The Brothers

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hansol Oppa!" He laughed and caught me in his arms, spinning around. He put me down and ruffled my hair.

"What kind of trouble have you been causing that Father has called me home?"

I pouted. "Nothing. Someone kidnapped me and now everyone is in high alert. It wasn't even my fault."

"Kidnapped?" he seemed surprised.

"Father didn't explain it to you?"

"No. And it's not like I would question him when he never asks anything of me anymore."

Hansol was the oldest of the five of us. Father sent him away when he was only a boy. In fact, he sent all of my brothers away. I was the only one he kept close to him. It never occurred to me to ask why.

"How were you kidnapped? It seems unlikely." he glanced at the guards. "Unless...Taeyong isn't part of your security anymore?"

"He is." I smiled when he huffed. Hansol never really liked Taeyong. He was the only brother that caught on to my affection for him. Hansol Oppa saw everything. "Did Father tell you I was engaged?" He nodded. "I was on his side of the border when it happened." I looked down at my hands. Hansol always knew when something was wrong, he was the easiest to talk to. The one that seemed to understand everything. When Mother would come looking for me he always helped hide me away.

"Weren't there guards for you?"

"Only Taeyong was sent with me."

His eyebrows furrowed.

I held up my gun. "Want to play a game?" This whole conversation was getting tiresome. If I wasn't having it with Father or Taeyong, I was having it with myself. Over and over again.

He smiled. "Always. What are we betting though?"

"If I win, you have to tell me where Father sent you."

"You know I can't talk about that."

"Then tell me where he sent Taeyong, I know you know."

"Hyemi..." He sighed.

"Don't you have confidence in your shooting abilities?" I gave him a wicked smile. I was always the better shot.

He huffed out a laugh. "Fine. But, if I win you'll do everything in your power to stop this wedding."

I blinked. Wait...what? "Oppa? Why? I don't-"

Hansol held up his hand. "At least, do your best to postpone it. Something's not right about it all."

I chewed on my lip. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to put a stop to this wedding. I didn't want to marry Jin even if he did make me blush and my heart flutter a little.

"Call!"

Mark and Kun moved with us. I noticed he didn't have guards. "Why am I the only one? It's always this way." I asked while loading my gun. We would have five bullets each and whoever got the most kill shots would win. There were markers on the paper to say how many points each spot was worth.

'Maybe because you're a girl?" He side glanced at me and I narrowed my eyes. Without even looking I shot at the paper.

I didn't have to look to know where my bullet landed. He squirmed. "Araso, I get it. So serious. What happened to you? " He shot and got a spot on the shoulder.

"Daddy sent Taeyong away for a whole month." My next bullet landed above the belt this time.

"Oh, you poor baby." He got a heart shot.

"I toughened up during that time. I'm much more independent now." A shot through the head.

"Oh really? Why do I find that difficult to believe?" Head shot.

To prove it my last two bullets when through the heart. He finished his clip as well. It was obvious who won without tallying the score.

"Alright. Cough it up. Just where did Taeyong get sent?" I crossed my arms and waited.

"Hye-ah..."

"Don't start with me. Just tell me Oppa or I'll assume the worst."

"Then assume it."

My arms fell to my sides. "What?"

"Assume the worst Hyemi. Send Taeyong there and double it. That's where he went. Father sent him there right after putting a bullet through his side."

I gasped. The bullet wound that he wouldn't tell me about. Father did that? No, it wasn't possible. Why would he do that?

"I told you, so don't ask again. Don't ask the reason why. It's not my place. Now, it's your turn." He pointed at the paper men when he saw my confusion. We walked closer and I noticed then, we had tied.

"Just how exactly do you expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter