( A i r p o r t )

After-globe

It’s still 4.15 A.M, but Seoul’s international airport was already super bright and lively with their countless lamps and numerous people passing by.

Airports never rest. It’s always up 24 hours a day, offering one last good bye to those who leaves and a welcome home for those who comes back.

Just like that day.

In the middle of the waiting room, there seated Krystal. Her previous jet black long hair had been cut short and dyed blonde. A pastel blue suitcase was left sitting pretty next to her crossed legs, waiting patiently to be shoved into the plane's cabin and flew along for the owner's upcoming adventure.

In no times, Krystal would hop into the plane heading to Japan. She’s going to visit her older sister Jessica who’s been living in Hokkaido since her marriage a year ago. Krystal had never visited her sister in Japan before, since Jessica comes back to Seoul quite often. Being a good older sister she is, Jessica just couldn’t leave her rebellious sister alone in Seoul, especially when their parents live far away in America. Even though Victoria, their cousin from China also lives in Seoul, Jessica still visits Krystal a lot.

So that summer, Krystal forbid Jessica from returning to Seoul. She insisted that she’s the one who would leave for Japan. Krystal had traveled to Japan before, and  she had missed that country so bad. She told Jessica that she would explore it again before heading to Jessica’s home in Hokkaido and stay for a few days.

Jessica couldn’t say no, and there Krystal go.

The blonde flipped the pages of her magazine while chewing on her gum. She was looking at the recent trending fashion seriously, taking notes of what the model was wearing when her phone beeped.

Krystal fished her phone out from her tiny mcm backpack and checked the chats that just popped out there.

One from Jessica, asking whether she had gotten onto the flight or not.

Another one, is from Kwanghee.

 

 

Have a save flight ^^

 

 

Krystal tsked at the chat the boy had just sent and put her phone back to the bag.

Kwanghee, her classmate in university just wouldn’t stop chasing and chatting her even after she showed her disinterest. 

“Some morons just didn’t know how to give up.”

Krystal murmured to herself as she closed her magazine and leaned on the chair.

It's not like Krystal is that arrogant girl who looks down at the boys just because she has a lot of fans. It just, until that day she hadn't found a boy that really catches her attention.

A boy that suit all of her preference and could make her heart pound in excitement.

No, not yet.

Her eyes flew to the plane she’s going to ride in matters of minutes. The blonde blew a small balloon from her chewing gum, practically thought of nothing as she stared blankly outside the big transparent window beside her.

“All passengers leaving for Tokyo by Japan Airlines with a flight number J305, J305, could proceed to the plane from gate 3B.”

Plop.

The balloon she had blown popped out and she stood up. Her right hand re-arranged the backpack on her shoulder while her left one pulled the suitcase.

Krystal started to walk toward the gate that she was informed to, and was startled when someone bumped onto her.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” The culprit, a guy, apologized as he took some steps back with both hands on the air. “A-are you okay?”

Krystal just nodded as he eyed the guy.

He’s quite handsome. With a slightly tangled dark hair and innocent eyes, he gives the impression of a sweet and slightly awkward guy even when the way he dressed up is just like the other Seoul’s cool kids.

Krystal tore her eyes away from the guy, gave a slight smile before turned to continue her walk toward gate 3B.

“Ah, hey…”

The guy’s voice made Krystal once again turned back.

“You dropped this…” The guy squatted down to pick one small container of gum Krystal brought earlier.

Krystal watched as the guy approached her and handed the container. The blonde glanced at the it for a split second before looked up. “You like sweets?”

The guy looked taken a back with the question. “Huh?”

“It’s melon flavored.” Krystal said and gently pushed the guy’s hand back to himself. “For you.”

“Eh?” the guy widened his eyes. “B-but…”

Krystal just gave a quick smile and turned away. She left the guy with the gum without sparing any glance back anymore, even when the guy called her again.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Kai stared at the gum container he was holding in confusion.

…why did she give him gums?

Kai put that container beside him as he sat on the chair and sighed. He put on his headphones and started to play a song from his iPod to make his waiting time a little less boring. When the familiar heartbreak song he had been hearing for days got played again, Taemin’s words back in the car before flashed inside his brain.

“You could probably forget Irene and find another love there.”

Kai scoffed.

Forget Irene. Find another love. If only life’s just as easy as what’s shown in the movie, that would sound so much more possible.

Kai and Irene had been together for a year. Irene had charmed Kai in every possible way, making it’s almost impossible to forget her.

Irene is one of the prettiest girl Kai has ever seen. She is soft-spoken, lady-like, smart, kind-hearted, and polite. She cooks well, cleans well, and is also good with little kids.

Irene is one perfect definition of an ideal wife.

Just when Kai convinced himself he had really found his destined one, Irene on the other hand started to grow distant. Their messages started to become less and less, and at the end Irene disappeared for the whole week.

Kai searched for her, called her, asked her friends, and even went to her house.

None.

Kai was so desperate and felt like it was already on their rock bottom side of relationship when Taemin sent him a picture of Irene and another boy, together in a small café.

Cheated.

Irene cheated on him, and in just seconds all her good images crumbled down in Kai’s mind.

When Kai asked for explanation, raged so mad he almost could destroy his bedroom, Irene texted him, telling him that it wasn’t like what he thought.

Kai tried to call her, but she rejected it. She didn’t want to pick up the call, so they could only texted each other.

And she said that.

Because of boredom, she cheated on him.

Because of boredom, she left him.

Kai couldn’t believe it. He fell into one deep depression for a few days. He quit his job as a dance tutor in a few dance academies and mourn over his loss by locking himself inside the bedroom, ignoring both his parents and Taemin who kept on banging on the door.

But after those terrible 4 days, he realized that he had done a stupid thing.

He had cried and suffered for someone who didn’t even worth a tear.

He needed to forget everything that had happened in the past year. He needed an escape.

That’s why he booked a ticket to Tokyo, planning to spend a week there, walking without clear direction to experience something unexpected in the middle of a country he had never been before.

Kai rose his head when he saw people around him suddenly got up. He then heard a clear instruction of the airport staff, asking all the Eva Air’s passengers to get on board. The dancer got up and was about to walk away when he spotted the gum container left beside him. He looked at it, slightly hesitated whether he should take it along or not.

His mind then flew back to the blonde girl he had just ran into.

She’s pretty. With tall nose, small face, medium length silky blonde hair, and an amusing slight smirk she showed before.

Well... Beautiful women are dangerous.

Kai shuddered when for the up tenth time Irene’s face popped back into his mind, but he also lowered his body to grab the gum container.

It just sweets after all.

Kai headed to the gate, headphone on his ears. He opened the lids and popped one into his mouth.

Justin Bieber’s “This Feeling” was played on his iPod as he chewed on the gum, hummed along with the music.

Well-,

-It’s indeed a melon flavored one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n

 

Kryssy finally meets Kai <3. The next chapter gonna be their first time encounter each other in Tokyo and I will update it a.s.a.p!

Have a nice time reading and  I'll meet you on the next chapter!

 

 

*for the love of writing, onerusticpen*