Interlude 1

All The Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven years ago

 

 

 

She would learn about that so-called word ‘freedom’. Well, it wasn’t freedom exactly. It was just a provision within their contracts that they had to follow in order to keep their jobs. All they had to do was avoid it but some of them were already having a hard time obeying such simple rule sneaking in and out of the dorm and trying not to get caught by their managers. In any case, Momo could feel herself being untied, even if it was just a little. The inhumane dating ban had been lifted and she, along with her members, could finally live somewhat like everyone else.

 

The members began to vanish one by one every night. It was rare to have all nine of them present on a regular Saturday evening. The nonexistent prohibition had taken effect and the girls were getting picked up on dates they weren’t allowed to go to before. Some were K-pop seniors, some were actors, some were idols they debuted with. There was a ton and the girls said yes to each one they were invited to. It had turned into a regular thing, date night, and while this reoccurred almost on a daily basis, Momo stayed at home, turning down every bouquet of flowers and every dinner she had been asked to go.

 

It was just that she didn't want to, or that she didn't care. That was what she usually told the members. But the truth of the matter was that she was already in love and she didn't need to test waters out with other people to know that what she was feeling was true love.

 

Besides Momo, there was another member that wasn’t so enraptured to live out her freedom. And often times it would just be the two of them left in the dorm watching some sappy drama or catching up on sleep. Momo would wonder why she never went out like the other members when literally there were knocks on the door just for her.

 

So one quiet, when seven of the members were out having double dates and single dates and what not, Momo came up to her and asked.

 

“Why don’t you go out, Mina?”

 

Mina looked at her, slowly turning her head, and smiled. They were alone in the living room, some drama with their favorite actor was on. They were quite the fanatics of the particular soap.

 

“I don’t know,” she answered. Her voice sounded frail that night. Momo thought it was probably because of the CF filming she had just gotten from earlier. “I don’t really think I should.”

 

“But why?” Momo didn’t believe it. Mina was one of the prettiest girls in the industry, the prettiest she knew in fact. All the boys wanted to date her and yet there she was in sleepwear that had tiny penguins printed on it. She thought it was cute.

 

“Well,” Mina said with a shrug, turning her attention back on the TV. “I’m just not interested in them.”  

 

Momo laughed. How could someone like Myoui Mina not be interested? But just then, there came an idea in Momo. And this idea would later be something that she would hold in for the next years of her life. It also didn’t help that Mina placed her head on Momo’s shoulder, wrapping her waist with her slender arms. Had her soul flapped up the sky, she wouldn’t have been able to speak next.

 

“But they’re nice guys. You should go out there and meet people, you know. The dating ban is gone.”

 

Mina nestled her face on Momo’s shoulder, tightening her hold of her, and pushing herself closer to her. It was astonishing how Momo could remain in her place without losing her mind. Her heartbeat was becoming sporadic by the second. She watched this girl curl up on her and thought just maybe something might slip out of , som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter