The Dance

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jin had sent servants to attend me. They presented many dresses but I only half paid attention. Jin's mother's words were still running through my head. I glanced at Taeyong. His head was down, face stoic. I wanted to know what he was thinking. He heard everything she had said, I knew he had. Did it pierce his heart as much as it had mine?

Taeyong's POV

It was difficult to control my facial expressions. Ever since Jin's mother it had become painfully obvious how much I wasn't wanted here. Eventually I wouldn't be needed.

Hyemi was being fitted for tonight's dress. She seemed less interested than I was. The ladies talked about what would suit Jin's tastes the most. Of course it was pink.

Pink wasn't her color but they insisted and she didn't care enough to argue. The dark blue dress they tossed aside was more suiting for her.

You won't need guards in your shadow anymore.

I closed my eyes. It took every fiber of my being to fight those words. If I no longer guarded her, what good was I? Hyemi was everything to me. My place was by her side.

"Taeyong?" She called.

My eyes went to hers.

"How does it look?"

She slowly turned, letting me get a full view of her figure. The dress was beautiful, but only because she wore it. The fact that it was for Jin made me bitter.

"Yeppo, Agashi."

The door creaked open and Jin walked in. "You look gorgeous. Pink looks good on you." Liar.

Hyemi smiled and took his outstretched hand. I watched his finger trace the side of her jaw. That seemed to be his normal greeting. There was no point in feeling jealousy because one day I would no longer be by her side. This would be her normal, and she deserved it.

I followed them. My eyes were constantly scanning the area. We were on the second floor, left from the stairs and two doors down on the right. This place was huge. I needed to know the complete layout of the building. Even if tonight was as simple as Jin claimed, it was better to be prepared.

When we stopped I quickly bowed to Hyemi. "Please excuse me. I'm going to scout the area."

"That's not necessary." Jin answered before she could. I didn't turn to him, but kept my head lowered to my Agashi. She was my boss, not him.

"Go ahead. Make sure you're back before the dance starts."

I lowered my head again and left. She would be okay while I was gone. Jin cleared his throat but otherwise kept his comments to himself.

As I quickly made my way through the place, I noticed there were more guards. Rather than being in the house they were outside. They were stiff. Not one even acknowledged me. "Who is head of security around here?"

"I am."

It was one of the 'brothers'. I couldn't remember his name though. "I'm Taeyong, I'm Hyemi Agashi's bodyguard."

"I know who you are. I"m Namjoon. Just stay near your Agashi, we won't need your interference."

"I wasn't offering my help. There's only one person at this party tonight that I care about. I'm just making sure that the danger isn't unexaggerated."

"There's nothing to worry about."

I wasn't getting anywhere with him. He was a closed book. Everyone's standoffish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter