Seven

Don't Walk Away

Yoo Youngjae is five minutes late to his meeting with his love advisor, who is also infamously known asー Jung Daehyun

"C'mon, c'mon." He grumbles impatiently, waiting for the elevator to stop at his floor as he paces back and forth from one end of the room and to the next. He debates if he should take the stairs, but it was five flight of stairs going upward and he'd be too tired to walk through all of it. However, he was already late as it is and he wasn't going to make a good impression for himself for delaying another five minutes.

Just as Youngjae opts for the stairs, the elevator doors slides open and he hurriedly rushes in and taps the button repetitively to move. He lets out a sigh once the door closes and lifts him up to his destination.

He had not meant to be late to his first meeting with Daehyun, especially since the other man was kind enough to take up his request and without the food too. The thing is, he actually spent all night thinking about it and the 'what ifs' were to come into play or fail him considering this was all still new to him. Asking for help, that is, which because of that he hadn't slept a wink last night and he was running on caffeine and sugar just to get by. 

Once the doors open, Youngjae bolted to the study roomsー of all placesー to begin his sessions with Daehyun. He was short on breath when he found the room Daehyun had booked and knocked soundly enough for the other person on the other side to hear. There was a muffled 'come in' before Youngjae turned the knob and entered to a room of spotless white walls and a board nailed to the wall. It was the typical study room and the outlook made Daehyun look like a real professional.

Well, all but one thing.

"Hi." Youngjae greets quietly, looking down at the table filled with empty containers that probably once inhabited some sort of spectacular tasting food. His mouth began to water just thinking about them. "Sorry, I'm late." 

Sluggishly, Daehyun waves him off, his mouth stuffed with bits of cheesecake that he almost looked like a hamster. He offers Youngjae to take a seat and continues to eat like the other man had never entered the room, surrounded by only the sounds of Daehyun munching away at his haul of goodies. 

It takes Youngjae a while to ponder on what they were doing exactly before he got the courage to vocalize his thoughts as he shifts awkwardly in his seat.

"So." Youngjae stretches his neck nervously. "What are we doinー "

Daehyun cut him off with a loud belch throughout the white room whilst taking a napkin from his pocket and covering his mouth like he had manners to begin with. "Excuse me." He brushes off nonchalantly while Youngjae sits there, perplexed and stunned by all levels of awkwardness. 

"You're looking for a boyfriend, right?" Daehyun interjects, setting his food aside. It takes Youngjae approximately ten seconds to recover and collect himself, remembering to shut his mouth from hanging wide open.

"Y-yeah."

"Do you have someone you like? A type?"

"Uh...no, I don't have anyone in mind." He tries really hard to think who he had felt attracted to for the past year. There were a few he thought he wouldn't mind being accompanied with, like Minhyuk or Youjin. "I want someone tall, a bit built and... " Youngjae blushes hard at the words coming out of his mouth. Why was he telling him all this again? "Normal."

"That's interesting." Daehyun outwardly comments, "you look like the type who would enjoy someone lively and outgoing." He starts mumbling lowly that Youngjae was having a hard time listening to his words.

"What do you mean?" 

"You seem to have more fun, like your friend Himchan, for example. He's outgoing and socializes a lot, but for some reason he has a crush on the student body president Bang Yongguk, who is notoriously known to stay cooped up in a classroom for hours and reject many confessions, yet he accepted a social butterfly. Do you know why?" He pauses, watching Youngjae from eye to eye and Youngjae can't help but notice how intense his gaze is. No wonder the girls would flock over to him, it's like he stares into your soul and knows what you're thinking.

Youngjae squirms and looks away before he becomes into those irises. "N-no, why?" 

"Because," he starts, holding onto a pair of chopsticks, one purple and the other yellow. Youngjae stares at him confusingly until Daehyun brings the objects together. "Opposites attract."

Youngjae flutters his lashes slowly, his expression blank because what in the world is Jung Daehyun talking about? Is this really how he gives advices? He mulls over the thought as questions arise and clouds his mind in various things. It seems to be written all over his face when the other man frowns upon the lack of response.

"You don't believe me?" 

Caught like a deer in headlights, Youngjae gulps hesitantly, "It's sort of hard when you put it that way." He concludes. "I'm not anti-social."

"I didn't say you were." Daehyun motions for Youngjae to come closer. "Let me show you something."

Leaning forward, Youngjae didn't really expect much until Daehyun pulled him closer by the arm and he jerks forward with his face landing perfectly in alignment with Daehyun's, their lips touching against each other. 

Well, so much for a good impression.

 


A/N: sorry I meant to update this sooner T-T my family decided to go on a vacation and stupid little me thought there would be wifi but there wasn't any signal at all!! :'( it was very torturous but I hope you guys like this update. Thanks for reading!