One

Going After Kim Taeyeon

Taeyeon is taking her time, walking leisurely, the road home takes about forty five minutes on foot. She had always taken the bus but today she felt different, she felt like walking and so she did.

 

She skipped her afternoon classes and found a way out of school. She takes her time entering shops she finds interesting, stopping at times to stare at things she thought beautiful or cute. She received a couple of accusing stares as she walked, from strangers, adults who probably thinks she’s some kind of cute rebel, her maroon blazer with her school’s emblem a standout from the casual and corporate attires of people around her.

 

 

 

“Where is she?” a short girl grumbles to herself. Lunch break is almost over and her best friend is nowhere to be found.

 

“And she doesn’t answer my calls too. Aish!” despite her annoyance she walks back to her first class for the afternoon “Tomorrow Sunny, drill the midget tomorrow” the grumbling continues and eventually disappears with the girl who turned around the hallway.

 

 

 

It’s fifteen minutes into the lecture, Tiffany turns to look at the vacant seat to her right for the nth time.

 

She’s really not coming, is she? She never skipped class though, there must be something wrong.. Hmmm.. I hope she’s fine and that she’ll be here tomorrow.”  A sigh escapes her lips, she was particularly excited for high school because she gets to be in the same class as her crush since middle school, Kim Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon went to the same middle school as Tiffany did. Tiffany knows her to be reserved, with only a couple of friends all throughout middle school. She sings great although only few people knew that, the girl was never proud, Tiffany only ever heard her sing once but ever since then Tiffany dreams Taeyeon sings for her one day, she knows it’s almost impossible, they’re not even friends so she’s not counting on it much.

 

Tiffany also knows for a fact that despite her serious image, Taeyeon is quite the dork as well. All in all there is so much to love about Kim Taeyeon that even if they’re both girls, Tiffany just berated herself a little before accepting what she feels for her, she figured, ‘If this is really love then I can do nothing about it anyway and if it is not then I have nothing to lose as well, so let’s go ‘love’ this Kim Taeyeon’ and that was it, since then she had been trying to get Taeyeon’s attention.

 

Tiffany has been pretty torn if she should try befriending the girl, she thought it would be deceiving because she’ll use ‘friendship’ but her intentions are far from friendly, well not in a bad way, in the end it’ll all depend on how Taeyeon reacts if she ever knows. And she’ll eventually know, Tiffany will tell her, she’s bent on doing it. Even if she stutters the words out, she is going to confess.

 

Tiffany didn’t get to be her classmate in all three years of middle school, so she was very happy to know that Taeyeon is in the same class. Maybe it’ll make her ‘pursuit’ easier, but she’s absent for half a day, and that for Tiffany is a very sad thing.

 

“I hope she’s here tomorrow, I miss her already.....” the dejected girl continued with her exaggeratedly sad thoughts brought about by Kim Taeyeon skipping her afternoon classes.

 

Meanwhile her best friend Jessica can’t help but roll her eyes “Oh come on, must she really be that sad? Her midget is just gone for the afternoon anyway it’s not like the world is ending, now that would be really sad...” with that the girl went back to spacing out.

 

“Even the lecture is not as interesting as when she is here. Get over it Tiff, she’ll show up tomorrow, won’t she?”

 

 

 

Taeyeon lie awake in bed ready to turn in for the night, as a matter of fact she had been ready hours ago but sleep wouldn’t come to her. “It’s a good thing mom didn’t ask a lot of questions earlier. What do I tell Sunny tomorrow? I bet she’s pissed. . .” she’s a little worried about her best friend’s reaction but she can’t help but find it funny at the same time imagining Sunny’s red-with-anger face.

 

Taeyeon stifles her giggles at the thought of her best friend but moments later the girl’s expression turns dull “Tiffany . . . . . why do the thought of you potentially having a boyfriend makes me really sad? Is this what years of crush does to a person? It’s not like I can do something about it anyway . . . I like being a girl but sometimes you make me wish I’m a boy instead, then I can sweep you off your feet and have a shot at making you fall in love with me. I bet I’d be the best boyfriend ever . . . “ the girl shakes her head with a smile on her face thinking her thoughts too silly even for dorky Kim Taeyeon, and although still a little down from what she witnessed at school earlier, Tiffany and a boy who is obviously confessing, Taeyeon decides to rest for the night.