amber

White Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun paced the length of the bubble tea shop as they waited. Krystal had her head in her hands, and Amber was sitting in a chair with her legs crossed, still looking smug as hell. Sehun and Amber had even pulled down the shutters and turned off all the cameras in the store just in case.

 

“...And they wait for the four horsemen to arrive…” Amber murmured ominously.

 

Krystal looked up and narrowed her eyes at her. Sehun scoffed. “Four horsemen? Does that make me the Apocalypse?”

 

“Of course not! I’m the Apocalypse! Didn’t you hear me say I’m the one that bestowed you guys with your superpowers so you can kick ?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “That's not even accurate, you—”

 

The sudden flicker in the air caused all three of them to freeze, and the resultant white smoke brought the four men they’d been waiting for.

 

The four newcomers and Sehun stared at each other, neither party making a move.

 

Amber sighed exaggeratedly. “Boys, so ing stupid with their emotions. Just hug each other already!”

 

Suho was the first the move, taking two long strides and pulling the much taller boy into a rough embrace. The rest of the boys followed suit, and they all ended up in a messy group hug.

 

“Aw, that's pretty cute, isn't it?” Amber nudged Krystal, giggling at the way the others manhandled Sehun and half-heartedly chided him for leaving alone.

 

Krystal looked at the group and nodded, a small smile coming to her face. Yes, it definitely was cute.

 

As she glanced between the five boys, her eyes met with one of them, and she felt her breath catch in and the intensity of his onyx gaze.

 

Kai broke free from the rest, slowly walking up to Krystal. He stood in front of her, words dying on his tongue as he took in her appearance. She looked exactly the same, straight brown hair, clear bright eyes, hooked nose, and pretty lips.

 

Krystal took the chance to survey him as well. His black hair had grown longer, bangs messily touching his eyes. His blonde roots had grown out, too, showing that he’d neglected re-dyeing them. She remembered asking how it was possible for them to grow blonde hair, being of Asian descent, but he had explained that their powers caused the natural bleaching of their dark hair.

 

Kai swallowed. “I’m going to hug you,” he said lowly, voice only reaching her ears. She nodded slowly, and he grabbed her arm, pulling her up from her seat. In the next moment, he was hugging her, pressing her head into his muscular chest while his other arm wrapped around her waist.

 

Krystal brought her arms out and upwards, resting her hands just under his shoulder blades. He was incredibly warm, and he seemed to be shudder when her cold skin touched his.

 

“Just kiss already!” Chen hollered, and the moment was shattered. Krystal jumped away immediately, glaring and Chen and Amber as the howled with laughter.

 

Yixing came into view then, smiling his familiar dimpled smile. He pulled her into a friendly hug, patting her back lightly. “I missed you, Jung. Glad you're doing well.”

 

It was Suho’s turn to hug her next, and he did it quickly, arms barely touching her back before he moved away. He smiled apologetically, “I guess our decision was a little stupid, wasn’t it? Looks like you found us in the end.”

 

“It was Kai’s idea,” Chen shrugged, going up to Krystal and pulling her into a rough hug. “Just saying.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Krystal sent an aimed kick into his shin and he tore away from her, hobbling and crying in pain.

 

“Ow, ! Jesus, Krystal, stop being so violent.”

 

“Oh, by the way, this is Amber,” Sehun introduced, pushing the tomboyish girl out in front of him. Amber grinned and waved.

 

After they finished the round of introductions, they finally managed to sit down, joining a few tables in the small shop together.

 

“First things first, how did Krystal find Sehun?”

 

“It was by coincidence, really,” she began, “I just wanted to get bubble tea, and then I realised that when Amber made Sehun annoyed, the note I’d placed on the table flew up and swayed like it was in the wind, before falling back onto the counter.”

 

Sehun glared at Amber like everything was her fault, but Amber raised her hands defensively. “You’re the one that needs to get your powers under control, not me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter