Five

Don't Walk Away

"Himchan, Himchan, Himchan- hyung!" Youngjae calls frantically after the other until he has come to a slow stop. Of course, he would only answer when politely called toー selectively. 

It took two minutes for Youngjae to catch up to him and another thirty seconds to catch his breath as he waves a foreign lunchbox still clasped tightly under his sweaty grip. He doesn't recall how it got there, in fact, he's too unfocused to care because what he has on his mind is much more urgent right now.

"Himchan-hyung, Iー " 

A little after Himchan turns, Youngjae briefly took note of the person he was standing with and meekly shies away into a polite bow. He didn't realize Himchan had company, however, he had been too preoccupied to register where he was until he reached the other man and much more surprised once he recognized who was accompanying his friend.

It was Bang Yongguk, the student body presidentー or also commonly known as, Himchan's biggest crush.

"Um, Himchan-hyung, can I talk to you?" Youngjae whispers. "In private." 

Idly, Himchan looks at him for a really long time, debating if he should because if Youngjae knows Himchan, he would more than likely pick the one with least amount of effort. Also, if Youngjae really really knows Himchan, the other man would pretend he didn't know him and Youngjae will deem him the worst hyung to walk the earth and make his life a living hell. 

Though, Himchan seem to have gotten the hint and turn to the student body president with an apologetic look, the sun angled just right behind them. It reminds Youngjae of one of those drama scenes where the couple would take ten minutes of screen time to say something and another five to stare at each other longingly. Youngjae wants to gag in his own vomit, which threatens to hurl up his throat and possibly clog his air tube.

"Sorry Bbang, I'll catch up with you later." Says Himchan, his voice becoming a new level of delicate that Youngjae almost didn't recognize him. 

Slowly, Yongguk let out a slight nod to the two of them, waving Himchan goodbye as he does so and he'll call him later to finish off where they left off. It wasn't until the student body president was out of sight when Himchan wind around aggressively, clutching the collar of Youngjae's shirt roughly.

"This better be good because I swear if you did not just make me lose a date with Bbanー "

"I asked Jung Daehyun to make me a boyfriendー I mean, be myー uh, find me a boyfriend!" Youngjae blurts out immediately, forgetting there might be people around to overhear their conversation. But still, you can't blame Youngjae for attempting to save his life from the wrath of Kim Himchan. He'd be lucky if he survived the catastrophe events of pulling Himchan away from his long time crush. 

He closes his eyes tightly and expects a bone crushing pain to emit from his head, but when he finds none, Youngjae cautiously opens his eyes to find Himchan staring at him with disbelief and possible some annoyance if he looks close enough. Though, that could just be Youngjae's imagination and Himchan is just beyond pissed off with his situation to care, however, he's quickly proven wrong when Himchan opens his mouth and breathes.

"You actually asked him?"

Youngjae doesn't fully recall what happened in the last hour except that he might have signed up for dating advices and not use them on Daehyunー or more specifically, not fall in love with the other man. Where Youngjae has no problem with since he hardly knows Daehyun on a personal level and the fact that he can't really say it will happen. It makes Youngjae wonder if this was the condition he had offered everyone in exchange for his wisdom and the food are a set of 'thank you' presents. 

Or maybe Daehyun is just straight and he's drawing the line before their, umー relationship? Student-mentor relationship could be stained.

Meekly, Youngjae agrees silently, still amazed by Himchan's awestruck expression and how he seems more relief than ever.

"And he said 'yes'?"

Cautiously, Youngjae shyly nods again while Himchan releases his shirt and throws him into a bone crushing hug. This is by far the most intimate Youngjae has ever gotten with Himchan, which says a lot about their friendship. 

"That's great! I knew you had it in you." Himchan congratulates over Youngjae's shoulder as Youngjae confusingly accepts his affections. It had taken quite some time to detach him, but alas, Youngjae had convinced him otherwise if he agreed to spill the beans.

"So what is he planning to do with you?"

"I don't know. He just said to meet him tomorrow after school." Unfortunately, Daehyun didn't go into full detail on what they will be doing, but it sounds very complicated since Youngjae wasn't able to give much information about his love relationships. 

"Say hyung," Youngjae interjects slowly, rubbing the back of his head. "Did Jung Daehyun give you a condition for you to follow when he gave you some advice?"

"Why?" Himchan asked confusingly, 

"I-I'm just curious."

"Huh, I think it was 'bring pickled radishes and kimchi by lunch tomorrow' or something. I don't remember but it was just some strange request." Himchan mused. "Did he tell you to bring something?"

"Oh, y-yeah. Same thing." Youngjae lied, looking down at his shoes as if he found them to be the most amusing thing in the world. He wasn't too sure if it was a good idea to tell Himchan about his real condition, considering he just agreed blindly to have someone guide him into finding a boyfriend. However, the smile on Himchan's face made Youngjae's decision worth it since he was taking steps to change his lifestyleー even though he needed help to do so.

Guess he'll have to ask about the condition tomorrow.

"Also, I've been meaning to ask." Says Himchan, breaking Youngjae away from his thoughts. He blinks and glances at Himchan momentarily as he collects his thoughts, his fingers curling automatically on loose fabric.

"Why are you holding a lunchbox?"

 


A/N: doesn't explain much yet, but there will be more to come once they begin their 'sessions' :3 I hope you all enjoy! Please tell me what you think so far and who is excited about bap's comeback? :D