[6] Don't Get Hurt (Or I'll Be Upset)

MiMo Oneshot Collection

Mina made a mistake during ISAC and feels terrible about it.

Wordcount: 2701


"Minari!" The members called and ran over as they saw Mina entering the stadium once again. Crowding around her, they continuously showered her with compliments, as Momo just looked on with a smile, proud of her girlfriend.

 

"Momoring, which is nicer? This or this?" Mina asked, browsing through the catalogue and pointing to the respective designs. Since it was a solo item, her stylist had given her the liberty to choose her own outfit. While she was thankful for it, it was also quite troublesome since she was extremely indecisive.

Upon hearing her name, Momo walked over and wrapped her arms around Mina's shoulders from the back, putting her head on Mina's as she looked at the options Mina had narrowed down to. "You'll look beautiful either way, Mina."

Mina blushed a little before hitting Momo lightly for making such a cheesy comment. "I'm serious, Momo."

"And I'm serious too. With such a pretty face and body, what can you not pull off?" Momo leaned down further to plant a kiss on Mina's cheek, making Mina blush even further.

"You're not helping, Momo."

"Okay, okay. How about this?" Momo said, pointing to one of it. "I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in it."

"Okay, I'll let stylist unnie know tomorrow then." Mina closed the book, before finally standing up so she could turn and wrap her arms around the other girl. "Thank you."

"Do I get something for that?" Momo grinned.

Mina was about to lean forward when they heard someone clear their throat. "Ahem. Get a room, you two."

The members had long already known that the two were together.

"Ah, Minatozaki Sana! You ruined it!" Momo whined, clearly upset that their fellow Japanese member just interrupted the rare kisses that her girlfriend gave.

Shaking her head with a slight smile on her face, Mina just walked towards Momo's room (since Jeongyeon was not at home), not forgetting to drag a whiny rambling Momo with her.

"I almost got it! I worked so hard for it! Stupid Sana. I hate you! Wait, Minari, are you still going to give me one? You are, right?"

For those interested, Momo never really shut up until Mina manually did it by placing her lips over the others'. That was when the door was shut behind them, of course.

 

As Mina finished her routine for the rehearsal, loud cheers and applauses could be heard from all directions of the stadium.

"I told you, everyone's eyes were on you. Stunning, as always," Momo commented, making Mina hit her in embarrassment again. Most of the other members were quite a distance away, chatting with other idols. "You did great, I'm so proud of you."

"It's just the rehearsal."

"It's the rehearsal and you're doing so well already." Momo linked her arms with Mina's and leaned her head on the girl's shoulder. Mina just shook her head, though she was actually pleased with what the older girl had said. She was really thankful for Momo, the girl was always there to give her comfort and confidence when she needed it.

"Those who are participating in Rhythmic Gymnastics, please gather." 

"I gotta go," Mina said after hearing the announcement. She was about to walk away but Momo held her back by the wrist.

"Minari~ Don't be too nervous, okay? You'll do well." Momo pulled the younger girl into a hug, to which the younger girl returned gladly.

 

 

***

 

 

Mina's performance ended safely, though not perfectly. She had made a couple of mistakes, but as long as she did not get hurt, nothing else mattered. The members all walked towards her, ready to compliment her, including Sana and Momo who went a little further away in order to get a better view. However, Mina suddenly burst out in tears, unable to keep her emotions in anymore, making the eight of them panic.

Jeongyeon, being the one who usually reacts the fastest, quickly grabbed tissue and ran towards the crying girl. She pulled the girl into a hug and used the tissue to wipe her tears. Jeongyeon herself was tearing up too. The other members quickly gathered, some of them crying as well. 

Since they were further away, Momo and Sana could only see the members running to Mina, but that action itself got them a little worried. They, too, quickened their pace.

When they arrived, the members were already crowding around the crying girl, and both of them struggled to make their away to the girl's side as well. However, just the sight of their beloved youngest of the J-trinity crying made tears well up in their eyes too. They knew just how hard Mina worked for this, and could only imagine how disappointed Mina must have felt for making a mistake.

 

"Minari~!" Momo got up from the sofa and ran towards the door the very moment she heard the door opening, knowing that her girlfriend finally came back. Once Mina took of her shoes, Momo ran straight to her and wrapped her arms around the girl. "You're back!"

"Yes, I am," Mina replied, enjoying the warmth that Momo gave for a moment, before deciding that she was too sweaty to remain in that position. "Ah I'm sticky, Momo. You can do this after I bathe."

