her,’ he thought.


“Hyung!” Jungkook of BTS whined. “Why can’t you trust us?”

Joonmyeon stared at the young boy with a sympathetic look. “I’m sorry, but it’s top secret. However, thank you for the weapon deliveries and allowing us to hang out at your hideout until dawn.” Since BTS lived near Busan, their hideout was an ideal place to be before heading straight into the mission.

“It must be really serious if you guys are collaborating with your ex-archrivals,” Namjoon commented. He had heard from Baekhyun about the collaboration between Exo-K and Exo-M.

“They were not our archrivals!” Luhan insisted again. “They were just pests!”

Joonmyeon wisely ignored him. “It is. That’s why I would appreciate it if you stopped asking. But remember, it’s not because we don’t trust BTS.”

“But, Hyung, if it is a big deal, wouldn’t it be best to collaborate with more gangs? We’re obviously willing, and I’m pretty sure Seventeen will be eager if you just ask them. The more support, the more likely the success rate is,” Jimin piped up.

“That’s true,” Baekhyun said.

“You guys are just rookies,” Luhan spat out.

Suga pounded a fist on the table. “Rookies? We’ve successfully foiled every delivery and assassination attempts conducted by gangs like Monsta X, BAP, and Shinee save one. We’re not inexperienced or weak. And to top that, our gang member Taehyung’s known to be one of the top fighters of the Underground World.”

“All the more reason to let us in with your secret mission,” Jimin added. “You guys may be twelve gangsters in total, but the group could surpass thirty easily. Then the mission could be carried out more safely and efficiently. The numbers would be helpful is you guys are facing a big enemy.”

Kris narrowed his eyes. “How close exactly are you with these rookie gangs?” he asked Joonmyeon. Suga was about to lift his voice again about the word “rookie,” but when Kris turned to glare warningly at him with charismatic sharp eyes, he wisely shut his mouth.

“We’re indebted to him,” J-Hope voiced out instead. “So is Seventeen. And we’re really close to NCT 127.”

Nodding slowly, Kris glanced at Namjoon. “Can I have a room so I could speak to Joonmyeon in private?”

The two leaders entered Taehyung and Jungkook’s room. Kris locked the door behind him. Knocking on the door, he let out a satisfied grunt. “It’s soundproof.” He glanced at the other boy. “Just being extra cautious.”

“So you’re thinking about collaborating with those three gangs?” Joonmyeon began.

Kris crossed his arms. “Truthfully, we can’t do it by ourselves. Of course, Exo-M will be able to do much more with Exo-K, but that’s limited too. If those rookie gangs can be trusted a hundred percent, I believe that it’s in our best interests to allow them to take care of the base that is in charge of organ-trafficking.”

“But we don’t even know where that is!”

Looking unusually uncomfortable, Kris sat down on the lower bunk. “I actually have a hint of where it is.” He grimaced. “It’s at one of the factories near Cheongju. That piece of information nearly cost me my life. The source, of course, is a secret.”

Joonmyeon frowned. “Then do you also secretly know the base of the military Beast is creating?”

Kris shook his head. “I swear I don’t know that one yet.”

“So we’re going to just let BTS, Seventeen, and NCT 127 take over that mission?”

Kris nodded. “We don’t have time. Also, we can’t do everything; the illegal drug base is going to be tough. If the other gangs agree to risk their lives in order to help us, I say trust them.”

“But... it’s too dangerous,” Joonmyeon murmured.

Letting out a sigh of exasperation, Kris rolled his eyes. “Do we have a choice? We’ll probably perish if we try to take that mission after this one. Also, do you think that Beast will leave them alone when they realize that they’ve interrupted some of their deliveries to gangs like Monsta X? It’s killing two birds with one stone.”

The Exo-K leader hesitated. “I’ll… I’ll try talking with Namjoon,” he finally said.

“It’s in everyone’s best interests.” With those words, Kris got up, unlocked the door, and left the room.

“This is going to be the biggest collaboration in the history of the Underground World,” Joonmyeon muttered.

 


Thank you, readers, for being so patient!!! ^.^

The story is reaching it's ! Comment!!