[5] Jealousy

MiMo Oneshot Collection

Momo gets jealous and starts to act up.

Wordcount: 1745

 


After a long hectic day, their schedules finally ended and TWICE was more than excited to go home. With the end of Cheer Up promotions, the girls did not have to travel everywhere for fansigns or performances, but they still had schedules such as filming for Seasons' Greetings.

The nine of them boarded their vans quickly, wanting to arrive back at the dormitory as soon as possible. Since they were a big group, they had to split themselves into two groups everytime they travelled from one place to another. Usually all of them would be fine with any grouping, but that was not the case for Momo today. Much to Momo's dismay, the way they split for their journey home was Jeongyeon, Mina, Sana together with Momo, while the rest in the other.

Why was Momo unhappy when her girlfriend was in the same van as her? Well, they quarrelled last night, and brought their fight over today. It really did not help that the reason of their argument was also in the van with them.

Momo went in the van first, and chose the back seat. She loved sitting at the back, being at the side meant that she could rest and avoid some interaction. She was an introvert after all, one that needed a lot of alone moments to recharge herself.

Sana, her fellow Japanese member, was the next to enter. The members knew that Momo and Mina were in a relationship, so they always let them sit together in the van. Since they were idols, they did not have a lot of chances to spend time together anyways. Just as Sana was about to sit in the middle row, Momo called out to her. "Sana, could you sit with me today?"

Sana gave her a confused look, but agreed anyway. She was aware that Momo had been behaving a little oddly throughout the entire day, but it was only then that it occurred to her that Mina was the reason why Momo was being like that.

When Mina entered, she was a little surprised to see Sana at the seat that was supposed to be hers. She gave a look to Sana, who had an innocent look on her face while mouthing to her that it was Momo's request. The younger girl sighed and just sat in the middle row. She did not know what to feel - she was annoyed because Momo had been really childish and unreasonable for the past day or two, yet she missed the girl so badly.

 

 

***

 

 

The four of them could not have been any happier than when they arrived at their dormitory. Unlike the other van in which there was chattering all the way back, the atmosphere in this van was an extremely tense one. No one dared to say anything.

Once they entered the dormitory, Momo headed straight to her room and slammed the door shut. She did not lock it since it was a shared room, but her actions were loud enough a signal to show that the members should leave her alone. The other members sighed, it was the same situation the day before as well.

"Mina, could I talk to you for a bit in our room?" Sana decided that she could not let it be. As their best friend, she had to do something.

Following Sana into their room and closing the door behind her, Mina sat down next to Sana.

"Mina, what happened between you and Momo?"

With a sigh, Mina began telling the story.

 

 

Mina knocked on the door before entering. While everyone else had gone to bed, Mina decided to talk to the girl who had been locking herself up in the room for the past few hours. Even Jeongyeon had to squeeze with Nayeon since she did not dare to enter the room to sleep.

"Momo?"

The girl was using her phone prior to Mina entering. Upon hearing Mina call her, Momo put her phone aside and turned away, wrapping herself up with her blanket. Her action got Mina really confused and hurt, Momo never turned her back to her.

Nonetheless, Mina walked over. Her girlfriend was not feeling alright and it was her responsibility to turn that frown into a smile. "Momo, what's wrong?"

There was no reply. Momo had her eyes closed, but Mina was sure that the girl was not asleep. Momo could never fall asleep with the lights on.

"Momo, don't just keep it to yourself. Share your thoughts with me."

Still no reply.

"Don't do this, Momo. You're getting me worried."

"Worried? All you care about is Jeongyeon." Momo spat.

Mina was glad to receive a reply despite it being delivered in such a negative tone. At least now she had a rough idea of what was going on in the older girl's head.

"Is that what all this is about? Momo, I thought we discussed this, we said that we'd both answer Jeongyeon to that question to avoid appearing suspicious."

"I know, but we did not agree to mention Jeongyeon for every other damn question too! If you like her that much, why not just go date her then?" Momo's eyes were now open, though she still stared at the wall and refused to look at the other girl.

"Don't be unreasonable, Momo, I was just answering the questions."

"Unreasonable? Now you call me unreasonable! Those were not just answers, Mina, those were your true thoughts! Your mind is just so full of Jeongyeon!" Momo replied in an agitated manner.

"Why are you being so childish right now? It was just an interview!" Mina was losing it as well.

"Childish?" Momo scoffed. "First unreasonable, then childish. I get it, Myoui Mina, so that's how you see me. Get out of my room now."

"Momo-"

"NOW!"

Mina did as she was told. She knew nothing good would come out of it if she had stayed anyway, they were both in a bad mood and only mean words came out when one was angry.

 

 

Mina sighed as she finished her story. She felt frustrated at the entire situation. 

"I tried to patch things up with her today, but she just kept acting up."

Sana kept quiet, signalling Mina to elaborate.

"I tried to talk to her, but all she replied was "Go find your Jeongyeon!". Then when I actually did talk to Jeongyeon because I needed to ask her something, I received a text from her. It went along the message of "Yeah, go on, just talk to Jeongyeon". I ended up fighting with her through text messages the entire day! I don't get why she's dwelling on it so much, it was just an interview! Why's she overreacting over it?"

Sana patted Mina's back in attempts to calm her down. "Mina, you've got to go talk to her."

"She's the one who doesn't want to talk to me!"

"I know, Mina, I know. But that's just on the outside. I'm sure she's actually hoping that you'll enter her room to talk to her again."

"She's the one who's being immature, why should I be the one apologising?"

"Mina," Sana called. "Momo's just jealous. We all know she doesn't think highly of herself, surely she's just afraid of losing you. And that just goes to show how much she loves you."

Sana placed her hands over the younger girl's. "Besides, sometimes it's not about who's the one at fault. She's feeling insecure, so you should go over and reassure her. Once she feels better of herself, she'll probably be able to think more rationally and realise that she shouldn't have been like that. So go talk to her, hmm?

 

 

***

 

 

Mina found herself in front of the same door, once again doing the exactly same thing as yesterday. She made a decision to be more level-headed today, regardless of the reply Momo was going to give her.

"Momo?"

This time, Momo already had her back facing the door before she came in. Mina would have believed that the girl was asleep if not for the reply she received.

"I'm not in the mood, Mina."

"We've got to sort things out. That frown has been on your face the entire day and it doesnt suit you at all. Sure, you look pretty either way, but you're more beautiful when you smile, Momo."

Momo kept quiet, but Mina knew she was listening.

"Momo, I'm sorry for mentioning Jeongyeon so much during the interview, and I'm sorry for calling you unreasonable and childish too. I said those only because I was angry and I wasn't thinking properly. Momo, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncertain. You've always been a sensitive person and I should have taken your feelings into consideration more."

Mina walked over and sat at the edge of Momo's bed. "I truly love you, Momo, so much that I don't think I could ever express to you because no word nor action can fully encompass how much I love you. You're so precious to me that the past day of not being next to you was practically torturous. You're beautiful, adorable, kind, caring, just so perfect that I don't think I'll ever find anyone else like you."

Even after finishing saying what she intended to say, Mina did not receive any reply. She felt disappointed. "Erm, I know maybe you still need some time, so I'll go out first. I'll wait for you."

Just as she was about to stand up, she felt Momo wrap her arms around her waist, hugging her from the back. A familiar warmth spread through Mina.

"I'm sorry too, Mina. I'm sorry I get jealous, I'm sorry I feel insecure so easily, I'm sorry for overreacting. It was truly foolish of me to have acted like that and I hope you'll forgive me."

"Hmmm..." Mina pretended to be thinking just to tease the girl.

"Don't be mad anymore, please?" Momo started planting kisses all over Mina, which made the latter smile.

Mina turned and returned the hug. "Silly, you know I can never stay angry at you for long."

"That's because you love me too much," Momo replied, a confident smile evident on her face.

Mina smiled back, Momo certainly seemed more assured now. "Yeah, I do. Momo, let's not fight again. Ever."

Momo just nodded back.

The both of them were just enjoying the moment, glad to be back in the arms of each other.