Success

World of Shadows

“Chen,” Areum called out. The boy looked up from washing dishes. They had successfully made a pizza, although it didn’t taste half as good as D.O.’s.

“Could you teach me how to fight?” Areum asked.

Chen’s jaw dropped. He nearly dropped a dish.

“I know that I can’t become a master overnight. I just want to be able to defend myself at least a little,” she explained. “I’d do anything to lessen Hyungs’ burden.”

The boy finished washing the dish and dried his hands with the kitchen towel. “I don’t know. You know, Areum, we are capable enough to protect you.”

Areum sighed. “I feel helpless. Could I at least know the basics? I don’t want to be like a doll all the time, with people having to rescue or take care of me.”

Eyes softening, Chen nodded assent. “Fine. I can teach you a few moves.”


Chanyeol and Luhan turned a corner only to face five men with knives. They skidded to a halt. Chanyeol shot one of the men in the chest with his last ammo.

“Why are there so many?” Luhan hissed right before he attacked the closest man.

“Behind you!” Chanyeol cried out. Luhan ducked as another man aimed a punch at him from behind. Two other men surrounded Chanyeol, preventing him from reaching his comrade.

‘These people really are trained fighters,’ Chanyeol thought as a bead of sweat rolled down his neck.

As one of the two men grabbed his attention with a flurry of expertise moves, the other managed to throw in a successful punch to his stomach. Chanyeol doubled over at the strength behind the hit. It had hit his diaphragm. His vision darkened, and he struggled to breathe.

Before one of the men could remove a knife from their belts, a series of karate chops sent them toppling to the floor. Heaving in order to get air into his lungs, Chanyeol looked up. To his utter shock, Jungkook was staring straight at him. Behind him, Luhan and Suga were fighting back-to-back with the other two guards.

“We knew you’d need our help. Anyways, there were only ten of you against some of Beast’s best fighters. We came directly after finding their organ-trafficking factory,” Jungkook explained. His hair was drenched in sweat and plastered to his forehead – it was obvious that he’d been running.

“Thanks. I could’ve been a goner,” Chanyeol wheezed. When he stumbled forward, Jungkook quickly threw his arm under him.

“Take it easy, Hyung. That was one nasty punch.”

“Who else came?” Chanyeol whispered.

Jungkook thought for a second. “Other than BTS? Some of Seventeen. We told NCT 127 to stay and check out the surroundings of the second base.”

“Tell everyone that we have to get out of here. The bomb explodes in approximately four minutes.”

“A bomb?” Jungkook’s eyes widened. “You should’ve told me earlier, Hyung!” He seemed frightened.

“How else to destroy a base?” Chanyeol retorted. When Luhan and Suga finished the two men, he grabbed Luhan’s arm. “We need to get out of here!” he hissed.

“I’ll alert the others!” Jungkook cried out. He dashed into the hallway.

“I hope those kids don’t get hurt,” Chanyeol mumbled as Suga followed the BTS maknae.


“Jump!” Joonmyeon roared. He shoved Kris out of the broken window. Then he jumped himself.

“Run!” Pushing a tired Kris in front of him to urge him to go faster, Joonmyeon began running. Just as the two reached Chanyeol, who was frantically waving to them, the building behind them exploded.

“Contact everyone!” Joonmyeon panted. “Are they safe?”

Chanyeol was gaping at the bleeding wound in Kris’s shoulder. “Oh, a-alright.” He whipped out his iPhone.

“I’ll have to head back first with Kris Hyung,” Joonmyeon stated. Guiding the other leader, he started towards the city.


“Now we’re the ones indebted to you guys,” Joonmyeon muttered as he washed Kris’s wound.

Namjoon shook his head. “We’re a team. Beast is also a threat to us, anyways.” He turned to his gang. “Anyone hurt?”

Jungkook shook his head. “Taehyung Hyung was a little late in getting out and managed to get a burn on his back, but it isn’t fatal. Suga Hyung’s treating it now.”

“How about Exo-K and Exo-M?” Joonmyeon called out.

“Everyone’s alive. We’re thankful for that. Thanks, BTS and Seventeen,” Chanyeol said. Next to him, Luhan was treating a knife wound while Lay was applying salve to his numerous cuts from broken glass during his entrance through the windows. The Exo-K member who was the most hurt was Baekhyun, who had a black eye and nasty bruises on his ribs.

“It’s fine. You guys are our Hyungs,” Joshua of Seventeen spoke out.

Jungkook opened his mouth. “We’re going back to the factory first thing in the morning. Exo-K and Exo-M Hyungs have no need to follow us; we’re capable enough. Go rest and check on Joonmyeon Hyung’s sister. We barely fought since you guys took out most of the men there.”

“Thanks a lot,” Joonmyeon murmured. Finished cleaning Kris’s wound, he picked up a pair of long tweezers.

“You guys are not simply rookie gangs,” Kris admitted. He winced when Joonmyeon dug the bullet out. Chanyeol was staring at him wide-eyed, impressed that he didn’t even let out a groan. “You are pretty capable people.”

 


Hey, readers!! How is this chapter? Comment! ^.^

Sit tight and get ready for the next chapter!! It's quite shocking...