Vulpecula

Rarities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      03. Vulpecula

 

 

"You're really early." Chen formed the words, but Minseok was standing inside his dorm room before he finished talking. "I thought you said nine? It's eight."

"Oh, yeah, well... We can hang out for a while. I was bored and I'd rather be early than late."

Chen nodded to that and closed the door. He felt embarrassed about his room and its state. His walls were empty where other people put pictures of god knows what on it. His bookshelf was full, so he had to stack other books next, on top and underneath it. His desk was a mess, but not as big of a mess as his bed. There were pillows everywhere, the bed was not made. "Just don't mind the mess."

"Mess? Your room seems fine. You should visit mine one day. It's like maybe a bit extreme. I should clean more."

Chen took a seat on his bed after hastily tidying it while Minseok sank down on his couch. "No roommate?"

"I like it better this way."

"I brought drinks," Minseok said and pointed at his backpack. "Not to get drunk right now, but to take the edge of you know the.."

"I get it," Chen laughed. "Fine, I'll get some glasses."

 

Minseok had come all the way on his bike. He was holding his next to him as they were walking to the game store. He had said, as they had been drinking some shots, that he hated being on a bike. Chen had tried asking why he had brought it with him, but Minseok at the time was more interested in Chen's video game collection.

Chen did not have a bike in the first place. He did not really visit any other place than school and the grocery store. Even the bookstore was a ten minute walk away. Ten minutes of tedious walking, but he got cheap novels in return.

When they got to the gaming store, Minseok ended his ramblings about some things he saw on the news and opened the door. There were about forty people present, all scattered around the store. Most were seated in circles, others stayed in smaller gatherings of two or three. Chen did not feel comfortable, but the small bit of alcohol in his system gave him that extra push not to immediately walk away.

"Hey!" A guy that was originally seated at the back walked towards us. Chen felt his knees shake, but quickly realized he was probably shouting at Minseok.

They were dorm mates. He got introduced and they quickly joined a smaller group. They talked about video games, a field Chen knew lots of things about. He had decided to stay quiet and listen, drinking more as the evening went on.

Minseok was good at talking. People seemed to like him. He was the type of person to blend in instantly and gained energy the more connections he made. Chen felt like he was draining and decided to stay one more hour. He barely said a thing. Minseok probably would not mind if he left without him. He seemed to be making new friends. It pleased Chen to see him smile like that.

There was something peculiar about Minseok. Something underneath that surface which seemed unreachable, but definitely there. Chen wished he could reach for it, his fingers tingled. He was well aware it was the alcohol, though.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter