Lies

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The person grabbed me from behind but I was quick. I stepped back and locked my foot behind his leg, pulling him towards me. Use their body weight against them, that was the first thing I was taught. He quickly countered and tugged my arms, forcing me back against his chest. I struggled but it was useless.

I sighed. "At least they let me escape. Couldn't you just pretend?" I turned my head around the see the expressionless face of Taeyong. He wasn't amused.

"You're still up to your old antics?"

"It's only been a month, how much did you think I'd change? Aren't you going to let me go?" He held more for a solid minute before releasing me. I massaged my wrists.

"Where are you going this late at night?"

"Does it matter? It's not like anything is going to happen." I jabbed my thumb behind me at the two inconspicuous guards hiding behind the trees. "I know I'm not really escaping, its the motions that count. And they like to humor me."

He glared at the guards. Despite being so young he moved up the ranks quickly. They would probably get chewed out later for "humoring me". Taeyong liked to follow the rules. It was irritating.

Once, he argued that the rules is what kept everyone safe. I understood, but it was too stifling for me.

"Either come along or stay behind." I started marching towards the gate but he caught my arm. "Are you going to keep me locked up like my father?" It was a low blow but I had missed him and I was aggravated that there was no reason for him to contact me the past month. I too, had no reason to try and contact him.

If my father even got a whiff at my affections pointed towards my bodyguard it would be over. This marriage contract would be the least of my worries.

His hand slipped away. I smiled. For now, I had won.

We walked in silence. Taeyong remained five steps behind. "If you stay behind me people will think you're a stalker."

"There's no one around."

I sighed. He had a point. It was the middle of the night and only the street lights were on. Still, it'd be nice if he walked next to me instead.

There was a light rattle. In less than a second Taeyong had me behind him and a grip on his gun. Under the street lamp a cat hissed at us and kicked the empty can before scampering away. Even after the cat disappeared he was still tense.

He wasn't like this before. Just where did my father send him?

"Taeyong?" Slowly he loosened the grip on his gun.

"Let's go home." This time it was me following after him.

 

 

Breakfast with my father was quiet. It had just been the two of us for awhile. Mother died when I was young. It was then that father doubled my guard. Still, there were certain things that couldn't be saved by men with guns.

"Jin will accompany you today."

The chopsticks rattled on the table.

"But today is..."

Very slowly he put his chopsticks down before facing me. "Jin will be taking care of you one day. It's best if he knows how to do that."

"Father." I stood with enough force to make the chair fall back. "This isn't-"

"No arguing." He held his hand up. "He'll meet you there. Taeyong." The one called bowed to my father.

" her there, make sure she doesn't run away."

"Yes sir."

 

 

"If you don't let me go Taeyong, so help me!" He kept a firm grip on my wrist as he pulled me towards the hospital. "This is embarrassing. Please."

He stopped but he didn't let go. It was just the two of us. Always, it had only been the two of us to these trips. Taeyong was the only one of my bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter