brain freeze

White Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Chen and Lay did when they arrived was to dodge the body flying at them.

They literally dove to the side, while Kai simply teleported out of the way.

Sehun crashed to the ground. Blood was dripping from the corner of his mouth.

“Sehun!” Lay hurriedly crawled back and kneeled beside the boy, whose face was scrunched in a grimace of pain. Lay’s hands were already glowing as he assessed the damage.

Chen looked in the direction Sehun had come from in surprise. There D.O. was, struggling to stand up from the crater he had formed when he, too, crashed to the ground.

“Sehun, , stay with us,” Kai appeared next to the aerokinetic.

Sehun grinned, the motion causing him to wince in pain. “At least… I… brought him down…”

“Give us space,” Lay told Kai and Chen, causing them to take a step away from the healer and his patient.

Kai turned to Chen. “Do you see the problem now?!”

Chen looked like he still couldn’t believe his eyes as he surveyed the battlefield. To say they had ripped mother nature apart was an understatement. Some of the greenery were still burning with flames, while the earth had literally been remodelled, with holes the size of small craters littering the area. And, of course, D.O.’s rock jungle.

He could see Chanyeol in the far corner, the ground around him already drying up and cracking from the heat. Xiumin was standing a few meters away, and it was only then Chen realised that actual snow was falling from the sky.

Chen understood immediately what Chanyeol was trying to do.

He squared his shoulders. He raised a hand with curled fingers. Dark clouds began to gather. Chen caught Chanyeol’s eye, and gave a nod.

The two boys let loose a shout as they gathered their powers.

Lightning struck and heat rose.

The combined heat from the lightning and Chanyeol’s heat waves in that instant was finally enough to stop the snow.

Xiumin flew backwards at the impact of their combined attack, smashing into one of D.O.’s rock pillars.

“, was that too much?” Chen panicked as he began to run towards the cloud of dust.

An icicle shot out in the next second, and Chen barely had time to react as he instinctively directed a bolt of electricity to break up the ice.

Xiumin emerged from the debris, a murderous look on his face. Blood was running down the side of his face, and his left arm was strangely limp, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Uh, Xiumin, I think you broke something…” Chen pointed out as he began to back away.

Xiumin clenched his fist. An array of icicles of different lengths and thickness formed behind Xiumin. They all had one thing in common—sharp ends that were directed at Chen.

“....”

Electricity flew around him like a shield, breaking the frozen weapons apart when they came into contact. Baekhyun rushed to help him then, solidifying and increasing his narrow beams of light so they became lasers, cutting easily through the ice.

While Baekhyun and Chen were busy with Xiumin, Kai took the opportunity to sneak up behind D.O. He hooked his arm around D.O.’s neck. His grabbed onto his other bicep to tighten the chokehold.

D.O. resisted immediately, his body struggling as his hand came up to grip Kai’s arm painfully.

Come on, pass out, pass out, pass out…

A blunt impact his Kai’s side, and the pain made him loosen his grip. A second boulder smashed into Kai and pushed him away from D.O.

As a rock dome akin to the one that had trapped Baekhyun began to form around him, Kai hurriedly teleported away. He appeared behind Suho, who was now attacking D.O.’s left with blasts of water. On D.O.’s other side, Chanyeol began to send balls of fire.

The two opposing elements began to close in on D.O., and he gritted his teeth as he formed rocks and boulders to block the attacks.

“Kai!”

Kai spun around at Lay’s shout, a hand clutching his injured side. He shut his eyes and teleported despite the pain, and fell to the ground beside Lay.

The pain in Kai’s side melted into a pleasant warmth, and he finally felt he could breath properly as his fractured ribs healed.

“Kai, Kai!” Lay was saying, and Kai focused his eyes on his friend’s urgent frown. “I have a plan! Bring me to Suho!”

Kai obliged immediately. He brought them up behind Suho.

“I can heal their minds!” Lay shouted over the commotion of the fight, “but I can only do it when they’re distracted! Drive him into the stream and hold him there!”

Suho directed a quick glance back, and gave a nod.

“I’ll tell Chanyeol.” Kai offered, and teleported to Chanyeol’s side.

The two element manipulators began to gradually shift the directions of their attacks. In a fit of rage, D.O. continued to parry the flames and waves, unaware that they were driving him backwards, away from the mountains and closer to the stream.

Closer, and closer, and closer—

D.O. fell into the stream with a loud splash, and immediately Suho took control, whirlpool columns around D.O.’s limbs holding him in place. Lay was already in position at the bank.

In D.O.’s moment of surprise and confusion, Lay placed his hands on either side of his head, and closed his eyes.

D.O.’s scream echoed through the field.

The earth began to tremour. D.O. continued to thrash around, and a frown etched between Lay’s brows as he increased the usage of his powers.

“Lay, whatever you’re doing, speed it up!” Kai yelled, eyes darting around at the rocks that were beginning to fall from the mountains. “We don’t want another earthquake!”

Lay’s eyes opened just a silver. “Get me a knife!”

“A—what?”

“Knife! Now!”

Instantly, Kai teleported away and back, ing the hilt of a kitchen knife into Lay’s outstretched hand.

“Hold his head!” Lay commanded. Chanyeol held the struggling D.O. in place.

Lay raised the knife. His eyes flew open.

Blood oozed as he sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter