electronics

White Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the lunch hour rush at Dasa Station when they arrived.

 

Kai had teleported them a distance away from the station, in between a few houses. They easily blended into the crowd as they headed into the station, keeping their heads down. Yixing gave a discreet nod before he slipped away, since he technically was not known to have escaped with Kai.

 

Krystal tried her best to follow Kai as he navigated through the crowd, but she kept being jostled by the countless people pushing past. Kai seemed to notice that she was lagging behind, and reached back to grab her wrist, pulling her flush to his side.

 

“Stay close,” he spoke lowly.

 

She flushed and nodded. Although she wasn’t exactly comfortable with sticking to a man she barely knew, she thought it was infinitely better than being pushed about by sweaty bodies.

 

“Do you know where to find your friends’ messages?” she asked, tugging on his arm.

 

He risked a contemplative glance around the area.  “I have a few guesses.”

 

She raised an eyebrow. “Let’s hope one of them is right.” She continued to let Kai drag her through the relatively small station, her eyes wandering around. It was her first time in Daegu, and she was honestly kind of disappointed that there would be practically zero sightseeing.

 

The brunette’s eyes caught a shop selling accessories across the room, and she tugged on his arm again. He looked down at her curiously, immediately giving her all of his attention, and she felt herself wavering a little at his gaze.

 

Krystal pointed a finger in the direction of the shops. “We should get caps,” she told him, already pulling him towards the shop, “it’s Fugitive 101.”

 

He laughed at that but followed nonetheless, and they soon came to a stop in front of the shop. There were a variety of different types of caps available, but only one stood out to her. She reached out immediately and grabbed the black low profile baseball cap.

 

“What, no pink?” Kai picked up a cap of said colour, waving it in front of her face.

 

“Ew, no way,” her face scrunched up into disgust, “you can get it if you want to, though. Pink Jongin, how cute.”

 

His response was a cheeky grin. “We’ll take two of the black ones and this pink one, too,” he told the store assistant, already taking out his wallet to pay. Krystal looked at him incredulously, but he didn’t spare her a glance as her ripped the tags off of the hats. He then grabbed the black baseball cap she’d been holding, turning to her. She eyed him suspiciously, but he only placed the hat on her head wordlessly, tucking her hair out of the way.

 

“...What are you doing,” she deadpanned. His serious expression cracked immediately, and he pulled the bill of the cap all the way down to cover her entire face. “Hey!”

 

She pushed the cap back upwards, only to see him looking away. She snapped out of her daze as the store assistant passed her the remaining two caps that had been placed into a bag, and she thanked the store assistant hastily.

 

As she looked up, however, Kai was nowhere to be seen, and she panicked a little (a lot) as she whipped her head around wildly. It turned out he wasn’t even that far away from her. He was squatting beside the entrance of the shop, facing the wall and peering into the floor.

 

Walking up to him, she took revenge and pulled the other black cap over his head. “What are you looking at?”

 

He pulled her down by the arm and she stumbled, but squatted next to him successfully. He then reached his hand towards a small gap between the floor and the wall. Using a single finger, he gently pried a small piece of paper out.

 

“Wow,” Krystal breathed. “I’m not sure if your friend is insane for putting it there or if you’re more insane for being able to find it.”

 

He gave her an amused look, before he turned back to the piece of paper. It was roughly the size of a post-it note, but it was completely empty. He passed the paper to her, and she took it questioning, flipping it this way and that as if words would magically appear.

 

“Are you sure this is your friend’s message? Or are you just randomly digging into walls? I was about to be impressed for a second there but—oh.”

 

Kai had produced a small flashlight and was shining it from the bottom. He grinned as words appeared where the light shone.

 

“You guys really are insane.”

 

He laughed and stood up, Krystal following after. She passed him the paper and he took it, moving the flashlight under it slowly.

 

“Kim... Jong...Dae... is now... working at… Yoo Electronics… in Daegu,” he read. He looked at her, surprised. “He’s still here in Daegu.”

 

“Which one is Kim Jongdae? Is it the Suho guy or the Chen guy?”

 

Kai shrugged. “Can’t be sure, but I do have a hunch.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

He looked back at the piece of paper, the word ‘Electronics’ jumping out at him, and he smirked. “Yeah.”

 

 

-

 

 

They regrouped with Yixing not long after, who was holding a similar piece of paper between fingers.

 

“This one just says they got out safe, and they plan to stay in Daegu for a bit,” Yixing told them, waving the paper in front of him.

 

“We found the follow up,” Kai replied, “a Kim Jongdae is working in an electronics store.”

 

Both of them seemed to be highly amused by the statement, as they shared knowing grins. Krystal only raised an eyebrow at their behaviour.

 

“Don’t worry, Krystal. You’ll understand once you meet him,” Yixing reassured. “Did you find any other notes?”

 

Kai shook his head negative, and it was then Yixing finally noticed the matching baseball caps K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter