( N A K A N O - B R O A D W A Y )

After-globe

Nakano Broadway.

A shopping complex in Tokyo which famous for its many stores selling animes and idol goods. It’s clearly seen, because Kai could see so many Japanese dressed in different kind of clothes passing by.

If that morning he ran into Sasuke Uchiha, that afternoon Kai ran into a character he recoqnize as Sebastian Michaelis from anime Kurosuji. He bumped into the cosplayer when he was busy looking at groups of nerds shopping for anime figurine in one of a shop.

Sorry,” Kai rose both of his hands.

No, master. I am the one that should deeply apologize for the accident occurred,” the cosplayer suddenly bowed in respect, one hand on his left chest just like how Sebastian does whenever he apologizes and he was talking in perfect english.

Kai watched as the butler cosplayer walked away leaving him in both confusion and also amazement.

“What the heck…” he whispered to Krystal. “I have heard that Japanese loves cosplay… I just never thought they love it this much.”

Krystal chuckled and rose both of her shoulders. “We can never understand why someone could love something so bad. Sometimes even he himself wouldn’t know why.”

The two entered the mall and headed to the place Krystal bragged about before.

“There it is!” Krystal said enthusiastically as she pointed at the ice cream shop located right beside a big drugstore. “The famous 8 layered ice cream!”

Kai watched in amazement as people walking around with the tall, colorful ice creams on their hands.

“That’s so big.” Kai commented. “Is that for three people?”

“Depends on,” Krystal rose both of her shoulders. “Hey, wanna do something fun?”

“Like what?” Kai asked without tearing his eyes off a western mother who was eating the ice cream with her little daughter.

“Let’s compete, who could finish the ice cream one for each person the fastest.” Krystal said with eyes sparkled in excitement.

“Huh??” Kai turned his head around so fast Krystal’s afraid his neck would break. “Y-you mean, that 8-layered ice? One? For each of us?”

Krystal nodded.

“And we compete? Who can finish it the fastest?”

Krystal nodded again, this time harder than before.

“You crazy?” Kai asked in disbelief. “How could one person finish the whole ice cream? And you even compete? That’s insane!”

“But Furious Pete could do it, though.” Krystal said while fishing her phone out of her pocket. “See? The video?”

Kai took Krystal’s phone and watched the video Krystal meant. His eyes went double from his usual size when he saw how the Western guy ate the 8 layered ice cream in just a few minutes.

“This is not human!” Kai shook his head. “Let’s not do it. It’s impossible.”

“So you can’t do it?” Krystal pouted. “He can do it but you can’t? Really?”

Kai blinked, suddenly feeling challenged. He awkwardly cleared his throat before looking away. “Well-, I can do it. But you couldn’t. I don’t bully girls, so I am not doing it.”

“I can do it, you just don’t know me.” Krystal tsked playfully before turned to look at the waiter. “Two 8-layered ice cream, please.

“Eh!” Kai gasped when he saw the scene. “Did you just…-,”

“Let’s make it a bet.” Krystal said with her devilish smirk. “Whoever loses at the end, shall be punished.”

Kai groaned when he heard that. Krystal was seriously…

“The punishment shall be epic…” Krystal hummed while looking around. “Ah, what about…standing in the middle of the mall and shout ‘I love Tokyo’ in the front.”

“Huh?” Kai paused before laughed out loud. “You serious?”

“Yes!” Krystal nodded. “Dare enough?”

Kai slowly reduced his laugh into chuckle before nodded. “That sounds fun.”

As they were talking, two cones of 8-layered ice creams were ready to be served. The handsome Japanese boy handed the ice creams to them and they took it happily.

“Alright, before we start… let’s take a picture!”Krystal took out her polaroid camera and took a selfie picture of them holding ice creams.

Kai also posed, smiling with the both ice creams on his hands.

“Yeay,” Krystal cheered as he look at the outcome, putting his camera back into his bag before taking his ice cream back from Kai. “…you ready?”

Kai looked at Krystal’s naughty smirk and broke into laugh. He couldn’t stand the imagination of how their expressions would be when they eat the big ice cream later.

“Why are you laughing?” Krystal also broke into laughter and slapped Kai’s arm lightly.

“No, it just-,” Kai covered his face with his free arm. “-so funny, hahahaha”

They spent a few seconds laughing before panicked around when the ice cream had started to melt.

“Let’s eat now before it gets unpretty!” Krystal commanded and on the next second they had dove their faces onto the ice cream.

Kai started to eat the ice cream slowly. He thought he should, for Krystal’s sake. But then he widened his eyes in shock when Krystal opened big to eat one full flavor of the ice cream in one bite.

What?!

Krystal started to demolish the ice creams like there’s no tomorrow, and that made Kai finally fastened his eating pace in a blink of an eye.

After a few seconds of eating, they started to get a brain-freeze.

“Hmmm! This blue one is my favorite!” Krystal exclaimed while pointing at the half eatenblue colored ice cream. “It’s bubblegum!”

Kai shut his eyes as he tried to stop his brain from being completely frozen. “I love coffee more.It tastes wonderful!”

Then, the next seconds, they started to eat the ice cream again with their best speed.

Krystal accidentally saw how Kai ate his ice cream and she broke into a big laughter. “Your expression is so funny!”

Kai glanced at her for a split second before took another bite, but his lips also curved into a grin. “I am not doing that punishment!”

Krystal covered with her free hand and continued her eating. “I won’t lose!”

Seconds turned into minutes, and they almost finished the whole ice cream.

Kai got faster and faster, making the girl gasped in surprise and at the end shoving all the ice creams down to the cones into his mouth.

“Wow!” Krystal gasped when she saw it. That’s it. Kai had won the competition.

Kai took a time to chew on the ice cream before gulped it down and shouted. “I win!”

Krystal laughed so hard when she saw how messy Kai’s face. His mouth covered with traces of ice creams, just like a little kid. Krystal on the other hand, was still clean and pretty because she didn’t just shove the ice creams like what Kai did.

“Well-, congratulation!”

Kai grinned so big then held his head. “Ah, I’m getting dizzy now.”

Krystal laughed again and smacked Kai’s arm. “Alright-, alright, I’m losing. I will do the punishment.”

“Yeay!” Kai pumped both of his fists to the sky. “Make sure to scream so loud that all the customers turn to look at you!”

“Woah, you are so mean!” Krystal faked a kick. “But that’s what I’m gonna do anyway-, so yeah whatever. It’s not like they recognize me, anyway.”

Kai nodded. “Now go!”

Krystal still chuckling, shaking her head while taking out a tissue from her bag. “You eat like a little kid, tsk tsktsk.”

Kai froze on his place when the girl reached out to dab the tissue all around his face, cleaning it away from the leftover ice cream.

“You are so ambitious, aren’t you? Glad that you don’t choke yourself to death.” Krystal still stifled a laugh. “There, all clean.”

Kai felt his face burnt and turned into dark red color. His eyes were pinned on Krystal as the girl gave him one last smile.

“I’m gonna do it now. Watch and listen carefully.” Krystal warned as she handed Kai her forgotten leftover ice cream.

Kai watched as the girl made her way to the middle of the mall. She inhaled deeply, rose both of her hands up to the ceiling, closing both of her eyes and shouted with her loudest and clearest voice.

I LOOOOOOVE TOOOOOKYOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”

All the customers walking around turned to look at Krystal with widened eyes.

Krystal opened her eyes and looked at Kai with a bright smile. She didn’t look neither ashamed or embarrassed at all.

It took a lot of courage to do what she just did, but she acted like nothing happened.

Suddenly, all the Japanese people that walked by clapped their hands together. Some even whistled and let out a ‘yeay’. The previously awkward moment was replaced with sudden cheerfulness.

Krystal smiled at her surroundings, returned a high-five from some passing western tourists before walked toward Kai with light steps, stopping in front of him with a playful smile. “Shall we leave?”

Kai smiled. “It’s only you that can turn a punishment to something worth watching.”

Krystal just grinned before turning to walk away.

She always does it. Walking away and leaving Kai alone from behind, as if giving a permission from both staying or following her to another journey.

And of course, the second option will always be Kai’s answer.

 

 

 

 

 

A/n

 

  JAJJANG~

That ice cream DOES exist guys, and it's so yummy. You should drop by Nakano Broadway to try the ice cream if you visited Japan later. Coffee, banana, bubblegum, all perfect. My recommendation!

See you on the next chapter!

 

 

 

*for the love of writing, onerusticpen*