"Okay." Momo let go, her lack of will in doing so evident from the pout on her face. Mina looked past Momo and saw that the other members were not around, probably already sleeping in their respective rooms, so she leaned in for a quick peck on Momo's lips.

"Don't be sad, okay? You can hug me all you want later."

***

"Mina!" The moment Mina stepped out of the bathroom, Momo ran to her like a kid again. Tzuyu was right, Momo seemed like a koala too, and her favourite branch is a walking one named Myoui Mina. This time, Mina did not stop her, she was already used to it and she, too, missed the older girl.

With much difficulty, Mina settled down on the sofa, with Momo still clingling onto her. It actually looked rather uncomfortable, but the older girl just continued leaning onto Mina and hugging her tight.

"Yah, aren't you going to let go?" Mina spoke in their native language. She did so from time to time, so they could get rid of all formalities and just spend time together.

"No, I like it like that." Momo adjusted herself a little and tightened her grip on Mina again. "How was your practice?"

"Tiring, as always. But I think I made some improvements today." Momo could almost literally hear the delight in Mina's voice.

"Really? That's great, Mina, I'm so proud of you." 

Momo started to play with Mina's arm, just entertaining herself as she enjoyed the time spent with the younger girl, when she noticed a mark on her arm. "Mina, did you hurt yourself?"

Mina shifted her arm away as quickly as possible, knowing that Momo did not like it whenever she injured herself. "It's nothing big, just a small scratch."

Getting off Mina, Momo grabbed Mina's hand, against her will, and inspected the mark she had just noticed. "It's not just a scratch, Mina. You're hurt, let me tend to you."

Mina watched as Momo disappeared and soon came back with the first aid kit.

"Sit up."

With Mina obeying her instructions, Momo swiftly got started on cleansing the wound. It was not actually anything big, but nonetheless still a wound and it pained Momo to see even just one on her beloved girlfriend.

Momo carefully did the required steps - simple stuff she had learnt, not forgetting to nag at Mina at the same time. "Minari, I told you not to get hurt right? I also told you that if you do, you have to tell me so I can help you right? How can you not tell me something like this? Did you forget everything I said?"

Finishing on the one she had first noticed, Momo looked around in case there were more. To her dismay, there were a few more around Mina's arms and legs. "Why didn't you tell me you had all these? They look small and harmless, but if you don't take care of it, they might leave a mark.."

"I'm sorry, Momoring." Mina knew Momo was upset, she could even hear it in her voice. In truth, she just did not want Momo to get worried.

"No, it's okay." Momo replied, her tone unintentionally a little cold since she was just focused on taking care of the wounds.

When she was done with everything, Momo put the kit aside and sat next to Mina, who had her head hung low. She looked like a small child who had done something wrong and was preparing herself to get reprimanded by her parents.

Momo gently placed her arms around Mina, treating her like she was the most fragile piece of glass on earth. "Minari~ You know I'm not scolding you, right? I just don't like to see you hurt, and I'm a little disappointed that you didn't want to tell me. I'm not angry, see? I'm not."

Mina looked over to see her favourite peach smiling widely at her, in an exaggerated manner if you may say, and could not help but smile as well.

"I love you so much." She knew Momo was always looking out for her.

"Mmm, I love you too."

 

Their fellow Japanese member, Sana, also came to know about the wounds she had gotten from practices when she walked out of her room one day, wanting to get a cup of water, only to overhear the conversation of the couple who were on the couch.

 

"Did you get injured today?" As usual, Momo was cuddled up against Mina again.

"No.."

"Minari, you know that I don't like it when you lie to me right? Even if it's for me not to get worried.." Momo pressed, because she knew Mina so well, too well.

"Erm.. A little.."

That night, Momo helped to tend to all of Mina's wounds and bruises again.

And soon, it became a routine whenever Mina went to practice. As much as she did not like it, Momo had come to accept that like dancing, rhythmic gymnastics was one to easily get the participant injured too. She was just glad that Mina did not hide it from her anymore.

 

Of course, as the number of bruises increased and appeared at more obvious places, the other members also knew about it too. The thought of their fellow member getting hurt did not sit well with them, but there was nothing else they could do.

Upon realising that Sana and Momo were there, the members moved aside to let them be by Mina's side. They were all close, but it was undoubted that since the trainee days the two of them were the closest to Mina. They were even the ones who settled Mina's first birthday abroad, making her feel loved, and not so lonely.

Seeing a crying penguin in front of her, Momo clung onto her from the back, whining as she tried to cheer her up. "Minari~"

Momo's heart hurt even more as she watched Mina wipe her tears away, turn back to smile at their fans, only to look to the front again with tears falling down her cheeks. Momo tightened her embrace around Mina as they made their way to their waiting room with the other members.

 

 

***

 

 

After some time, the members left the couple alone again. Some of the members had to leave to prepare for the next event, while the others just thought it'll be good to give them some time alone so Momo could cheer Mina up. Mina's tears had already stopped, but she was still feeling under the weather.

"Let's sit on the sofa there, Minari." They walked over, hand in hand, and it was then that Momo noticed Mina limping.

"Mina, did you hurt yourself during the event just now?" Momo was sure that Mina was fine before that.

"Ah, I was just careless and-" Before she could finish her sentence, Momo quickly guided Mina to sit down, before getting down to massage Mina's legs. 

"Why are you so careless? Aigoo, you're always getting me worried." Momo nagged softly, careful not to make Mina think that she was angry again. The last thing she wanted to do was to make Mina feel worse. "You know, Mina, as much as I will always take care of you, you need to learn to be more careful too."

Mina kept quiet as Momo massaged her leg and talked. She felt her heart melt at how loving and caring Momo was.

"Is it better now?" Momo looked up as she asked, making their eyes meet. The concern Mina saw in Momo's eyes sent a familiar sense of warmth in her.

With Mina's nod, Momo stood up and took a seat next to her instead. She hooked her arm with Mina's and leaned on her shoulder.

"Minari, you were amazing just now. I know you think it could've been better and that you're disappointed by it, but it was still really good and I think it still reflected your hardwork! I could see your effort being reflected in your movements, Mina, for that few minutes I even thought you were a professional!"

"Liar."

Momo shifted and gave Mina a hurt look jokingly, before enveloping Mina into her arms from the side. "You know I don't ever lie to you Mina. I know you don't think so because it wasn't perfect, but Mina, not everything you do has to be perfect. You can't always do things perfectly, especially not when you yourself are so perfect already."

This time, Mina did not rebut back. Momo's words left her too flustered to do so and she was busy blushing and looking away.

"Eyyy~ Someone's embarrassed." Momo leaned to kiss Mina on the cheek.

"Stop it, we're in public." Mina mumbled softly.

"There's no one else here! Besides, you like it, don't you?" Momo pecked her on the cheek again.

"Ah~ Momoring~" Mina whined and tried to push her away, though the smile on her face said otherwise.

"Aha! You finally smiled!" Momo gave a proud smile, while Mina gave a shy one back. "Alright, you should go and change because Jihyo and Chaeyoung's event is starting soon!"

Mina nodded and stood up. She pulled Momo into a hug and gave her a quick peck on the lips before grabbing her clothes to change into. "Thanks Momoring! I love you."

When Mina was at the door and turned around to close it, Momo was still standing there like a fool, her hands touching her lips in disbelief. The older girl was actually very shocked because her girlfriend, Myoui Mina, was never one to be affectionate in public. A kiss from her was rare, and a kiss from her in public was almost non-existent. Almost because it just happened. Mina just chuckled as she shut the door.

 

 

***

 

 

When Mina came back, Momo was no longer in her stunned position. She was seated on the sofa waiting patiently, but as soon as she heard the door open she turned her head. Seeing that it was indeed Mina, she got up and ran to the girl excitedly again. 

"Minari!" Momo hugged the younger girl tightly, behaving as if she had not seen Mina in months.

"Let's go out, else we will miss the event."

"Okay!" Momo replied excitedly, but did not let go of Mina.

"Momo, it's hard to walk like that."

"I don't care. Minari's happy and so Momo is happy and when I'm happy, I want to hug Minari."

Mina could only laugh at Momo's random use of third person. She shook her head at Momo's child-like behaviour, despite being older. "Okay, let's go then."

Both of them walked back out to the stadium, with Mina wrapped in Momo's arms. Mina had her classic gummy smile on her face, while Momo was smiling like an innocent child who had just gotten her favourite candy. Well, Momo would never trade a happy Mina for anything, or anyone, else.

 


A/N: My heart broke hearing news of Mina crying and the rest of the members crying with her ㅠㅠ