Two

Don't Walk Away

Youngjae doesn't really think about it again for the next few days until it's brought to his attention that he's sharing the same classroom with the rumored 'love advisor' as Himchan likes to call him. 

The subject is roughly thrown to his plate during lunch hour while he's snacking on store bought kimbab along with his boisterous friend, Jaebum, and with a seemingly crowd of students clustered to one corner of the room. Strangely, he didn't noticed how obvious the amount of bodies there were in the room or that they almost practically voice the same thing, each speaking over the other in an attempt to catch whomever's attention as urgently as possible.

Oppa, Oppa, I need your help!

Should I wear a blue or pink blouse to impress him?

What about this?

I have ramen!

You have such pretty eyes.

If I confess to Sungjae, will he say 'yes'?

Help me, Oppa!

No, me first!

Oppaー

What should I do!?

It takes several minutes for Youngjae to debate whether he should look at the commotion and another few minutes to decide on which piece of kimbab to eat before taking a glance briefly at the hurdled bodies surrounding a particular desk. 

"I got you lobster today!" A pretty girl with a name Youngjae does not remember, shouts loudly over the crowd while maneuvering noisily between people. He's usually good at recognizing people, but with a populated school of girls wearing the exact same uniform and sharing almost the same styleー it is actually quite hard to recall every little detail. Not that Youngjae doesn't pay attention, he just isn't interested in girls and for a very good reason too.

A sound of a scream resembling a monkeyー Youngjae assumes it sounds like one, emits from that one corner of the class and a girl rushing out the door to who knows where. This seems to disperse the crowd a little as each student distract themselves with the turn of events, texting away on their phones and animatedly spreading the news among their peers. 

Curiosity drags Youngjae's eyes from his food and to the dark-haired boy wrapped in a golden tan, which reverberates sunny beaches and sandy waves, he wonders how it would feel to be like that. Considering his own skin contrasts so differently, almost pale with strips of uneven tan running beneath his sleeves. 

"What are you looking at?" Jaebum asks, bringing Youngjae back to his lunch. He's been staring longer than he had meant to and before he could sum up an answer, his friend was already peering over his shoulder and studying the crowd of students.

"You're looking at that weirdo?" His friend pointed, the right side of his cheek filled with rice and bits of disintegrated kimchi, he continues to munch nonchalantly. 

"Who?"

"Jung Daehyun. I didn't know you shared the same class with him." Neither did Youngjae. Normally, Jaebum would be placed in the same class as Youngjae, but after scoring terrible on his assessments, his friend was moved to the classroom down the hall. It didn't bother Youngjae much since Jaebum would still come to hang out with him and update Youngjae about his activities. In fact, he was grateful for the contact despite the changes.

"Why is he a weirdo?" Youngjae says. It was only until Himchan had decided to share his story that Youngjae began to look into the rumor more closelyーwell, if he wasn't too busy playing video games, doing his homework, eating, snacking or breathing.

"He gives these love advices and the girls are into that stuff, you know? And it's scary too because ー " Jaebum picks up a kimbab from his friend's plate and proceeds to shove it into his mouth, oblivious of Youngjae's annoyance. "He's actually right."

"What does he get out of this?" 

Jaebum bluntly states, "food" and sure enough that would explain the lobster. 

"But gosh, he's so lucky. He gets free food like everyday just for giving advicesー to girls, at that!" Jaebum cleans the rest of his lunchbox and slumps back into his chair. "Man, if only I was in his shoes. Do you think it's the tan?"

Playfully, Youngjae shoves Jaebum a little, who pretends to look a bit hurt and offended. "What?" 

Rolling his eyes, Youngjae begins to clear his desk. "Why don't you head to class? Lunch is almost over." Which is true, he notes. 

Sighing, Jaebum reluctantly leaves after checking Youngjae's credibility, waving him without further adieu and saying how he'll pay him back on the way home. That is, if Youngjae decides to wait for him. However, knowing himself, he would probably hide and sneak up from behind him.

He sits there in silence, inspecting his desk for any remnant of crumbs and sticky substances left on the furniture. After finding none, Youngjae places his elbows on the wooden surface, his palms cupping his face and waiting for class to resume. 

Quickly, he sneaks a glance over his shoulder, observing the student sitting in the far corner of the room and stuffing his face with his third lunchbox. Youngjae wonders where does all of that go and quickly averts his attention to the front of the classroom once the instructor steps in, thoughts of a dark haired boy swiftly forgotten to the back of his mind. 

He doesn't realize the studious pair of eyes peering at the back of his head.

 


A/N: wow, I didn't think people would be this supportive! You guys are so nice! I hope this will progress in a good direction! I love seeing your comments X3