[9] Acrophobia

MiMo Oneshot Collection

Tinkerbell Momo is scared of heights.

Wordcount: 810 words

 


"Let's do our best to film, okay? Come, let's do the cheer."

All of them put their hands within the circle that they formed, ready to do their standard cheer. "TWICE, TWICE, Let's do well!"

With that, the filming started with Jihyo, and everyone else went to do their respective things while they waited for their turn. Mina walked over to the couch, ready to just rest there and use her phone like she always did, when she noticed that a certain member had gone to a corner and was pacing around, talking to herself. Seeing the distressed look on her face, Mina could not help but walk over.

"What are you doing, Momo unnie? Are you okay?" Mina asked with a smile on her face, hoping to calm the member down a little.

Momo returned Mina's smile with a nervous grin. "Ah, Mina, I..."

Mina looked at Momo's expression, and it suddenly hit her as to why the girl seemed so uneasy. Swiftly but gently, she pulled the girl into a hug. "It's okay, it's going to be okay."

Mina could not tell the girl to not be scared, because if it was her, she would feel afraid too. They had always been the "pair who hated and were scared of roller coaster rides", but their reasons were different. Mina just disliked it, but Momo was scared of heights.

"I hope so," Momo replied, her hands naturally wrapping around Mina. Mina's scent seemed to calm her a little.

"I believe you can do it, my Momoring is brave," Mina gave her usual gummy smile, which made Momo's heart flutter. 

"Brave? You sure you're talking about me?" Momo chuckled, it was the first time someone had used that word to describe her. Afterall, it was not the word you would use to describe someone who is scared of rides and gets frightened by fireworks, right?

"Yeah, brave. Don't you know what brave is? It's a word used to describe someone who is willing to do things that are difficult, dangerous, or even painful, and is not afraid of it. I think it's the perfect word to describe you, though the word 'perfect' does the job pretty well too."

"Tch, what a sweet talker." Momo looked away, wanting to hide her face from Mina because she was blushing really, really hard.

"Hey, but you like it. Plus, it's the truth," Mina defended. "Look, you're blushing!"

Mina tried to pinch Momo's cheeks because a Momo who is as red as a tomato is probably one of the most adorable things on earth, but her hand was hit away by the girl's (jokingly, of course).

"Stop it." Well, the words did come out, but Momo was unable to hide the smile that naturally crept up on her face.

In the midst of joking around, it was Momo's turn. "Momo-sshi, please get ready!"

Unwillingly, the two let go of each other. 

"Momoring, fighting!" Mina smiled again, making Momo smile back at her too. However, despite how relaxed Mina seemed, she was actually getting rather worried.

She watched from afar as the staff hung the wires and cables on Momo. She just hoped nothing would happen, nothing meaning nothing unfortunate, and nothing also meaning Momo not having a panic attack.

Before she managed to get herself ready, Momo had already started 'flying' in the air. It was something that would have fascinated Mina, if not for the fact that Momo, her Momo, was the one on it. 

She started out nervous, but as she watched Momo's actions and expressions, she found herself relaxing bit by bit. Momo was doing great, and in fact she was sure the music video would come out great too. Or at the very least, Momo's part.

Right at that very moment that Momo got all the cables unclipped, she thanked the staff and ran to Mina who had her arms wide open. She ran straight into Mina's arms, and Mina embraced her firmly.

"You did great! I told you it'll be okay."

"It was quite fun, though I wouldn't want to do it again." Momo laughed, and Mina could hear how genuine it was this time.

"I didn't say it just now, but you look really pretty in this tinkerbell outfit. Well, I mean, you're gorgeous everyday. But yeah. And your actions were adorable up there too."

Momo looked at her and laughed foolishly. Oh how Mina loved the sound of Momo's laughter. 

And staring into the girl's eyes for a few more seconds made Mina realise that she was worrying for nothing. Why was she even worried? It was her Momo after all. Her Momo who could do anything.

"I'm proud of you." Those were the words she managed to get out of whilst still being in sanity, before she got lost in those beautiful orbs again.

 


A/N: Just a sudden idea that came to me while I was scrolling Twitter (even though I should be studying, lol). Also dedicating this story to my friend out there whose birthday is tomorrow, you know who you are ;)

Shorter than my usual stories but I hope it's equally enjoyable (if not more).

See you guys again soon!