One

Don't Walk Away

Breathing a heavy sigh, Youngjae brought his right cheek to the table with a thud, his textbook left forgotten with his messy chicken scratch notes sprawled all over the furniture. He sips his drink and emits a disgusted groan, realizing the cup of coffee he had bought hours ago had already gone cold and heaves a sigh again. 

His friend, Himchan raises an eyebrow, not taking his eyes away from his device as he seemingly sends a text filled with smileys and emojis to one of his 200 contacts before he actually stops to inquire with Youngjae's unattractive lethargic state.

"You done?" He asks, rubbing the back of his neck and adjusting his seat until he sits comfortably for another few daunting minutes. Youngjae has been working on his assignment for the past two hours and it doesn't help that Himchan volunteered to help and yet refuses to take a glance at Youngjae's work for more than five minutes. 

"Of course, I've been waiting a millennium for you to notice." Youngjae says this sarcastically, but Himchan doesn't seem to get the point as he types away his next message without much concern. 

"That was a joke." Youngjae adds. Himchan turns momentarily like he's only heard Youngjae for the first time.

"I thought you were serious," he says and finally puts his phone down. Himchan is usually really good at taking care of Youngjae and keeping him close within his social circle or meeting new people in general. Though for the past few days, he's been glued to his phone even more so than his usual habits that Youngjae had to make sure he didn't bump into any walls.

Quietly, Youngjae straightens himself up, stretching his stiff arms over his head while the bottom of his shirt rolls up unexpectedly. Himchan takes this as an opportunity to poke the exposed skin and Youngjae attempts to swat his hand away. He unfortunately misses and Himchan smirks triumphantly, causing Youngjae to flush with embarrassment. 

"Aren't you going to help me, hyung?" He says this with his most childlike pitch voice, hoping to stray his friend away from his distraction.  

"Sure." Himchan says. "Just let me send this text to Yongguk first." He brushes him off quickly and Youngjae sighs again. He'll never get his work done at this rate. He's heard Himchan talk about someone for a long time and Youngjae would be lying if he never realized it before, but his friend has a massive crush on the student body president, who supports great health and productivityー and basically everything Himchan's lifestyle is against. It's a wonder how Himchan has fallen for someone out of his standards. 

So he takes a deep breath and bluntly states "Gee, you've been texting Yongguk hyung a lot lately. Didn't you say you have a huge crush on him and it would be a miracle if you got him to talk to you? I wish I had a boyfriend too."

"Don't give me that toneー and when did I say that?" Himchan pointed, clicking 'send' with a tap of his finger before glancing at Youngjae agitatedly.

"Spill it, hyung or I'll tell Hyosung noona that you were the one who ruined her shirt when you were drunk." This brings Himchan to an instant pause and then a deep sigh as he runs a hand through his hair, contemplating for no more than a valuable minute of Youngjae's time. His assignment is not that important.

"How are you guys close now?" Youngjae elaborates, answering Himchan's unspoken question and the push he needs to open his floodgate of gossips.

"Okay, fine. Promise you won't tell Hyosung and what I'm about to tell you."

"I promise." Youngjae pledge immediately, debating if he should cross his fingers, but brushed the thought away quickly. He wasn't a horrible personーor so he liked to think, and besides, keeping secrets have their uses. Blackmail just happens to be one of them.

"Okay, you know, there's thisー guy," Himchan starts, fiddling with his fingers nervously and looking at everything except Youngjae. "He's from Busan and there are rumors that he can give great love advices, so if you wanna..." Youngjae cuts him off with a sharp laugh, slamming his palm onto the table and rattling the furniture like he just heard the most funniest thing in his entire life. Himchan stays silent for awhile until Youngjae comes back to his senses, which isn't long once he collected himself and remembers to breathe.

"Sorry hyung, I didn't know you of all people would believe in rumors."

"Yeah, sure." When Himchan doesn't laugh or follow with Youngjae's sense of comical humor, that's when Youngjae knows he's being gravely serious. "You got love advices from this guy, didn't you?"

Reluctantly, Himchan grunts and rolls his eyes like it has been painfully obvious all along.

"Did you ever wonder how Yongguk started giving a damn about me?" Startled by the question, Youngjae stares at Himchan blankly and waits for an elaboration.

Himchan coughs slightly, adjusting his seat and playing with the strap on his phone.

"The guy gave me adviceーcoincidentallyー" he inserts quickly while Youngjae nods. "I wasn't even talking to him directly and I didn't think about it much, but it justー it just worked, okay. And Yongguk, oh god, I hope he doesn't remember what I saidー "

"Whoa whoa, calm down. I don't need your life story." Youngjae hurriedly placates before Himchan begins to run into full circle of speeches and every possible detail he could think of. Considering when Himchan starts talking, he tends to say everything that's on his mindーrelevant or not, it usually takes a few hours of word vomit before he's finally sated and hungry enough to move on.

"Then what do you want?" Himchan whines, taking a quick look at his phone for any new messages, which he finds nil and returns his attention to Youngjae's prying eyes, sparkling with curiosity. 

"You confessed?"

"After a few days, yeah, and I worried for nothing." 

"He agreed?"

"Surprisingly." Himchan drawls, picking at his nails distractingly and blowing at them once he removes the nonexistent dirt. "He has a thing for me and I have a thing for him. There you go."

"And you're sure he's a good person?" 

"Tell me that when you get a boyfriend." Himchan finishes and that gets Youngjae to shut up, his cheeks puffed out with his lips forming into a pout. He winces once his friend pinches his cheeks and frowns stubbornly. Himchan laughs when Youngjae refuses to look at him.

"Anyway, my point," his friend clears his throat. "Think about it and give it a try. Find a boyfriend, get laid, live happily ever after and thank the heavens you're blessed with an awesome hyung like me." Youngjae subtle rolls his eyes, shoving his assignment to Himchan's face and shifting his friend's phone further away for a good distant measure.

"Yeah, I'll think about it." 

 


A/N: Please tell me what you think. Comments sounds great, don't they? :)