Six

Don't Walk Away

"O-oh, I went to grab food today." Youngjae brushed off causally, shifting his feet a little as he barely took note of the object between his fingers. He freezes as his eyes lay upon it. 

"Is that why you left your food behind in the canteen?" Himchan asks, more curious than accusative of his friend's behavior.  

Stammering, Youngjae gives a hurried nod, swallowing the lump in his throat. "Y-yeah." He says and scurries off before Himchan could ask him anymore questions about his endeavors, especially if they relate to a certain Jung Daehyun. "I'll see you later, hyung. Thanks for the advice!" He finishes from across the hall, a faint echo of "you're welcome" follows him until he's pass the point of hearing.

Once he turns a corner, Youngjae blinks at the object at his side.

Now that he thinks about, where did this lunchbox come from?

It takes about two minutes for the realization to drawn upon him that he took Jung Daehyun's lunchbox and another two minutes that he practically stole it from the other man without realizing it. His eyes widen in shock. Oh ! Now Jung Daehyun might hate him already for taking his food without permission and even more so to make the other help with his love life.

Also, he didn't even begin his lessons yet! Double !

Ugh. Now what should he do? He bit his lips nervously and began pacing back and forth. He can't return it now since it'll probably be bad by tomorrow and this lunchbox was most likely prepared today by one of his admirers for his God given advices. But what if he still wants it tomorrow? Maybe he can refrigerate it in a freezer to preserve the freshness? Then, maybe Jung Daehyun would be less mad at him?

Youngjae shakes the box lightly, feeling the weight and wonders what could be in it.

Curiosity sets in his mind while Youngjae mulls over if he should open the lunchbox and expose it to his air circulating in the hallway. Probably a bad idea, he thinks as he heads pass the library and outside the building. Fortunately, he has a free period right now so he could open it outside instead of the library. Considering the moment he slips the lid off, everyone from within three meters could smell the whiffing scent of food. Also, he'd be in trouble with Mrs. Choi since she wants her library spotless.

After settling in a bench outside, Youngjae stares at the lunchbox for a good long minute, as if his eyes will suddenly see through the box and the content that lies within it. Though it's short-lived because he sighs, unknotting the cloth, his speeding heart racing faster than a freight train. 

Youngjae lets out a surprised gasp.

It was lobster.

A nicely wrapped whole lobster grilled to the brim and flavored with so many mouth-watering encasing scent, Youngjae felt dizzy just smelling it. Oh gosh, and to think Jung Daehyun eats this everyday!

Initially, Youngjae had expected something traditional, something more normal to be precise. Considering he didn't expect to grab one of Daehyun's lunch boxes without permission and run away with it. But gosh, this was such a temptation and he didn't know whether he should eat it or not.

Maybe I can taste it? He wouldn't mind, right?

He reaches for one of the limbs, debating on where he should pick at until his fingers sunk into the delicacy.

"Hey, hyung! Fancy seeing you herー "

Youngjae lets out a (manly) scream and tries to cover the box back as quickly as possible, not knowing why in the world Jongup was here.

"J-Jongup? What are you doing h-here?" He stutters horribly, hugging the box tightly to his chest, as if he expected the other man to simply snatch away from him any minute now.

"I...have a free period?..." He says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "What are you doing, hyung?"

"N-nothing!" Youngjae lied again. , why is everyone so nosy today? Or as a matter of fact, why is he keeping this a secret?

"Is that..." Jongup sniffs. "Lobster?"

"No! You're just imagining it!" Youngjae cries, stuffing the box away in his bag and rushing back inside before the other man could stop him. 

Damn, that was a close one.

Without noticing, Youngjae bumps into someone, knocking the person to the ground with his weight smashing on top of him. He is such a klutz today, he groans bitterly, moving himself up to apologize. 

"I-I'm sorry! Are you okay?" 

"Y-yeah, I'm okay." The other man blushes, picking up his belongings and dusting the dirt off his uniform. "I wasn't watching where I was I going. I'm sorry!" He bows and Youngjae felt the urge to do the same as both of their heads knocked over each other.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!" The other guy sputters incredulously, rubbing Youngjae's head to soothe the pain. "I'm sorry..." He repeats.

"It's okay." Youngjae interjects, grabbing hold of the hand on his head. "I'm okay." He says, repeating the same phrase as the other man. They stare at each other for a few seconds and suddenly burst out laughing. 

"I-I'm Junhong. Choi Junhong." The stranger introduces. Youngjae relays his name and they shake hands, helping each other to dust off the dirt.

"Thanks." Youngjae smiles.

"Sorry about that. I-I got to go." Junhong says meekly."It was nice meeting you." He smiles back, bowing deeply and waving shyly. 

And before Youngjae could say anything more, Junhong had already walked off, his long limbs taking him farther than Youngjae could keep pace with. 

 


A/N: kind of boring now, huh? But the details  must go on! Sorry I can't reply to comment right now but I do read everyone of them and I'm glad you guys are liking it so far! Thank you so much for your support and for reading! :)