The Garden

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jin was waiting for us at the restaurant.  I couldn't help but admit that he looked handsome.

He took my hand and folded it over his arm. I didn't think he would have tried in this marriage. It would be easier if we just kept to ourselves. Still, he led me to my seat and pulled the chair back. Taeyong stayed behind but close enough so he could hear everything. He was going to make me cautious about the coming conversations. I could only guess what Jin wanted to discuss.

We ordered our dishes but Jin had yet to start. Was he waiting on me?

He was halfway done with his plate of food before looking up at me. "I wasn't sure how I wanted to go about this. It's clear what you think about this arrangement and I don't blame you. My father made it clear to me since birth that I wouldn't have a choice when I was older. So, I believe that all of this is easier to swallow for me than it is you." He glanced at Taeyong. "Even if you never grow to love me, I will do my job as your husband and protect you."

Taeyong's POV

I struggled to stay still. He was telling her everything I had dreamed about telling her. I had made a mistake at the shooting range. For a moment, I forgot myself and who I was. Another mistake like that with the wrong eyes watching and her father would send me further away than last time.

He had caught me at a weak moment. Somehow her father had learned that I held a certain affection for his daughter. It was the worst day I could imagine. My side still ached for the gun shot wound he put into my side. Without giving me a chance to properly heal, he had sent me away.

This was something Hyemi could never know about. I don't she realized how much her father opposed of me, and I couldn't blame him. My life wasn't like Jin's, office meetings and paperwork. No, I was the one that went out late at night and eliminated the threats.

Hyemi lowered her head at Jin's words. Subtly she glanced at me. I was careful not to show any emotion. 

"Even if you don't put any effort in, it's not like I can go against my father. I don't like it, but I understand. My father wants me as far away from danger as possible." She swallowed hard. "About this morning at the hospital-"

Jin held up his hand. "If it's something you don't want to share with me, that's fine. We have many years ahead of us to learn more about each other. Come." He stood and reached for her hand. "I have somewhere I want to take you."

End POV

 I kept hold of Jin's hand as he paid for our dinner. It was surprisingly hard, not soft like I had imagined. In fact his whole demeanor surprised me tonight. He had a calculating look to his eye and a stern expression that I had caught only once. Perhaps there was more to Jin than I had originally predicted.

Instead of taking the car we walked a long the street. Yuta and Ten had joined us.

"Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter