Chapter 13

All The Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

For years, Momo knew she belonged to only one person. She gave herself whole to that person. Everything that she was she gave it and handed it on a silver platter. To her, that person deserved the best and that was why she always made herself the best. She gave her best but somehow it was never good enough because this person liked someone else. 

 

It hurt and more years came of lasting hurt until she found someone who thought the best in her was more than enough. And this person showed her that she was more than anyone could ever ask for. She was told she was everything.

 

But lately Momo had been having a hard time because lately those hurtful years weren’t a pain to think about anymore. And it would just be wrong for her to go back and leave what she had built now. She didn’t know what to do but pretend that none of it was happening.

 

Torn—she hoped that the new person in her life would never see the small rips on her edges.  

 

“Hey!” said Rosie over the phone. “It’s Jisoo unnie’s birthday party tonight. Don’t forget.”

 

“Alright, see you later. Love you.” Momo said before pressing the red button on her phone.

 

Rosie had been nothing but a perfect girlfriend and Momo would admit to anyone how much she loved her. Rosie had helped her through a lot and taught her so much like it wasn’t the end of the world if one person didn’t feel the same way about you because you’d eventually find someone who would. Momo was too dumb to realize that and thankfully Rosie was knowledgeable. She had also been so patient and Momo would do anything just to show her how much she cared for her.

 

But Mina was in the dance studio with her. And though Mina was literally doing nothing, Momo couldn’t help but look at her the way she shouldn’t. Mina was there unintentionally dragging her back on the same road Rosie took her from and now she was standing, making her way towards next to Momo.

 

“Was that Rosie?” She asked.

 

“Yup,” Momo answered, avoiding Mina’s eyes. It was taking away half of her human strength not to look at them.

 

“How long have you been together now?”

 

Momo directed her eyes onto something else. The floor would be nice. “Four months,” she said, tracing the cracks on the floor with her foot.

 

“Oh,” Mina said. “That’s great.”

 

“Where are the others? We need to show them the steps to the title track.”

 

“They’re probably on their way.”

 

“Okay.”

 

It was difficult not to be brought back to that old emotional dump when she was working with Mina on their music’s choreography. Most of the time it was just the two of them in the practice room, doing dance moves. Mina’s movements were a huge weakness to Momo.

 

“We should do a run through on the steps again while we wait for them,” she told Mina. Mina nodded and went to play the music.

 

As they danced to the song’s chorus, Mina just stopped and paused the music. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this.”

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” Momo asked, her eyes following the other pick up her bag.

 

“You can teach the others by yourself.”

 

Momo couldn’t be more confused with Mina storming out. She didn’t do anything wrong. She recalled the entire time she and Mina were together inside the practice room, there was nothing that she did to make her leave abruptly like that. Why would Mina do that?

 

She had her feet ready to chase after her but she stayed in her place. Momo knew she shouldn’t. Although she wanted to run after Mina, circumstances weren’t the same. She deemed it was for the better to let Mina go. She already had someone that was there for her.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday! Happy birthday to you~!”

 

The VIP room was packed and everyone was gathered in a circle around this large cake. It was BLACKPINK’s Jisoo’s birthday. Momo stood next to Rosie singing along and wishing the birthday girl a happy birthday.

 

A lot of famous faces were there. Apart from YG artists, idols from other agencies like Red Velvet and NCT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter