[10] Kiss

MiMo Oneshot Collection

Mimo kissed.

Wordcount: 1158

 


It was 11.30pm, and the girls had just finished washing up after a day of activities. On a regular day they would just head to bed and laze around for a bit before drifting off to sleep, but today was different. With Momo's birthday coming in less than 30minutes, they were busy preparing for a small celebration - something they always did when it was one of the member's birthday.

It was their 'tradition' to have a small party during their birthdays, where they would just gather and dance around, sing around, and have a small cake. Usually, all 9 of them would be helping with the preparation, including the birthday girl. However, this was not the case. Only 7 of them were preparing. 7 because one of them had been in the bathroom since they came back. 7 because the other had locked herself up in the room, since the moment they came back, too.

"What's up with them?"

"Probably the kiss they had just now."

Really, all the other members had not seen anything wrong with that kiss, because everyone knew that they obviously had feelings for each other. It was only a matter of time that they shared the kiss. But now, seeing both of them like that, Sana, the person who caused it, actually felt bad.

"Erm, I'll go get them."

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Momo?" Sana softly called as she knocked on the door. She really hoped she did not make things bad for them.

She sighed when there was no reply, but was thankful to find out that Momo did not actually lock the door. As she entered, she saw her best friend lying in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Momo?"

"She hates me now, Sana."

"Huh?"

Momo sighed. To some extent, she hated Sana for doing that, and all she wanted to do was to rage at the girl. She had confided in her about her feelings for the youngest of the J trinity, but never had she asked Sana to do that. However, she also knew that Sana meant no harm, and probably just wanted to help her.

"She hates me now, she did not even talk to me since it happened."

"No she doesn't."

Momo cocked her eyebrow. "You don't know Sana, not everyone is as gay as you. And me, of course."

"Just trust me, she doesn't. But we do kind of have an issue now, she's been in the bathroom ever since we came back, we need you to get her out. We're already preparing your birthday celebration."

"Me? Why would she listen to me? You've got to be kidding me. And there's nothing to celebrate Sana, I'm just turning one year older, and there's certainly nothing happy about the person I have feelings for hating me."

"Only you can do it, Momo, I'm sure she would not listen to any of us. Just get her out of the room and talk to her. Tell her your feelings or something, whatever you want."

Momo was about to protest, but of course Sana was not going to hear anything. "And by the way, if you don't get her out, we don't intend to do it for you. We'll just leave her inside."

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

And that was how Momo found herself nervously standing in front of the bathroom door, which was pretty funny considering that it was a door she saw every day.

Momo took a deep breath before gathering the courage to knock on the door. "Mina, it's me, Momo. Can we talk for a bit?"

A while later the door opened, revealing the person she loved so much. The girl had an unreadable expression, and Momo could only conclude that she had screwed up this time. (Even though technically speaking, it was not her.)

The two settled back in Momo's room for a little more privacy, and they were not seated next to each other on Momo's bed. Next to each other meaning the existence of a metre or so between them, because Momo did not dare to go any nearer.

"Erm so... about just now... I'm sorry."

Momo was greeted with silence. Deafening silence. All Mina did was look up, and immediately back down when their eyes met.

"I.. I should've pulled back, I'm sorry I didn't react fast enough, I just didn't know that Sana was going to do that, I mean, I told her that I like you, but-" Momo cut herself off by putting her hand over , her eyes widening as she realised that she had just indirectly confessed.

Mina, too, widened her eyes, and now she was staring back at Momo. The older girl blushed and quickly diverted her gaze, feeling shy and apologetic.

"Ye-Yeah.. I said it, didn't I? I didn't want to let you know in case it ruined our friendship, but I guess.."

Mina continued keeping quiet, which made Momo feel really really distressed. There was only one meaning behind that.

"Yeah, I get it... You must feel disgusted about me right now, right? I really hoped it wouldn't affect our friendship, but I understand too. It probably made you uncomfortable, right? I shouldn't have said it, me and my stupid mouth, I-"

Momo was taken in for a surprise when Mina moved in front and locked their lips. The girl had moved so quickly that Momo did not even process anything before she felt a pair of lips on hers.

Momo did not react even after Mina shifted away a little.

"I was afraid," Mina said in her ever-so-soft voice. "After that peck I couldn't look at you without wanting to kiss you again. I thought you wouldn't like me the same way, so I avoided you so I could control myself."

Mina looked down, her face red from her own confession.

"You, You mean you like me too?"

The younger girl nodded. Momo could be so blur and slow at times, but she still loved her anyway.

Momo swiftly captured Mina's lips again, and this time it was full of love and passion. It lasted a little while before they parted to catch their breath.

"I love you so much, Mina."

"I love you too."

They were about to share another kiss but was interrupted by the shouts from outside.

"Okay come out now you two lovebirds we need to celebrate Momo's birthday!" Of course, it was Sana who knew them so well and knew that it was all going to work out.

The two could only chuckle, their eyes still locked at each other's. Momo was the first to break the eye contact, standing up to go out.

"Let's go?" Momo offered her hand to Mina who was still sitting down. As the other girl took it and stood up, holding her hand, Momo did not miss the chance to peck the girl's lips again before heading towards the door, dragging a blushing Mina behind her.

 


A/N: Just wanted to write a story because it's HappyMomoDay :) And because mimo kissed. Sana the ultimate MiMo shipper :P I love how chill the other members were about it and Momo was totally unaffected lol xD