Chapter 8

All The Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

 

The same old mornings have come to haunt her. No, not those kinds of mornings. Momo had been celibate since her drunk teary outburst outside of Rosie’s apartment and shockingly just wasn’t in the mood for some intimacy with random people. The sun had been bothering her again and all the more was the aggravating winter that had seem to become more vicious towards her. She would’ve stayed at home like those times she hated the world but she couldn’t be home and half of the reason behind this conviction was the lyrics they had to write for their album that was progressively turning out to be a disaster.

 

It was no use to tap the pencil on the side of her head or bite the pencil. Nothing would ever come out of her mind. It was like her brain was put to a freeze by the ruthless cold. She had been sitting on that chair inside the studio for hours, trying to improve the song that was spitted on by her boss, but her mind refused to cooperate. Her mind was coming up with words for another song she wasn’t supposed to sing.

 

“You seem distracted, unnie.” Tzuyu had been glancing at her intriguingly. 

 

It was just the two of them in the studio at current. The members were getting some food for them at the nearby mart. That evening wasn’t supposed to be Momo’s shift but the uneasiness of the atmosphere she breathed in her apartment had made her take an overtime even when she really didn’t want to. At least, in that way, she could breathe and do some work done if two words on the first verse was considered work done.  

 

“Yeah,” she poked the pencil under her chin. “I guess I am. I’ve had a few things in mind that’s all.”

 

“Oh,” the maknae bobbed her head. “If there’s something you want to talk about, we can take a break. I’m kinda getting tired from looking at these empty sheets of paper. We really are in trouble with this comeback.” She stretched her arms and yawned, her dimples showing on the corner of her cheeks.

 

Momo felt somewhat heartened seeing her dongsaeng like that. Nothing much about her had changed. Except probably for her height. She was way taller than anyone in the group now. Tzuyu was still the lovable maknae they quested to protect. 

 

“Well,” Momo sighed through her nose and looked at Tzuyu wearily. “There is something I want to talk about.”

 

Tzuyu smiled, propping her elbow on the table and leaning on her hand. “Okay, unnie. Tell me about it.”

 

The younger woman was one of those people that made her feel good about herself. Yes, she was a walking goddess that would make you question your entire judgment of your physical appearance but the aura surrounding her would make anyone feel better if they were having a bad day. She was always cheerful and always smiling and would always put anyone in comfort in whatever way. Momo would feel eased talking to Tzuyu. She didn’t have a little sister so maybe that was how it felt like.

 

“Okay,” Momo leaned back on the chair and twirled it to face Tzuyu. She exhaled again, preparing herself for what she was going to say. “It’s about your Mina unnie.”

 

She never talked much about the problems that she was strained with, often keeping it to herself because majority of her problems concerned Mina and Mina was a part of the group which all of her best friends were in. Surely, it was awkward and rather rude on the side of Mina to talk about it with them and so that was why she would go to friends like Rosie who weren’t in the circle she was part of with the rest of TWICE. But Tzuyu anyhow was a member that was detached when giving her opinion. She was in the middle and evaluated both sides before reacting to anything Momo would say. It was a breath of fresh air to let it out of Tzuyu unlike the sermons and the empathy and the disparaging stares she would get out of the other members.

 

“What about Mina unnie?” A small wrinkle between her eyebrows appeared. 

 

Momo ingested the chuck that blocked from answering. “Is she dating anyone right now?”

 

“Hmm,” Tzuyu pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes. “As far as I know, she isn’t.”

 

It wasn’t a victory yet for Momo. She held the internal pompoms tightly before tossing them into the air. Mina wasn’t dating anyone, according to the maknae but that theory only went as far as what she knew. Nothing was verified.

 

“Really? Then what’s she doing with her ex?”

 

“What?” Tzuyu’s eyes grew wide. From her facial reaction, Momo could conclude Tzuyu did not know a lot. “Hanbin oppa? They’re together again?”

 

Momo shrugged ruefully. “She mentioned once that they were going to have lunch. I don’t really know if they’re dating again or whatever.”

 

“Well, we don’t really know. They were together for a long time. But maybe they’re just hanging out as friends though, you know?”

 

Momo wished. Heaven would know how much she chanted this every night since that morning. She just couldn’t watch the same old reruns of this horror special again.

 

“Yeah, they were really close.” She said under her breath. Not wanting to say it but it was true. Hanbin was Mina’s first love.

 

“Don’t dwell on it too much, unnie,” Tzuyu smiled, enlightening her a bit. “I think Hanbin oppa is just helping Mina unnie look for an apartment to live in. I’m very sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter