Kidnapped

World of Shadows

“Hey, Joonmyeon Hyung says he’s coming today!” Chanyeol cried out as he checked his phone. “And he’s found out something big!”

Areum, who was sitting next to him on the couch, smiled brightly. “Oppa is coming?” Excitement colored her voice.

Chanyeol eyed her sideways. It was obvious that she really loved her supposed brother. He couldn’t help but feel jealous.

Just then, Areum sneezed. “Bless you,” D.O. immediately said.

Kai, who had been observing the girl again, spoke out. “Areum, are you okay? You’ve been sneezing for the last hour. Your eyes are red and your nose is runny, too.” D.O. gaped at the concern in his voice.

“Did you get a cold last night? It was quite chilly for a fall night,” Chanyeol said. He placed a hand on Areum’s forehead. “You might have a fever, too.” He turned to glare at Kai. “You should’ve covered her with a blanket.”

“Sorry,” Kai mumbled.

"No, it's not your fault. We should've covered you two with a blanket when we came back after grocery shopping," D.O. spoke up.

“Let’s get you to a doctor,” Chanyeol decided. He stood up. “I don’t want Hyung after my neck if he finds out his sister caught a cold and a fever while he was gone.” However, his eyes plainly showed how worried he was.

“Let’s bundle you up.” D.O. went to get one of his coats and helped Areum put it on. It was too big for her, but it still kept her warm.

“Kai, you should stay here just in case the rest of the gang comes while we’re gone,” D.O. said. The two boys ushered Areum out of the house.

Kai sighed and placed his head in his hands.


“The doctor told you to swallow one as soon as you get it,” Chanyeol said sternly. He removed a pill from the plastic bag of prescribed medicine and handed Areum a bottle of water. Wrinkling her nose cutely, Areum obeyed. Chanyeol reached a hand to ruffle her hair, but remembering that she didn’t like being petted, he lowered it quickly.

The three were waiting at the bus stop on their way back to the house. The doctor had told them that she would be well in a couple of days if she rested properly. D.O. was planning to make her chicken noodle soup when he got back to his kitchen.

Suddenly, something flew over and hit Chanyeol’s foot. He reached down to pick it up, but a spurt of smoke met his face. Tears began to stream from his eyes and he doubled over, coughing. “A… smoke bomb!” he managed out between coughs.

Despite his warning, the smoke quickly surrounded the three. D.O. reached over and grabbed Areum’s wrist. He stood up, but stumbled. At that moment, he lost his grip on Areum.

A strong hand grabbed Areum’s arm and pulled her out of the smoke. She coughed and rubbed her red eyes. Looking up with blurry eyes, she could see the outline of a tall boy. Squinting, she could see a black handkerchief covering where his nose and mouth were. Above the handkerchief was a pair of huge, familiar eyes.

“I got her!” the boy snarled. He shoved Areum into the backseat of the waiting car. He slammed the door closed before she lost conscious. Then the boy opened the door of the front passenger’s seat. Another boy was inside, in the driver’s seat.

Chanyeol stumbled out of the smoke, his eyes watering. “Luhan!” he gasped as he recognized the boy wearing the black handkerchief.

Luhan smirked. “Tell your leader I send my condolences.” He threw a piece of folded white paper at Chanyeol’s face and jumped into the car. The car roared away before Luhan even closed the door behind him.

Chanyeol’s mind was still fuzzy from the smoke. “Areum!” he yelled. Pain and frustration laced up his chest, as if it had been his own sister who had been taken by Exo-M.


In order to save time, D.O. had called a cab while Chanyeol called Kai in advance. Inside the cab, Chanyeol’s hands were trembling in fear and anger. In one of his fists, the note Luhan had left was crumbled into a ball. A ring from his phone snapped him back into action. He pulled out his iPhone in a blink of an eye.

“Yes?” he said sharply.

“Hyung, Joonmyeon Hyung’s back.” It was Kai’s voice. “I told him that Areum was gone.” Even the cold boy’s voice was shaking.

In the background, Chanyeol could hear Joonmyeon’s voice boom, “Where is she? What are you saying happened to my little sister?” Chanyeol had an extremely pained expression on his face, as if a dagger had stabbed his heart. He knew exactly how Joonmyeon was feeling right then.

 


I really hope you guys are enjoying my story. How is it? Comment!!!

Also, if it's interesting, please subscribe!! :)