Orion

Rarities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      05. Orion    

"Oh my god," Minseok's voice turned hoarse for a second. His eyes were fixed on the screen, his good hand grasping the thick purple blanket. The light danced around his face, illuminating his skin in a way Chen had never seen before. He was aware his eyes drifted toward him from time to time, but he had been watching longer than he realized.

They were supposed to watch a different movie, but after Minseok saw one of Chen's movies and said he never saw Interstellar before, Chen nearly lost it. It was his personal job to make people aware of this piece of art. Minseok had agreed to watch it immediately.

"You think this is the best movie ever made?" He had said before Chen had his television.

"It could be. For now it is."

"That's more than enough. If this is what you consider a masterpiece, I want to see it with my own eyes."

Before Chen had pressed play, Minseok whispered something he could barely hear. "So this is the last moment of my life in which I've not seen this movie before. The last."

To Chen, Interstellar was about space. Obviously. It was about the vastness of space, about what lies beyond even our own imagination. The movie portrayed theories, ideas and dimensions his head could not fully grasp. Chen had tried many times before, but failed miserably. He had been entranced by the music, the visuals and the actors. It contained everything that defines humanity, the good and the bad. He had never seen a movie that had ignited a flame in his heart.

The first time he had seen it, a part of him knew that everything was going to be alright. His problems were limited, time was not. There would be a part in his life where all his issues would be gone, whether it was after his death, it did not matter. He was just a part, a cog in a colossal machine. It had both inspired and demotivated him at the same time. It was a hard feeling to describe.

In hindsight, the movie had been a completely different experience for Minseok. Chen had not realized at the time.

Chen, like Minseok, was also fighting away tears in his eyes. Not only because of the movie. He was still looking the person sitting next to him. His face was a mixture of raw emotion. Chen wished he could paint it. There was an itch in his fingers to get up at do it. For now, he made a mental picture of what was in front of him and closed his eyes. They felt moist.

More or less, Chen felt emotional, because this was the first time anyone wanted to do something he was interested in. Before, he pretended to be someone else and conformed to their ways. Minseok had openly asked to watch his favorite movie and they were actually doing it. There was a raw loneliness inside Chen's chest that never seemed to go away, no matter how many people surrounded him. He had tried, but it never did. He had a hard time believing he had forgotten about that with Minseok sitting next to him.

The movie was over. It had been for a while. Minseok just stared at the credits and rubbed his eyes. The corner of his lip trembled slightly. He had not spoken a word during the movie, other than the occasional 'wow' and 'oh my god'.

Minseok covered himself better with the blanket, which he had mostly kept for himself. "This is your favorite movie of all time?"

"You didn't like it." Chen said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter