( S t a t i o n )

After-globe

“We looked pretty good in these pictures!”

Kai’s voice made Krystal tore her attention from the steaming hot udon soup she was eating. She looked at her phone which was being held by Kai as the other scrolled through the pictures of them wearing Japanesetraditional clothes there.

“I know, my yukata is so vibrant isn’t it?” Krystal said, pointing at the colorful yukata she wore.

Kai nodded in agreement as he swiped the pictures again. “I can’t wait until I send all of these pictures to Taemin.”

Even though they were miles apart, Kai still contacted Taemin a lot via chats. He kept his best friend up to date with his news, and especially about his slowly developed weird feeling toward the bubblegum girl, whose name remained unknown even up to that second.

 

“I don’t know, it’s 50 : 50.” Taemin  said when Kai told him about holding hand with his bubblegum girl in Arashiyama. “It’s either she also has mutual feeling with you, or she just takes it as a friendship sign, or simply she just pities you for being dumped by Irene so she willingly let you hold her hand on that romantic place. So that you simply wouldn’t back to Korea with bland memory.”

 

The last possibility Taemin stated almost made Kai cursed him, but then he realized it was probably true.

Kai kept on swiping through Krystal’s phone, through all the pictures she took in Japan, until she arrived at the picture which takes different location.

It’s a picture of her and a boy, back in Seoul.

The boy was wearing all black, from the hat to his jacket and all. He doesn’t look that bad, screaming swags all over him. Beside him, Krystal posed too close to him for Kai’s liking. She still has her hair dark, and still looked as stunning as ever.

Kai felt his throat choked, and he could feel his spirit escaping his soul for a split seconds. But then, he turned the phone around to show Krystal what he was saying, then casually forcing a grin out. “I-is this the ex-boyfriend you said before?”

Krystal rose her eyebrows high, took a closer look at the picture Kai showed before laughed. “What do you mean ex boyfriend, it’s my friend Amber. It’s a girl.”

Kai’s jaw hung open in disbelief. He turned the phone back to face him again, before stared at the picture so hard he almost burnt hole on it. “T-this is a girl?”

“Yes, and she even has gotten herself a boyfriend.” Krystal chuckled and took back her phone, swiped through some more pictures before turned it back to Kai.

Kai looked at it before cringed. “It looked more like two male best friends hanging out together.”

Krystal laughed out loud before rose her shoulders. “She always dresses like that, but don’t worry she’s a true woman at heart. She even cooks better than I do.”

Krystal sipped on her hot ocha as Kai still looking at the picture in disbelief.

“…ah, actually she indeed looks a bit like a girl after all.” Kai decided at the end, as he tore his gaze away from the phone. But then curiosity hit him again and without realizing the question that only crossed on his mind slipped out of his tongue. “How your ex looks like?”

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but then took her phone away from Kai’s hand. “…well if you are curious…”

Kai watched as Krystal swiped open another picture and held his breath. He was indeed curious with how Krystal’s ex looked like.

“Here. This is his picture. His name is Kim Myungsoo.”

Kai took her phone and looked at the picture, and immediately regretted his decision.

Kim Myungsoo looked so much better than he does.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

After finishing their food, Krystal and Kai both walking to the nearest train station.

Kai looked at the signs in that station, all written in Japanese. He cringed and sighed as he looked at Krystal.

“Seriously, if it wasn’t with you, I would probably never made my way back to desired destinations alone here. Not with these Japanese alphabets.

Krystal chuckled and scanned the direction before nodded to herself. “This way, macchiato.”

Kai looked up when he heard the familiar nickname and followed Krystal’s direction. He turned to look at Krystal before hissed. “I am really curious about this macchiato name. I mean, why do you call me one?”

Krystal just smiled when she heard the question. “Seriously? You call me Bubblegum girl while you don’t know why I call you Macchiato?”

Kai frowned to himself before crossed his arms. “I called you bubblegum because you gave me that on our first meeting.”

“Same goes to me.” Krystal replied with a serious look.

“Same?” Kai tilted his head to the left. “But… I didn’t remember we had any macchiato  at all?”

“You didn’t?” Krystal asked without looking surprised at all.

Kai frowned again as he recalled all the memories he had. Did they have any macchiato along the way? Did they?

…he didn’t remember that.

Or is it…

“Is this because my skin is dark? Like coffee?” Kai asked.

Krystal broke intolaughter and looked at Kai’s skin. “What do you mean it looked like macchiato. You are not that dark.”

Seeing Krystal’s reaction, Kai couldn-t help but laugh along with him. “Taemin calls me dark often, it becomes my specialty.”

Krystal looked up when he felt a moonlight shone across her face. The train station in Kyoto mostly has no roof, so the sunlight and moonlight could shine their light freely.

“It’s full moon.” Krystal said, making Kai looked up as well.

Kai looked up and found a round bright moon, shining their light high from the clear dark sky. “You are right…”

“Isn’t this time for werewolves to come out?” Krystal asked without looking away from the moon. “They usually hunt for preys in these days.”

Kai chuckled when he heard that. “Silly, it’s time for vampire not werewolves.”

Krystal turned to give Kai a weird look. “You are the silly one. Vampires come out anytime, they do not wait for full moon.”

Kai chuckled. “You know who is sillier?”

Krystal rose her eyebrows. “Who?”

“Both of us, for talking such a non-sense in the middle of the night.” Kai smiled as he lowered his gaze to meet Krystal’s.

Krystal smiled when she heard that. She inhaled a deep breath before turned to look at the chair available not far from them. “Let’s sit and forget going home for a while.”

Kai frowned when he heard that. “Eh? Why?”

“It’s full moon.” Krystal said as he pointed at the sky. “I just feel like sitting and enjoy it. Come.”

Kai followed Krystal’s leads and in no time they had sat down on the chairs, both have their eyes at the sky.

“Tomorrow gonna be our last day here.” Krystal said.

Kai widened his eyes. “Really? We have just arrived here today, though?”

Krystal turned toward Kai, staring at him in confusion. “You forget?”

“What?” Kai asked dumbly.

“I have my sister waiting for me and you have a plane to catch the day after tomorrow!” Krystal said. “Didn’t you say you just going to stay in Japan for a week?”

Kai widened his eyes in disbelief. A week had passed that fast? Why didn’t he feel like it? It’s already their fifth day? And how was that even possible?

“I could see that you indeed has forgotten.” Krystal chuckled, then turned back to the front. “Tomorrow, let’s visit Fushimi Inari before we leave.”

Kai furrowed his eyebrows. “What is that?”

“The most beautiful temple in Kyoto.” Krystal grinned secretively. “So you might want to prepare your camera.”

Kai touched the camera bag he slung over his shoulders, before gulped down.

“So… this is gonna be our last night together?” he asked softly.

Krystal nodded. “Tomorrow we will separate on the shinkansen. You head back to Tokyo, and I take a route to Hokkaido.”

Kai felt his previous cheerful aura slowly died down.

He had felt that feeling before when Krystal said she wanted to leave to Osaka that night in Shinjuku. And then now he’s feeling that way too.

Only this time, he knew it was for real.

This time, they should really separate.