Eight

Going After Kim Taeyeon

Tiffany is back home and is currently in her room all ready to turn in for the night. Dinner was long over, Michelle is asleep for over an hour already but Tiffany is wide awake, grinning, sighing, and trying to calm herself down. She’s aware she should be sleeping already but she can’t help replaying the time she spent in Taeyeon’s house.

 

Taeyeon and Mrs. Kim insisted for her to have dinner with their family, even Hayeon tried to shyly invite her but Tiffany politely declined giving her best smile. Although she wanted nothing but to prolong her time with Taeyeon she didn’t want to intrude in their family time especially since it’s her first time at the Kim household and although everybody was very friendly and accommodating towards her she’s still uncomfortable, especially after what she learned that afternoon. It got very awkward, she couldn’t stop spazzing internally after hearing what he had to say.

 

Jiwoong knocked on his sisters’ bedroom when Tiffany and Taeyeon were finalizing their report, the two girls almost finished with their task. Hayeon was also still there, silently playing games on her older sister’s tablet. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary at first, they got introduced, Tiffany fangirled for a bit thinking how much of a blessing the day has been for her. First seeing Taeyeon looking hot and cute in casual clothing, then meeting her crush’s mother and imagining Taeyeon in her forties, then being blessed with Taeyeon’s mini-me and her imagining her and Taeyeon’s future children of course, she also got to meet Taeyeon male version and of course she got to spend time with Taeyeon inside her room, given they weren’t alone for the majority of her stay and they were working on something for school, still Tiffany felt like she must be the luckiest person ever. Tiffany was so cheerful she honestly didn’t know how she managed to contain her feelings and was able to go home without pouncing Kim Taeyeon.

 

By the time Jiwoong and her got introduced she felt like the day couldn’t get any better but boy was she wrong, was she so so wrong.

 

 

 

*knock knock

 

“Come in!” Taeyeon called out.

 

“Taeyeonie~ got my flash drive ready? Oh who do we have here? Good afternoon.” Jiwoong politely greeted Tiffany.

 

“Yeah oppa let me get it for you. This is Tiffany Hwang my classmate, we’re working on a report together. Tiffany meet my older brother Jiwoong oppa.” Taeyeon introduced the two to each other and got up to get her brother’s flash drive on her desk.

 

“Good afternoon Jiwoong-ssi, please feel free to call me Tiffany.” Tiffany got up to greet Jiwoong politely. Once seated again, she glanced worriedly at Taeyeon and wondered why she seemed nervous all of a sudden, to others the girl might look normal but Tiffany picks up on such things quickly when it comes to Taeyeon which is no surprise really for she had been observing her for so long now, although she’s obviously still blind to the crush that the other girl also feels for her.

 

“Then please comfortably address me as Jiwoong oppa as well Tiffany, it wouldn’t hurt to have another dongsaeng. By the way have we met before?”

 

Tiffany was about to reply but was distracted by the sound of Taeyeon nervously clearing .

 

“Here’s your flash drive oppa. Uhm we have to get back to our report now so please enjoy your anime in your room.” Taeyeon interrupted and nudged her older brother towards the door.

 

“Ouch! Hayeon barely spared me a glance and now you’re practically shooing me out. My sisters don’t love me.” Jiwoong dramatically said. “Well I’m going to my room now, thanks again Taengoo-yah~~ It was nice meeting you Tiffany.”

 

“Likewise oppa.”

 

Jiwoong ruffled Hayeon’s hair and made his way to the door and Tiffany sensed Taeyeon relaxing. Jiwoong pulled the door and had taken a step out when he paused, turned around, went in again sporting a mischievous grin while looking his younger sister in the eye, he moved his gaze to Tiffany who looked confused, Taeyeon stiffened, Hayeon looked at her siblings curiously, game temporarily paused.

 

“Now I know why you look familiar.” Jiwoong addressed Tiffany with a grin, meanwhile all the color seemed to leave Taeyeon’s face. Tiffany opened about to ask clarification and to ask Taeyeon what was wrong but what Jiwoong said next caused her body to be as stiff as Taeyeon’s.

 

“You’re the wallpaper girl!” Jiwoong exclaimed. “Taeyeon had a picture of you as her PC’s wallpaper, what did you call her again Taeyeon-ah?” Taeyeon opened but no words came out and her brother took the chance to deliver the final blow.

 

“Ah I remember~ she called you Yeppeuni~~~” Jiwoong said, tease and mischief apparent in his voice.

 

Needless to say, Taeyeon and Tiffany had matching deep blushes on their faces.

 

Hayeon sighed deeply, looked at her older sister with sympathy she also didn’t forget to throw a look of disapproval towards her older brother. The girl then stood up, hugged the frozen Taeyeon quickly took Jiwoong’s hand in hers, dragged her brother out of the room and closed the door behind them.

 

 

 

Tiffany remembered how she and Taeyeon remained sitting frozen, heads down and how they simultaneously lifted their heads to look at each other only to look down again, their faces turning redder.

 

It took a while before Taeyeon cleared , looked at her apologetically and shakily told her they should finish their report. Tiffany was unable to say anything but she made sure to tell Taeyeon through her eyes and soft smile that she was okay with what she learned even if she herself is unsure of what it means. They quietly resumed working after that. Not able to exchange even a single word until Tiffany got on the bus heading home leaving Taeyeon at the bus-stop frozen for the nth time that Saturday afternoon.