Safety

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat uncomfortably in my seat. The teacher was going on and on about flower bouquets and the proper arrangement. She talked about their individual meanings and why you should give this flower to this person but not to this person....

It was a true bore. I looked out the window. Just outside was a man in a dark suit, in the room there were two more, and outside the door I knew there to be three. They were my bodyguards, courtesy of my father.

Being the daughter of a gangster was fun and exciting but also dangerous. He didn't like me to be involved in the dirty work and wanting me to grow up to be a respectful woman. I didn't want to learn about flowers and pattern designs though. I liked martial arts, guns, and danger. The life I was born in is the life I wanted.

"Agashi." One of the guards, Ten, leaned down. "You're father is on the phone." He respectfully handed it to me.

I took in a deep breath. "De, Appa?"

"Since I know you're not paying attention in class, please come to the SM Hotel, I have someone I want you to meet." He hung up after that and Ten took the phone. He pressed a finger against his headset.

"De. I understand. We'll her safely."

As much as I wanted to, it never helped to pitch a fit. I wanted to argue that I could go on my own, that I didn't need babysitters but it never did any good. I had gotten to the point that I didn't try anymore. Although that didn't stop me from late night escapes every once in awhile.

"Let's go." I stood and bowed to my teacher. She was used to having abrupt stops during our lessons.

The ride there wouldn't be long. The SM Hotel, which my father own as a front, was right around the corner. He never liked me far away from him, even with the added security. If he could help it I would never leave the hotel.

Ten slid in beside me and on the other was Yuta. Despite being in a large car, it felt cramped. All the protection wouldn't be so bad if I still had my own space. "I'm sure you both know who I'm meeting, don't I get a little pep talk?"

Silence.

Yuta leaned forward. "This arrangement could mean a lot for all of us."

"That does little to reassure me."

He leaned back. "We're here."

They both got out of the car and I took the hand that helped me out. Quickly, I looked up. I knew this hand.

I couldn't speak his name because I was too afraid I would scream and cling to him. He had been gone for a month. He was the guardian I was most comfortable with.

Taeyong. I had missed him so much.

He held his arm out and I shyly hooked it. "Where have you been?" I whispered.

"You know I can't talk about your father's missions."

I tugged his arm but he kept walking. There was nothing I could say. We were surrounded by too many people. Besides, a relationship with him was forbidden and Taeyong was all about following the rules. Not once had he hinted any affection for me even thought I found myself aching for him.

"Your father is waiting on you." He paused in front of the door.

"Do you know what waits for me in there?" His arm tensed a little before letting me go.

"Safety."

He stepped back and twisted the door knob.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter