Eight

Don't Walk Away

"You.... Jae..."

"......"

"Youngjae."

"..........."

"Youngjae!"

Startled, Youngjae clumsily snaps out of his thoughts and regains consciousness ten seconds later, his eyes coming to focus once he realize what had happened. He blinks for several moments, adjusting his posture and recollecting where he was, and with whom. It took awhile for Youngjae to remember what he was doing before he starts fiddling with a notebook in front of him, stained with his saliva and messy penmanship, he grimaced at the outcome and looked at the person standing next to him.

"Youngjae?" Daehyun whispers quietly and Youngjae is left with the urge to hear his voice again. They were in one of the study rooms, the door left ajar as Daehyun sets his things down on the seat actions from Youngjae. All he remembers is a pair of moist lips coming together andー

Holy ! Did he just dream about Jung Daehyun's lips!? And not just that, he actually imagined kissing them, which is outrageous because didn't Daehyun tell him not to fall in love? 

Well, technically, he wouldn't be falling in love since people kiss all the time, but still, thinking about it doesn't mean it can't happen. Scratch that, Youngjae won't let it happen because that's his ticket to happiness and finding a boyfriend. He simply cannot afford to lose it in front of the other man and cut their session short.

Anyway, Yoo Youngjae only has one condition to follow and he'll be damn if he can't follow this one thing.

"W-what happened?" He blurts fervently, still too surprised by his own predicament. He shouldn't have kept the other man waiting.

"You fell asleep." Daehyun simply says, taking a seat across from Youngjae. "Sorry for waking you." He apologizes and Youngjae shakes his head.

Right. He was waiting in the study room until the other man showed up from wherever he had gone to do.

"No, I should be sorry. I was the one who asked you for help." And taking away your free time when you could be doing something else than helping out a loser like me, Youngjae thought bitterly. "Did I make you wait long?" He checks the time and notice it was an hour since he came to studyーerr, nap.

"No." Daehyun breathes and looks over at him, as if debating on something. "Do you want to do this another time?"

Thinking, like actually thinking, Youngjae takes a long moment to process Daehyun's words and look at his lips before reacts accordingly. He slams his palms on the table suddenly and startles the other man briefly.

"Oh, uh, no!" Damn, why am I always staring at his lips. "W-we can do it today. I'm ready!" Oh gosh, he sounds so lame and like a total loser. Jung Daehyun must think he's desperate for a boyfriend now.

"Okay." Daehyun nods awkwardly, blinking slowly. "Can you compile a list of people you like or attracted to?" He asks casually.

Youngjae is quickly reminded of his dream and blushes, nodding his head regardless. "Y-yeah, I have some I think I like." Damn, he's still so nervous. Why in the world does he feel this way when he's getting help from Jung Daehyun? There's no reason to be scared, right?

Nervously, Youngjae fumbling with the notebook in front of him. He's been thinking about it for quite some time, especially since he may want to possibly start dating someone he knows or have a crush on, like Himchan who got Bang Yongguk. That is, if he's lucky... 

Maybe that's why he got that dream too.

Once he find the page he's been looking for, Youngjae tears it from his notebook and hands it to Daehyun as he prepares for the other's verdict.

Daehyun takes the paper and his fingers mildly brush against the other's, Youngjae flinches at the contact but moves his hand away before Daehyun could take notice. It's not like he hasn't touched another man's hand before, but for some reason, he can't help himself from being self conscious of what Daehyun may think of him. Considering if he leaves a bad impression, won't he scare him off? Or worst, he won't help him find a boyfriend at all? 

Hurriedly, Youngjae shakes his head from that thought. No, he shouldn't think that. He's doing the right thing by coming to Daehyun for advice and he'll benefit from it because all he has to do is follow one condition until he finds a boyfriend, he sums.

After a few jarring minutes of Daehyun staring at his list, Youngjae began to wonder if he was analyzing his preference or simply appalled by them. It's not like he knows for certain who he'll end up, but he certainly hopes it's someone he'll like with no regrets.

He's brought back to earth when Daehyun begins to speak, "This is..." Youngjae held his breath, a million questions running through his head. Did he write something wrong? Was the list too long? Will he tell him he has bad taste in people? What if he can't a person who matches him? Then how was Youngjae going to know if he was compatible with anyone on that list? He frowns deeply at the thought and turns to Daehyun anxiously for his results.

"A recipe for jjang jjang meon?"

Huh? Wait, what.

Snatching the paper from Daehyun's hand, Youngjae went over the content again andー yes, he is ing right. This is a recipe to make jjang jjang meon! How in the world did he get this mixed up!?

"S-sorry!" Youngjae sputters incredulously, skimming through his notebook for that list he knew he wrote down before meeting up with the other man. "I know I have it somewhere! Just give me a minute."

"It's okay. We can do this again later." Daehyun suggests as Youngjae continues to search. It's only when he goes through his entire notebook five times that he gives up, shoulders slump and apologizing profusely.

"Hey, it's not the end of the world. Things happen. We'll just start again tomorrow or something." Now this makes Youngjae feel really bad because Jung Daehyun is even good at cheering people up. "Have you eaten?" Daehyun suddenly asks and Youngjae is taken aback.

"No, not yet." He says, considering he was here studying earlier and he didn't have time to go grab something to eat. 

"Want to grab something to eat?"

Just on cue, Youngjae's stomach growls and he shyly turns away, letting out an awkward laugh. "Sure, ha...ha." He reluctantly agrees. Way to ruin his advisement session. He should probably pay for Daehyun's food to make it up to him, after all, he is wasting his time. He sighs and follows after Daehyun, leaving the empty study room with regret. 

There's always next time.

 


A/N: sorry this took awhile to update T-T I wasn't feeling well since I got back for some reason so this was a bit difficult to write. I hope you guys like it! >< please tell me what you think! ^^