I'm sorry or I love you.

Wonderful Rain

The sound of the rain was constant in the city, with the small drops fluttering against the pavement and making puddles everywhere on the street. The view through the large glass window of the cafeteria was like looking at a moving photograph, with so many colored lights that combined with the darkness of the night sky, with people who came and went across the street to go in all directions, with umbrella in their hands, protecting themselves from a cold wind that didn't seem to exist.

I sat at the table for two in the corner, watching the rain fall.

"Here you go..." Seungyoo set down a cup of coffee on the wooden table, with small threads of steam coming out of the cup as he sat on the high chair in front of me. "It's nice to have a quiet moment, right?"

The warmth of the cup crossed my fingers as I took it lightly between my hands, and it was as if the heat could reach the depths of my being. I smiled faintly at him, because strangely my favorite climate made me feel that way. Lee Seungyoo was my best friend, the brother I never had, and sometimes a father who knew how to give advice and read me easily as an open book.

"I feel kind of strange tonight."

Seungyoo moved his own cup on the table as he thought.

"It's getting complicated." He sighed looking tired suddenly. "I thought a lot about this, you know? And I think you need to be brave and listen to the whole story about them."

Their story was like a ghost prowling my life. I thought about it for many nights, rolling over my bed while in my mind I created hundreds of stories based on one, but the only thing i get were sleepless nights.

"But I don't want to hear the story; I don't think I need it either."

"Honestly..." Seungyoo looked at me affectionately, but as if I was a child too. "I think you do want to hear it, Hope, bur you're just afraid to do it."

Of course I didn't want to hear it because every time I thought about doing it made myself feel sick, but it was also true that I didn't believe that listening to the story was necessary, because I didn't know what I would get if I listened to it. That wouldn't change anything.

"I know I wouldn't like to hear the story, but I don't think it will change our future."

Seungyoo sighed.

"The future is not the direction things are taking, but listen to the story would make you left some things behind and start the married life well."

Seungyoo was right with every word he said, and it was as if he took me to a point where I would have no choice but to talk to Minseok about him and her. Being brave or choosing to live ignoring that moment between them, the second option seemed to be the best option although it wasn't the right one, but it was only a matter of time until I had to choose. I had a secret that I had not compared to anyone but I wanted him to be able to suspect it, maybe to insist a little until I gave up, because to keep quiet was taking me to the edge too.

"I'm scared of the idea of ​​getting married, Seungyoo. I'm afraid to start over in a new place away from home."

"It must be scary." He laughed lightly, just to try to share the feeling. "You'll be fine, Hope, if you're sure you want to marry him, the start of a new home will be easy."

A healing conversation was what I needed right now, and I was glad to have had it with the person with whom I had shared my best and worst moments. For this new night, I felt that the hours had passed and now I could go home and sleep peacefully, until tomorrow would come and maybe the rain would fall again.

"Let's go home." Seungyoo stood up when we finished, grabbing my backpack hanging from the chair beside me. "Did you call the girls to join you tonight?"

I chuckled, standing up, where he waited at my side for me to walk first to the double glass doors. The dates of my family had coincided tonight, leaving the house for me alone.

"I'm not a little girl. I can stay home alone one night."

"If you say so." Seungyoo chuckled, opening the door to let me out first on the cold night that still had moisture in the air after the rain stopped. "As long as you don't think of any horror films."

I gave him a push when he came out too, laughing like a child as I walked to his car parked on the sidewalk, but I watched with a confused expression on the bus that passed in front of my eyes, that had on one of the photographs I had Taken a few days ago. Minseok looked so happy, so smiling, as if he had smiled at me and not at the camera.

"Be proud of your work, Hope." Seungyoo came from behind and opened the car door for me as the gentleman he always was. "That's how you should feel when you see that picture."

"You're right." I was more encouraged when I remembered that I loved taking pictures. That was what I most wanted to do, and I should feel happy to be able to do it. "I'm seeing this from the wrong perspective."

Seungyoo smiled, because he and I knew what that meant: Now maybe, feeling confident after our conversation, I knew I could face what was happening. I got in the car and sat in the soft seat, and he handed me my bagpack before closing the door and walking towards the other door. The night didn't feel so cold and that made me feel better, and I felt good to spend a quiet night at home, alone. Seungyoo got in, he closed the door and then started the car.

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

Seungyoo drove the car carefully, quickly getting lost in the night traffic. Everything was quieter by his side and I liked that, but I liked the idea of having a moment to myself and thinking about the things that were happening.

"I'll be fine." I smiled at him. "Thank you."

"Anytime."

–––––– WONDERFUL RAIN ––––––

Tonight I felt a big difference between those nights where my whole family was at home, sharing a pleasant moment watching TV or just talking in the living room, and now when the only sound and the only light was from the TV while transmitting a drama. I walked from the kitchen to the living room window with a glass of water in my left hand, across the room until I reached two small vases holding the flowers that Minseok and Taeyang had given me. Receiving a little light in the day and at night, standing firm during the last weeks. I spilled a little water in each pot, seeing with some calmness inside me how it was absorbed to the bottom.

Someone knocked on the door suddenly, and the sound made me leap slightly just to look at the door with a confused expression. I left the glass on the window and walked to the door while I dabbed a few drops of my left hand on my skirt, and I opened the door after removing the lock.

"Minseok..." I gasped as I saw him there while he smiled foolishly through his drunkenness. I blinked at him, as if he were a stranger in front of me. "Are you drunk?"

"Maybe a little." He laughed barely holding his own weight as he lifted two fingers - the thumb and forefinger - barely separating them to show me that maybe a little. "I wanted to see you, Hope."

"You wanted to see me in that state? That's so romantic." I sighed deeply before helping him in. "You'd better sit down."

The heat of his hand closed around mine when I took it and Minseok let himself be guided, and I closed the door before taking him to the sofa. He sat there, before falling on his left side. It totally confused me to see him like this, as exposed as never before. He used to take care of himself, all the time, but now, he looked really vulnerable.

"I'm drunk." He looked at me with narrowed eyes from below, with an adorable drunken smile.

"Good thing you noticed." I rolled my eyes at his immaturity, and I sat down on the gray carpet. "What is this, Minseok? You can’t be so irresponsible, boy."

Minseok giggled, but then he sighed loudly as he closed his eyes.

"Don't you have those moments... in which you feel confused by everything that happens around you? As if you needed some time to stop and think, as if nothing seemed real."

I bit my lip, feeling my heart race.

"You have doubts about this, Minseok?"

However, he shook his head, gently.

"Sometimes... I still can’t believe I'm going to marry you, Hope. That was the only thing I wanted during the time we were so happy."

My breath stopped for a moment, but I couldn't ask him if he still had that desire. The time we shared seemed to have been deeper, more precious, and more perfect than I ever thought. Minseok was blinking at me with innocence while I looked in his eyes, if that feeling was still true. He lifted himself on his left elbow, and leaned forward, slowly until his lips touched mine.

It was a soft kiss, but the seconds seemed to pass really fast.

"Your lips taste like coffee." Minseok smiled, leaning back on the couch again. He closed his eyes, and this time he didn't open them again. "I love you, Hope."

My body shuddered at his words, and my chest tightened painfully.

I didn't know what to do: let him sleeps here or call s in case they didn't know if he was okay. I decided to follow the second option and I took my phone from the little table, and I searched on my contacts for Chanyeol's name. His name has a different one, however, and I put the phone against my ear after I touched the call option.

That background melody only lasted for a few seconds until I heard his voice.

"Hello? Hope? Please tell me that Minseok hyung is with you."

I took a few seconds before responding, a little surprised by his quick response.

"Yes. Minseok is here. He is fine, but... he is a little dizzy." 

His voice sounded like a distant whisper, and I realized he was giving s the news that Minseok was fine.

"I'm glad he is with you." He said, and I heard him sigh. "We were calling him but he has the phone off. We'll go pick him up, okay?"

"Okay. I'll see you in a bit then." I hung up the call and left the phone next to me on the carpet. Minseok was breathing deeply while he slept, making a slight sound through his nose. The hair on his forehead was slightly damp, and I brushed his hair back with my hand to wipe some of the little drops. "I hope things get better for us, Minseok."

The time that passed seemed to last an eternity, with the company of the moon and the light that entered through the window, making shine the small leaves of the flowers. I sat there feeling tired suddenly after a long day's work. Right now I realized that I was tired, but having him here with me, in a way that I had never seen, made me realize and questioned many things at the same time. I wanted to be with him because I never stopped loving him, but I wasn't supposed to do things like this to him.

There was a knock on the door again and I stood in silence to walk toward it. I opened the door and found two faces that smiled courteously. Suho and Chen were here, but I could see the concern in their eyes. I stepped aside to let them in, and they came in to see how Minseok was, but the relief filled their bodies when they saw that he was fine while Suho leaned over to check on him.

"Yah. Silly. I told you to take care of yourself." He said gently to Minseok and then he looked at me. "Thanks for taking care of him, Hope; we'll take him home now so he can rest."

I nodded toward him.

"Of course."

Suho gently woke him up with the affection of a brother, murmuring things, telling him that everything was fine and that they would go home now. Minseok sat down on the couch again, looking at them with narrowed eyes as if he was confused, or as if he didn't know what they were doing here.

"Hope, why are they here?"

Chen laughed softly.

"What are you talking about? We're here to take you home." Chen took him by the arm and helped him to his feet, smiling at Minseok as if he were a small child. "In a few hours you'll be embarrassed by this, hyung."

Minseok stepped back and narrowed his eyes at the heaviness of his eyelids, and he looked in my direction.

"Hope, tell them I'm staying with you."

The boys couldn't believe what they were hearing because Minseok had never acted like this. We all knew him well enough to know that he had never acted that way - in a childish way. I grabbed my red scarf from the couch and walked over to him, looking at him affectionately as if he was a baby, and I touched his right arm gently.

"Let's get you home, okay?" I said gently placing the scarf around his neck. It was cold tonight and in his condition he could get a cold again. "... That way you can sleep well tonight."

Minseok smiled slightly at me, smiling like a little boy.

"Wow..." Chen said. "The power you have over him is bigger than I thought."

Suho helped him to walk to the door. I took my gray jacket from the sofa and walked to the entrance too, where I took the keys from the table and I closed the door behind us.

"Is your family at home, Hope?" Chen asked, walking down the hall to the elevator.

"No. They are out." I replied as I pulled on my coat that fell below my waist. 

"You are alone so late at night?" He asked in surprise.

I chuckled, wanting to tell him that I was a big girl.

"My parents have a guard at the hospital all night, my sister and her husband have a date, and my grandfather has a meeting with some friends."

The elevator opened in front of us and Suho helped Minseok in, where Minseok leaned against the back wall with his eyes closed because of fatigue, then Chen waited for me to come in first before he did. He pressed the button on the lobby and the doors closed again. The elevator sank into a complete silence, where I could hear my breathing in the small place. Every situation like this was hard to believe while I was living it, and although someone had told me that this would happen, I definitely wouldn't have believed it. The elevator doors opened and Minseok and Suho came out first, and just like the first time, Chen stepped aside to let me out.

"You have been surprised to see him like this?" Chen said quietly, as Suho pushed the glass door so they would go out in the cold night. "He said he would come to see you but I didn't think he would do it in that state."

"I was a little surprised, actually..." I said as we left the building as well. "But I was worried about seeing him like that. I've never seen him drunk."

"We did, once." He confessed, walking down the stairs to the sidewalk, laughing in the way I had heard him on TV. "Minseok hyung is very funny when he drinks. We wanted to record him the last time."

I chuckled until we got to the car parked on the sidewalk, where Suho had already helped Minseok sit in the backseat. Suho pulled away a little, and I flexed my knees slightly to look at him before he left.

"Listen to what they tell you, Minseok." I said, as if I were talking to one of the children in the hospital. "Go home and rest, okay?"

But Minseok shook his head, his eyebrows gathering in a sad expression. His hand took mine and its warmth ran through my body.

"Come with me, please."

"Minseok..." I tried to find a sweet phrase that would make him feel better but his look was like seeing a puppy, and then I looked to my left side where his friends were, to mutter under my breath. "Can you help me?"

"Can I record this?" Chen asked Suho, also whispering. "Please?"

Suho shook his head and smiled at Minseok.

"Hope will go with us, Minseok. Go back so she can sit too."

I frowned in surprise at Suho, feeling as Minseok gently pulled my hand. Suho smiled at me and circled the car, while Chen laughed briefly with his familiar laughter before speaking.

"Don't worry, Hope, we'll bring you back home."

Minseok stepped back and I got into the car. Chen closed the door and entered the passenger seat. Suho the car and drove it onto the empty street, leaving my home behind in seconds. Minseok was still holding my hand, his fingers tickling the back of it as he touched my fingers. He looked thoughtful, calm, but mostly tired as he looked at a particular place: the place where the ring was going to be. Minseok smiled wearily, and without seeing it come, he lay down in the seat, resting his head on my legs.

I knew the others had seen what had just happened but I didn't dare to look up, so I just concentrated on brushing his blonde hair gently until we get to their dorm.

–––––– WONDERFUL RAIN ––––––

Sitting on one of the chairs in the kitchen table in EXO's dorm, and as Chen told the story about Minseok's state; I smiled at the funny white cup full of chocolate in front of me that had the eyes, Nose and the smile of a snowman drawn, and the written phrase: I would melt for you. Sitting beside me, Chanyeol slammed his cup lightly against mine before drinking from his cup and I laughed lightly. Sitting in front of me, Baekhyun drank from his cup, painting a funny mustache on his lips, smiling at me. I pretended to scratch my nose to hide my laughter, appreciating the way they tried to make me smile.

"Hope?" Suho entered the kitchen, smiling slightly. "Can you come?"

I nodded.

"Yes, of course." I said, standing up, but I stopped for a few seconds before walking to take the cup. "But I take this with me."

The boys chuckled and we left the kitchen, walking down the hall to get to Minseok's room.

"Is he better?"

He nodded.

"Yes, but he just wants to see you. Minseok thinks you left without saying goodbye."

I giggled at the childish in which that Minseok was acting, and Suho opened the door of his room to let me in first. The place was as clean as always, only with the light of his lamp lit and lighting up the place, and I walked to the bed where he was lying on his stomach with his arms under the pillow, until he felt me ​​arrive, and then he got up on his elbow with a faint smile on his tired face.

"Hope... I thought you were gone."

I set the cup on the bedside table, and sat down on the bed to brush his hair back.

"Lay down." I rested my hand on the back of his neck to guide him and he lay back, and I brushed his hair again just like my mother did with me when I was a child, talking softly to him. "Close your eyes, Minnie. You must be tired and you need to rest."

I kept saying those phrases that mom used to tell me with a slow, calm rhythm, still brushing his hair until he fell asleep. It was like seeing a little child, so innocent, and I wished silently that he would have a good night before I stood up carefully and quietly. Suho was still at the door; I picked up the cup and switched off the lamp on the nightstand before leaving, where he closed the door gently.

"You're good at this, Hope." He said as we walked down the hall to the living room. "You totally surprised me."

I laughed lightly drinking from the cup.

"My mom used to do that to me when I was a child."

"Minseok says your mom is very sweet."

I smiled at him, and I really appreciated that Minseok spoke well of my mother.

"She is."

We arrived at the room where the boys were watching tv, but they seemed more interested in our arrival.

"Is Minseok hyung sleeping?" Baekhyun asked.

Suho nodded pointedly at me.

"Woa... Chen hyung was right." Said D.O, looking really innocent. "Hope noona has powers over hyung."

They all made that Woah sound full of innocence.

"That's not true." I shook my head, drinking from the cup for the last time. "And I'd better go."

Suho nodded because he and Chen had promised to take me home even though I had insisted that that was not necessary. Chen wouldn't go with us, but he came up to me and took the cup from my hands, leaving in my left hand a small folded paper that no one else noticed. I wished them all goodnight, and they did the same to me before bowed as farewell and Suho and I walked down the hall to the door. He handed me my coat that hung in the doorway and I folded it on my arm, hiding my hand there as he opened the door for me.

"It's been a long night, huh?" He asked quietly after closing the door.

I laughed lightly, but my hand stung from curiosity to read the note.

–––––– WONDERFUL RAIN ––––––

Minseok hyung wanted to tell you everything that happened between him and that girl, but I think he was not able to do it. Ask him yourself, I know you are brave and you can do it, only then you both can have a good life together as a family. - Chen.

It was a quiet night in the mall for the girls and for me as we walked around the place going into the shops that I didn't want to get in and buying the clothes that I didn't want to buy. The night seemed to shine through the glass ceiling of the huge place, with many stars that people didn't seem to notice. Each time we paused, my mind re-read the words on that little piece of paper, sending me away, but I had to be brave as Seungyoo had said, just as Chen wrote it.

If he couldn't do it, should I?

In the end I decided that I would do it.

"It's unbelievable that the wedding will be over in a couple of days and we didn't have a bachelorette party." Danny said, pausing in front of the window of a large store. "Un - believable."

Sophia laughed beside her, shaking her head.

"What do you say, Hope?" She asked, watching a short black dress on a mannequin. "Should we make one?"

The idea wasn't as enticing to me as it was to them.

"Well I…"

"Yes, we should!" Danny lifted a finger so sure of herself, and without another word, she entered the store.

Sophia followed her, so I had to follow her too. I laughed to myself because I didn't do what other people wanted, so I knew that part of me, a small part, maybe wanted to have a little party. I walked around the place to get lost in the dresses of the place, thinking that it was very different to spend a night with the girls and spend a night with Seungyoo, with him everything was quieter.

I found a dress that caught my eye. It was a simple dark blue dress, with a fine tulle skirt and a cherry blossom design on it, and the shoulders were lacy in design. I passed my hands under and over the tulle fabric feeling the softness in my hands; it was so soft, so perfect.

"It's a beautiful dress."

My soul froze there when I heard Sunhi's voice, her joyous voice as false as her joy of seeing me there. I looked over my right shoulder and she came up to me, smiling at the dress as well.

"It's been a while, unnie."

"Yeah. You're right." I nodded to her, but deep down I wanted to end the conversation right there. "How have you been, Sunhi?"

"Fine, thank you." She smiled, showing me a false smile, making me wonder why she was talking to me if she didn't like me. "I hope you do too. Though my brother talks about you, so I don't think I need an answer."

I never thought to hear that Taeyang talks to anyone about me. Even so, her lack of cordiality surprised me, but at the same time it didn't. I hoped that my discomfort wouldn't be noticed in my face, because that would give her the opportunity to continue this, and actually, enjoy it.

"I found out that the wedding will be in a few weeks, unnie." Her cold voice didn't go unnoticed in my ears, as if she were repressing any feelings she might be experiencing now. "Could you talk with Minseok Oppa about us?"

That question stopped me there, making me think about what I was about to do tonight, or maybe tomorrow. Asking Minseok what had happened between him and Sunhi could make us go on, or just make us wake up from this fantasy. The truth was necessary, but listening from her made me feel a knot in my stomach.

I squeezed my eyes for a quick moment before looking directly at her.

"Why don't you tell me?" I asked gently, as if I really wanted to hear the story. "Of course you're dying to tell me."

Sunhi exhaled and she laughed like a child.

"Well... it's a long story. Where should I start?"

Her false innocence was ending my patience, but she wanted to play like that, slowly as a torture. Part of me knew how to stay calm so I wouldn't get into her game.

"Why don't you tell me the best part of it?"

Sunhi smiled at me, feeling in me the confidence I had, and I knew she would say something to try to hurt me.

"There was a time... when he got drunk." She giggled at the memory and her words sent a pang of pain to my stomach. "So cute, he's more adorable being like that, you know? He is like a little boy. Minseok Oppa looked a bit confused, but he was so sweet, I even believed when he said he loved me."

As an untrained actress, I made my face not show any expression when I heard her words, although the desire to bite my lip almost gave away the best performance of my life. A lump formed in my throat but I didn't swallow it, showing an emotionless expression, as if she were lying even though it sounded very real in my ears.

"Well... it seems he didn't mean it, did he?" I shrugged, almost gazing at her kindly. "Words are easy to pronounce, Sunhi, like empty promises or false statements of affection."

Even if he didn't know it or he could no longer believe in it, my love for him was real and sincere as the "I love you too" that I was going to pronounce that night after Minseok did it, but now, I was becoming the target of my own words.

"You're right, unnie." She looked at me with pity, and I knew I wouldn't like what she was going to say. "You must beware of false promises as well. Say them or to listen to them... lying is wrong and you could continue to hurt someone. Sometimes... a sorry it's not enough." She sighed heavily, looking around before smiling at me. "You should buy the dress."

And without saying more, she left.

I was glad to see that the girls hadn't noticed Sunhi's presence, and for some strange reason I laughed tiredly though nothing was amusing, and I decided to buy the dress for the party we were going to have. It would be the perfect excuse to distract me for a while, and spend a good time next to my friends.

–––––– WONDERFUL RAIN ––––––

The night breeze felt cool in the quiet neighborhood as Taeyang walked me home, walking quietly along the sidewalk with a sky full of stars. My high-heeled boots made a slight sound on the pavement with every step I took, and I put my hands into the pockets of the dress, feeling my body more relaxed in this silent night. The loud music of the club vibrated my chest to the rhythm of the song, sending a tickle that ran all over my body that made me shudder. As a first experience it was fine, as Dad told me before leaving home, but now I just wanted to get in and rest even though it was only 11 at night.

"So... Did you have fun tonight?" I asked with some mockery in my voice. Taeyang didn't seem comfortable in that place until he found his own pace. "I didn't know you danced so well."

Taeyang let out a laugh and the hair on his forehead moved slightly. His hands were tucked into the pockets of his black pants, and he looked at me with an almost sarcastic smile.

"Are you making fun of me, Hope?"

I shook my head.

"Of course not, Taeyang."

He chuckled.

"How long were we there? One hour?"

I checked my imaginary wrist watch.

"Hour and a half, I think."

"Hour and a half..." He nodded thoughtfully. "That's enough for this year."

Taeyang and I used to agree on several things although people said that we seemed to be very different, but that was what I liked about him. Our similarities were like a secret in the eyes of others. Working together had allowed me to discover more about him, in his manner of speaking or even in his silences: things about him that others could never guess.

"Thank you for inviting me, Hope." Taeyang stopped in front of my home building and close to his car, smiling slightly in a totally different way. "I don't really like parties, but... being with you is always fun." 

His great kindness to me behind his appearance made me smile.

"Since you helped me get a job I got to know you better... and I'm glad I did it, you know? Because I like being with you too." I took my hands from my pockets and took his arms gently. "Thank you for everything you did for me, Taeyang."

Maybe it was a bit too much, but I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him slightly, because I felt it that way, because although I didn't give much hugs, I felt I wanted to give him one. Taeyang chuckled, and I felt his arms around me too, in a tender embrace that I thought he wouldn't give me back.

"Hope?"

I recognized his voice, although my mind took time to process that he really was here so late. Taeyang pulled away from me looking at someone behind me, and I felt my breath catch as I turned. Seeing him there I was aware that his black car was parked close to us, and he walked to where we were.

"Minseok..." I my lip before I spoke. It was dry by the big surprise. "I didn't know you were here."

Minseok looked at Taeyang with a hard look, who didn't look very friendly either.

"I called you but you didn't answer..." And he looked at me. "I think I came at a bad time."

"I think I'd better go." Taeyang said, but he softened his gaze when he looked at me. 

"Yeah. It will be the best." Minseok's words were so hard, that even looking at him I couldn't accept that he had said that.

"Minseok..."

But Taeyang wasn't surprised by the answer, and he frowned.

"Hey... it's you who came out of nowhere. It's not me who came to interrupt something."

Minseok took a deep breath and his body tensed.

"I didn't interrupt anything because there is nothing between you two."

My mouth threatened to open in surprise.

"Guys, please." My shoulders fell as I sighed, but they both waited for me to continue. Their words were so hard, and it was frustrating for me to think that the problem they had wasn't because of me - Or maybe it was. "Just stop, please... Why are you doing this?"

Taeyang sighed deeply.

"Is this about Sunhi, Minseok, or about Hope? Because if it's about my sister, we don't have to do this in front of Hope."

Those words were like a punch to Minseok, and for me too, but Taeyang seemed to be right while I thought he had just read my mind.

"Not everything happened as your sister told you." Minseok kept a firm stare at Taeyang. "The difference is that between Sunhi and I there is nothing, but I can’t say the same of you two."

Minseok looked in my direction, but he had no right to bother like that because I had never asked him for explanations - or maybe he had the right after I left 4 years ago without telling him why.

He didn't seem to be able to trust me at times, but after all, Minseok had reason to be it.

"Well..." Minseok exhaled a hard laugh when I didn't respond. "I'd better go."

Minseok looked at me in a very different way, causing my stomach to squeeze, and he turned and walked to his car. It was as if he had taken the air with him, because it was difficult for me to breathe, and then his car disappeared down the street in seconds.

I ran my hands over my face and brushed my hair back with my fingers.

"I'm so sorry, Hope." Taeyang put his hand on my arm in a gentle touch. "Are you okay? Do you want to go in?"

I shook my head and sat down on the second step of the entrance.

"I’m fine. I... I just need a moment."

Taeyang sat down beside me, his presence making me company on the cold night. It was a constant tug-of-war between Minseok and me, and the days kept going, the time was still running out and doubts were still here. The weight on my shoulders was getting heavier, but I realized that I only had one last chance before I couldn't take a step back. It was all or nothing. Everything would be summed up in an "I'm sorry, I can't marry you." Or in an "I love you. I will marry you."

I was going to do it.

I was going to ask what happened between them and hear the whole story.


Hey, it's been awhile since the last chapter.
Hope you like this new one ^-^