Four

Don't Walk Away

Youngjae doesn't really know what to do at this point as his fingers curls tightly around the cotton cloth wrapped securely around a box of delicious food that would probably leave himself drooling. He's definitely not prepared to look Jung Daehyun in the face and ask him "could you help me look for a boyfriend?" Or "will I ever get a boyfriend?" And maybe "am I going to be alone for the rest of my life? Please help me, oh great one.

Not that it'll be of any help, he thinks bitterly, but it's just so weird to stand there and not say anything. Well, he could just brush this off and walk away, but then when will he get the chance to ask the question that has been at the brunt of his mind for quite some time?

Nervously, he swallows the lump in his dry throat and blurts out the first thing he could think ofー just for manners.

"So I heard you're having lobster today." Says Youngjae in his attempt to brush it off as a simple conversation and not something he heard from afar. He hopes dearly Jung Daehyun wouldn't take this the wrong way and laugh it off. It would save Youngjae the embarrassment and he could continue on with his day.

Instead, Jung Daehyun looks at him confusingly, "I am?"

Okay, that was not suppose to happen and Youngjae swears he's got a good hearing rangeー be it paying attention in class to simply eavesdropping, which he technically wasn't doing and only happened to overhear. Unwillingly.

"Uh, yeah, didn't a girl after math class give it to you?"

"Oh." Daehyun shrugs, "I guess." Like it was no big deal and that totally makes it sound like he eats it. Every. Single. Day. And Youngjae would be lying if he said he wasn't envious to have lobster everyday. 

Which means, Daehyun eats lobster everyday, he sums.

But the lobster is beyond the point, Youngjae moves on quickly, playing with the lunchbox he picked up and not realizing he hasn't handed over to its rightful owner yet. Also, that said owner has been staring at it since the beginning of the encounter, shifting from one foot to the other in slow silence.

"Say, um, are your advices, uh... really good?" 

"What do you mean?" Daehyun raises an eyebrow and gives Youngjae that look, the one that says I may or may not know what your talking about but please spell it out for me kind of face. Youngjae doesn't blame him though, but he also didn't really want to say it out loud so he kind of half-whispers slash normally-talk in his Youngjae-like way. Whatever that means.

"It's justー" C'mon Yoo Youngjae, don't chicken out now. His mind mimics in its very best Himchan-like voice, which is extremely frightening, as if Himchan hyung was actually beside him and urging him to say the words at the tip of his lips. He grimaces.

This is what he gets for talking to Himchan and Jongup about his relationship status and how they want him to find someone to be with. Sure, he's a bit hopeless when it comes to dating, but it must be really bad if both of his friends are talking about it. Concerning, he's only ever tell them about his crushes and never really going about to ask them out. It's not like he doesn't want a boyfriend, he just doesn't believe that needs one right now.

"IーI want a b-boyfriend and... I was wondering if you can, um, help me." Youngjae finishes very quickly, scratching the back of his head in a casual manner and waiting for the other man to reply. It's not everyday you get another man asking you to give dating advices so Youngjae wouldn't be surprised if Daehyun was shell shocked and disturbed about his request.

It's also not everyday that Youngjae would reveal to someone his preference in his significant other, but it doesn't hurt to try, right? Plus, he's already known about Himchan's relationship so he can't be that uncomfortable with Youngjae sharing his preference either.

Or at least, he hopes so.

Minutes have passed with students walking by, staring at the two with such suspicion lurking in their eyes that it made Youngjae wonder a little about why people were looking at them weirdly. It's not like the two of them were doing anything wrong. Though, Youngjae would admit standing in the middle of the hallway was already kind of awkward. Maybe he should've taken this conversation with Daehyun elsewhere. Though, it's kind of too late for that now, he sighs.

When Jung Daehyun didn't respond for a long five minutes, Youngjae thought the other man might have not heard him or was preparing his rejection answer, which also wouldn't be surprisingー but that doesn't mean Youngjae wouldn't feel hurt about it. He hopes it's the latter of events and that he'll only ever have to repeat himself, if anything.

"Sure," Says Daehyun, finally. "But I have one condition.

Youngjae perks up right away, on the verge of laughing, but let's out a sigh instead because it's quite obvious what Daehyun has been requesting from his other patrons and it reassures him a little that he wouldn't have any trouble fulfilling his end of the bargain. Also, he's been taking more cooking lessons so the fact that he'll be having a willing test subject would be more or less welcome right now.

"Alright." Youngjae agrees, his lips stretched into a hopeful smile. "I can do it."

Taking one last glance at the lunchbox in Youngjae's hand, Daehyun steps forward and pointedly says.

"You can't fall in love with me."

 


A/N: Lol I am so bad right now, but rest assure! There will be more updates for these short chapters! Thanks to those for sharing your opinions. I really do appreciate them and thanks for reading! :)