Crossing the Border

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taeyong's POV

"Hyung." Yuta leaned over to me. "What did you do to Hyemi? She looks ticked off."

"How do you know it was me?" He raised an eyebrow. I sighed. "She found out about the gunshot wound."

His eyes widened. "Everything?"

"Of course not. I wouldn't tell her how it happened."

"That explains why she's mad."

I glanced at her. We were in the middle of flower class and if she stared at her book any harder I was worried it'd burst into flames. Suddenly, her face softened and I glanced at the page she was looking at. 

Tulips.

Curse those stupids flowers.

Even if I agreed with her father on who he chose, that didn't mean I had to like it. Jin was good for her. I pressed a hand against my side. She wouldn't have to worry about him coming home with a gunshot wound.

I could still remember her feel. When was the last time we were that close? Even if it was just training. I closed my eyes and tried to commit it to memory. Her eyes as she looked up at me, the sweat dripping from her hair. Her hand as it slid across my stomach.

"Let's go." Ten pressed a finger against his earpiece. "Agashi, you and Jin have matters to attend to." She looked up from closing her books.

"Matters?"

"On his side."

"Has something happened?" The worry in her voice wasn't obvious but it was there. She stood. "What about dinner tonight with my father?"

"You'll have to skip it this time." Yuta swallowed. "This matter won't be over until tomorrow."

I frowned. There was no way I was going to let her stay over there. She wasn't as safe.

She rubbed the back of her neck. "I guess this is something I should get used to. That is my future home."

I closed my eyes. It hurt too much.

End POV

I was doing my best not to look at Taeyong. After the other night I was embarrassed and upset. He wouldn't tell me how he got that wound. I knew he was hiding something from me. If my father swore him to secrecy then there would be nothing I would be able to do to get him to tell. Sometimes he was annoyingly loyal.

My mind wondered to Jin as we left. What could be so urgent that I had to go over there? On top of that, having to stay the night? Where was I staying? The BTS province covered most of Busan. They based in Seomyeon, a very busy area. It would be easy to pass by unnoticed but that also meant it was easy to get lost.

It was an area I was unfamiliar with. NCT was mostly based in Daegu, which is larger than Seoul. That's why we were considered the most powerful. By merging with BTS we'd become the most influential mobsters in history. Power wasn't easy to obtain, but it was easy to lose. I needed to remind myself of this. If things didn't go well with Jin then things could go very bad for NCT.

The drive there would be a few hours. Since it would be rude to bring too many of my own security it would just be Taeyong and me. I had tried to get Ten or Yuta instead but Taeyong was the head so he was supposed to come, no matter what. This would be uncomfortable and I hoped to opt out of most of it with a nap. There was nothing I wanted to say to him right now.

Everything was packed up and we hit the road. Taeyong kept the radio off so he could hear everything. Even now he was staying alert, cautious of everyone around us. Even the closest of people could be a threat to me. If word got round that I had left with minimal security things could go very bad. Taeyong could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter