Chapter 12

All The Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring

 

 

 

Long, slender fingers trace her flawless covers. They were soft, too soft for a person who played an instrument. Breathes fill up her ears, panting, whispering. They take her to another altitude. Cool skin keeps her warm and keeps her moist. There was no other way she would’ve spent the warm foreign night.

 

“Let me take care of you, Hirai Momo—”

 

A million red strands that smelled like the season dangled on her satisfied face topped with words that accompanied her euphoria.

 

“—I want you so bad.”

 

Opening her eyes from an episode of unmitigated pleasure, she saw the woman who imprisoned her between her arms. There was nothing more she could say but admire what could’ve been a work of great sculptors.

 

“Ungh…” She respired at her touch. It was extended, unhurried. Her voice was reaching a crescendo.

 

The other leered at her, seeing how her face relaxed with gratification. But in some nights, what she breathed out was different from what she breathed in. She wasn’t doing it on purpose though. It's that sometimes the name just didn’t match the image.

 

Her mind was a wicked betrayer.

 

She opened her eyes once again—her body pulsing from every ounce of awakened lackluster flesh—to remember the woman above her, to remind herself that she was not with that picture in her unthinking head.

 

She was with Rosie now and it should be Rosie she should be thinking of. 

 

“I love you, Hirai Momo.”

 

The love had gotten stronger, more significant over the days. It wasn’t the tryouts anymore; it was the real ball game. She was aware of the affection she was getting.

 

“I love you, Roseanne Park.”

 

And even with her occasional perceptive lapses, she did. She loved Rosie just as much even if Myoui Mina unwelcomingly appeared in her dreams. 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“So what did you do in Melbourne,” Jungyeon asked, “besides, um, each other?” 

 

Momo blushed, “Well, she took me to the beach and to the zoo and to the places she used to hang out as a teenager. I stayed in her house because her family insisted that I stay with them. It was fun. I’ve never had that much fun in years.”

 

Jungyeon smiled at her salaciously. “Of course you haven’t.”

 

“What?” Momo laughed. “Shut up, Jungyeon. I was glad I had my phone off the entire time because if I hadn’t, you would be bugging me with stupid questions.”

 

“Concentrate on your driving, idiot, or you might make TWICE a seven-member girl group.”

 

She had missed the snarky remarks of her best friends over the holidays. It was different to be around people who were always so kind and polite to her. Jungyeon was really a sarcastic but she missed Jungyeon and she was glad to be home.

 

The two of them were on their way to JYP. Momo had picked up Jungyeon from her apartment that morning. It was back to work again. According to the girls, their comeback preparations had progressed during Momo’s absence. Seoul had plenty of great news that awaited her return.

 

But not everything was worth her smile.

 

“So, Mina got her lease and left while I was away?” She asked Jungyeon as they took a right turn.

 

“Yeah, she asked us to help her pack and stuff.”

 

“Why didn’t she tell me?”

 

“Because she said she didn’t want to ruin your holidays.”

 

“I guess she really meant what she said.”

 

“What did she say?”

 

If she lef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter