Neptune

Rarities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    06. Neptune  

The entrance of the hospital looked like a village of its own. It had mostly to do with the mass of people each with their own concerns. Some were students like Chen, some were doctors, but mostly they were just people. Chen watched them come and go before opening his book and finding words that gave him comfort. Today had been a tough day.

He did this often, before or after a work day, he would find himself sitting on one of the chairs near the entrance. This time he almost had no time to think about his actual life. It made him feel detached from everyone around him. Here he was, a normal person, reading a book, being part of a crowd. He resonated with his environment.

Chen's eyes felt heavy. He was finally back on a normal sleep schedule, but the adjusting took much of his good mood. At least he could bend his finger again. I've got that going for me. It still felt weird for him to use the finger, it was still quite sensitive. The doctor had said it could take a week for it to get back to normal.

 

It was almost incredible for it to get so cold in such a short amount of time. Chen tried to wear as many layers a person could handle. He walked all the way to Minseok's dorm feeling like he would freeze if he slowed down a bit. By the time he got there, someone had already opened the door. Chen recognized it was his dorm mate.

"Hey there! I remember you. It's Chen, right? You were at the videogame store. Come inside, it's freezing."

"Eh, yeah." His heart raced. But if talking to him would get him out of the cold he could damn well try.

"Here's the thing... I found this jacket there and I think it belongs to you. I thought about giving it to Minseok, but totally forgot. Follow me upstairs, I'll hand it to you before I leave."

"Thanks," Chen finally managed to say when he was reunited with a jacket he had completely forgotten about.

"No problem. Minseok's room is next to mine. Right there. Okay, I need to go. See you! I'm Baekhyun, by the way."

Chen was left standing in the hallway, looking flustered. It took him a while to finally turn towards Minseok's door. A soft knock was all it took for it to open. Minseok seemed anxious. "Oh, you're here already?"

"Baekhyun let me in. Am I early? I thought you were okay with being early." Chen had to grin at that. When Minseok had been early to his dorm the first time, he must have felt the same way.

"No, no. I think I managed to clean everything. Come inside, come inside."

Chen had expected Minseok room to be quite something, but this was quite something. It was bigger than Chen's. He had a larger bed, completely covered with multiple colorful blankets. There were text books scattered across his desk together with some other clutter.

His walls were covered with pictures of various constellations and its stars. Around them, taped the the wall, were lights of various colors and shapes.

The only planet Chen recognized was Neptune. It's bright blue color was a stark contrast with the dark void it existed in. He stared at Neptune longer than Chen realized and had to remind himself it was a poster,  not the actual planet he was looking at.

Minseok cheeks were a dark red as his eyes rushed from one place to another, double checking whether everything was neat. Or at least Minseok's definition of neat. Chen had to chuckle at that.

"I like you room." he said. "It's very... you."

"Me?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter