Contaminated

Myungjong Drabbles [Discontinued]

  He didn't want to do this. 
  He really, really didn't want to do this. One look at all the determined faces of his group members though, and he knew that he had to strengthen his resolve. No matter how painful this would be from him. 
  He gripped the gun tightly in his hand as he looked at the figure in front of them, staggering to its feet. He grit his teeth as Hoya launched a half-assed but still very powerful swing at it, causing it to fall back to the ground. 
  Where its nose had been broken, it seemed to fix itself right away as a manic grin spread onto its face. Hoya cursed, jumping away from it and back towards their group. 
  "Myungsoo, are you ready?" Sunggyu asked, a hand on his shaking shoulder. Myungsoo closed his eyes, knuckles white. 
  "You know you have to do this. The only one who is capable of intercepting his defences are you," Woohyun said firmly, though not sympathetically. Myungsoo let out a rattling breath, nodding his head as he willed the tears away. 
  He stepped in front of the rest, breath hitching as crazed eyes met his. They screamed of bloodlust and thirst for power. They screamed the need to kill. 
  "Give me... Power! Make me strong!" 
  And that's when Myungsoo knew he could run away no longer. He would not let him live such a life filled of hatred and evil and everything associated to what he fought alongside him for. Humanity. 
  It happened quickly. One moment Myungsoo was there, and the next he was not. Unlike Myungsoo, the figure seemed to be disoriented, making the former's job much easier. He pressed his back against his own chest, gun right at the other's heart. 
  "Goodbye, Sungjong." He whispered, tears falling from his eyes as he pulled the trigger, a loud sound echoing around the room. He felt Sungjong's body slump against his, and he fell to the ground, clutching it tightly as he sobbed. 
  He pressed Sungjong's head to his chest, threading fingers through the younger's hair. It had been his fault. If only he had been watching out for Sungjong more, if only he had insisted on following Sungjong out for guard duty, then Sungjong wouldn't have been contaminated. 
  He felt a hand rest on his shoulder and looked up at Sungyeol, eyes shining with understanding after having gone through the same torment of killing the one you love. 
  Myungsoo sniffled, wiping his tears and putting a brave face on as he brought the walkie talkie to his mouth, taking a deep breath. 
  "Agent 112 reporting. Kim Sungjong has been put down. Signing out."

A/N: So yep Sungjong and Myungsoo were married (engaged maybe) in this. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK