In the Dark

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyong's POV

I made no stops on my way back. My one and only thought was to get the Agashi home. Hyemi remained passed out the entire time, mumbling here and there. I had managed to get the blood from her skin but her clothes were still bloody. Had she woken on her own I would have stopped so she could change. Since that never happened I passed through the threshold of her home with her in my arms.

Yuta and Ten were waiting. Ten glanced at Hyemi but didn't ask any questions. Yuta, on the other hand starting freaking out.

"Ottokae? Is she alright? What happened? We had heard the dance was attacked but we never thought...Omo!" His hands fluttered around and he jumped around in anxiety. Ten shoved him out of the way. His eyes showed how concerned he was but he was always controlled in these situations.

"Boss wants to see you."

Dread filled me. There could be any reason why he wanted to see me. My grip tightened around Hyemi. "Let me take her upstairs first."

He nodded. While I brought her up Yuta gathered some maids. They would clean her up and make sure she was comfortable. I placed her in the empty tub. It would be easier for the women this way.

I turned to leave but Hyemi caught my shirt. Her eyes were downcast and clouded. "I'm scared."

"I'll be here." My hand her hair and her eyes closed. I would be back after talking with her father. There's no doubt he had already heard what happened. But he needed to know my side.

My fingers lingered in her hair for a moment longer than they should have. Ten put a hand on my shoulder and I pulled away. "We'll take care of her." I nodded my thanks. Yuta brought the maids up then and as I left I heard the water running. She would be okay, Ten and Yuta were there.

But why did it concern me to leave her side?

 

I paused right before his door, a hand on my ribs. The gunshot wound still ached. I hoped I wasn't about to get shot again. My hand lifted to knock but he spoke before I could.

"Come in." His voice was soft, not at all menacing. Hopefully that was a good sign.

I bowed low. "Sir."

He was standing, looking out the window. "It happened again, didn't it?"

"Yes sir."

My eyes caught the gun in his right hand. Out of reflex I tensed. 

"Don't worry. I'm not going to shoot you again. You did the right thing getting her out of there. Although, this only proves that Seokjin should know the truth. With or without her blessing, I'm going to let him know about his future wife's ailment. That it's a little more than a weak body."

"Sir. Hyemi doesn't even know what's happening to her."

He turned to me and I took a step back. "It's too dangerous to let her know. It's unclear what could happen. If she was to become self-aware there's a chance we could lose her."

"But sir-" the gun clicked. "Yes sir." I bowed.

"I know what's best for my daughter. Double the guards, they will posted around the clock. Never let her be alone. A fit could come at anytime. Keep me posted of any changes." He cleared his throat. "Also, I called her brothers back home."

My lips parted in shock.

"They'll be updated on the situation. Seokjin will be as well. The more people that know what signs to look out for, the safer she will be. It's all I can do for her now." He turned to look back out the window.

Or she'll be in more danger. I didn't trust Seokjin and his family. If there was a mole, we'll only be endangering her life even more. I trusted Yuta and Ten. They'll be the only ones of my guards that would be informed. At least, as much as I deemed appropriate. It seemed wrong to keep Hyemi in the dark.

 

I went back to her room. They had washed her and p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter