Wounded

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I didn't want to see Jin today even though we had promised to have lunch together. Paperwork had piled on my desk and it'd be a miracle to get it all done. Ten liked to help and was sitting on the floor dividing them by priority. Yuta, on the other hand, was no help at all. He claimed that he needed to devote all available senses to my protection.

"Who would be stupid enough to infiltrate a mobster's base?"

They all stopped what they were doing and glanced among the three of them. I could only guess what their eyes said to each other. They were. Of course.

Taeyong was near my desk, fiddling with a paperweight. He needed to move, far too distracting.

"I need a break. It's been awhile since I've practice my jiu jitsu. Whose up for it?" Yuta and Ten immediately opted out. Last time they helped me practice I had nearly dislocated Ten's shoulder. He rubbed it, remembering.

"I promise to go easy on you guys." Yuta didn't appreciate the jab and I stuck my tongue out.

"There's always time for that. Let's finish this first. Don't forget your lunch with Jin." I glanced at Taeyong but he wouldn't look at me. Didn't he know how much his words cut? I didn't want Jin. Even if he was incredibly sweet. The flower was still on my table at home, I didn't have the heart to throw it out.

Ten dropped a stack on my desk. "These are more urgent." He glanced at Taeyong.

He gave a sigh. "Finish these and then we'll go train."

"Asa!"

 

I rolled and pinned Yuta to the ground. "Tap-Tap!" 

We laughed. Ten gave me his hand.

"You're a woman I wouldn't want to pick a fight with." Yuta grunted while still laying on the ground.

"Everyone knows better than to pick a fight with a mobster woman." Despite saying that Ten cracked his fingers and taunted me. My style of fighting used their weight against them. I was able to lock their bodies close and then do some serious damage to their face or joints. Since my body was weak and I didn't have the stamina for a drawn out fight I had to make it quick.

In ten seconds I had Ten pinned. I laughed at the irony. He huffed in frustration.

"Hyung why don't you have a go?" Teayong looked up. He glanced at me for a second. I raised my eyebrows expectantly. He opened his mouth to retort but just then the door to our training room opened.

Jin peaked his head in. "I was told I could find you here." He held up a nicely wrapped bag. "I brought food."

 

It was noticeably awkward. Ten and Yuta stayed off to the side having their own conversations while Taeyong stood guard near the door.

Jin did his best to strike up a conversation. He must of realized that the charm he held last night didn't have the same affect here. This was my territory. A training mat fit me better than a garden of flowers. "What were you practicing?"

"Jiu jitsu."

"That's g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter