( A R A S H I M A Y A )

After-globe

Kai had known that Krystal was a girl who’s full of surprises. He had known that whenever he’s around her, he should prepare himself for the never ending dynamic life that’s full of spontaneity.

But he never expected to prepare himself going to Kyoto the minute he woke up in his bedroom hotel just a day after they visited Universal Studio.

“Pack your baggage. We are going to Kyoto today. We will be leaving at 9, see you in the lobby!”

That’s all that Krystal said before she cut off the call and left Kai stunned while holding the phone.

Eh… what was that?

Kai needed a few seconds to let his still foggy brain processed Krystal’s words before jumped off the bed.

Kyoto, she said??

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“We are officially in Kyoto!”

Krystal cheered as she spread her arms wide. The clear and calming breeze greeted them once they stepped out of the shinkansen.

Kai headed straight to the nearest vending machine. He bought a cold juice to shoo away the thirstiness he got after eating so much inari sushi on board before.

Unlike Osaka and Tokyo, Kyoto looked so much more calm and peaceful. After experiencing the hectic and full of rush hours in those big cities, Kyoto looked just the opposite.

Entering Kyoto is like hopping to Doraemon’s time machine and headed back to Japan in the past.

Kai couldn’t help but drowned in the serenity.

“What’s your plan after this?” Kai asked as he bowed down to take the can of juice out of the machine then opened it.

“Arashiyama.”

Krystal replied with sparkling eyes. She opened her bag and the Pururu pocket wifi and connected it to her phone. After typing the name ‘Arashiyama’ in the google map, she tapped the train picture and the directions to Arashiyama appeared.

“Okay, I got this.” Krystal cheered then turned toward Kai. “Come on, Macchiato! Let’s go deep into the bamboo paradise!”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

In no time, they have reached the last station and hopped out of the train.

“I think we will need to walk a little far.” Krystal hummed while looking at her phone. “Let’s just follow the crowds. They must be looking for Arashiyama as well.”

Kai looked around again, and once again was captivated with the peacefulness. There were a lot of people, and they were all quietly walking and talking in a hushed voice. Unlike people in Tokyo who are walking fast and quiet because they do not want to be disturbed and always seems like they are in hurry, people in Kyoto walk lightly with smiles on their faces.

“I love this city.” Kai stated once they stepped their feet out of the station. “I think I could live here for a long time.”

Krystal chuckled. “Yes, I think it’s a good place to stay… but I think I prefer Tokyo more.”

Kai turned to look at the blonde girl. “Oh, why?”

“I am more to a metro city girl.” Krystal replied then grinned. “I love modern buildings more than traditional houses.”

Kai scoffed and nodded. “Alright, cold city girl. I understand.”

After a few minutes of walking, they came across some snack shops. Kai stopped in instance once he saw the ice cream shop.

“Hey, wanna get ice cream?”

Krystal turned to look at the direction Kai pointed at then nodded. “Sure.”

It was already 16.43 PM. The weather wasn’t really hot anymore and the sun had slowly returned back to its place on the west, but it didn’t stop Krystal and Kai to buy some ice creams.

Kai picked a roasted tea ice cream flavor while Krystal picked green tea. They continued the walk while tasting the ice cream flavors.

“Kyoto is very famous of its green tea.” Krystal explained as she spooned the ice cream and put it on . “Hmm, it really is so good! Green teas are the best!”

“Can I try a little?” Kai asked after hearing Krystal’s comment and offered his as well. “You can also try mine.”

The two ended up tasting each other’s ice creams and adored the flavors.

“Waa, you pick a normal delicious flavor this time,” Krystal commented once she had absorbed the fragrant roasted tea flavor.

Kai grinned when he heard it. Well, that soy sauce popcorn was an accident, after all.

The two continued their walk again to Arashiyama. The view of tall bamboos started to appear before their eyes, swayed lightly to the left and right.

“I think we are here.” Krystal said as they could finally saw rows of bamboos beside them.

Kai looked up and inhaled the fresh scent of bamboos, letting it filled his lungs.

It was beautiful. Like, no joke. The warm radiant light from the sunset filled Arashiyama, slipped through the thin and tall bamboos and shone the ground. It wasn’t really crowded, most people just walked around while talking and taking pictures.

Kai took out his camera and started to take pictures. Krystal on the other hand also did the same, with her camera phone.

Well, it couldn’t be helped though. Standing amid those soaring stalks of bamboo is like being in another world.

Kai lowered his camera lens when he had taken quite a lot of pictures. He checked them one by one and smiled in satisfaction.

Picturesque, effortlessly.

Kai turned to look at Krystal and found her was taking a picture of some old couples who were walking with both hands holding.

Kai stared at the happy looking couple who were probably already around their late 60s. They didn’t walk that fast, didn’t express their romance wildly like the Western couple who kissed each other in the middle of bamboo groove which was caught by Kai’s camera earlier. But they looked so happy.

Peaceful and happy.

The corner of Kai’s lips curved upward. It must be so beautiful to find someone to spend his life ahead with, like that couple.

Kai looked at Krystal who had put back her phone into the bag.

“They looked so lovable, don’t they?” Krystal asked with a grin.

Kai nodded his head. “I envy them.”

“We will find one too, soon.” Krystal replied before stretched her body and released a big sigh. “Ahh, after all love is a beautiful thing.”

The two then continued their journey walking along the bamboo groove. Their hands swayed lightly side by side, and Kai kept on glancing down when they accidentally touched each other.

He had an urge to hold that hand.

But it’s wrong. They were just friends, nothing more than that. He couldn’t possibly hold out the other’s hand just like it.

Kai looked away and folded his arms in front of his chest, pretending to adore the rows of bamboos.

“Ah,”

Krystal’s voice made Kai turned toward her.

“A girl in yukata.” Krystal said while pointing at a Japanese girl dressed fully in a traditional gown passed by. She looked so pretty and elegant, just like a flying butterfly.

Kai nodded, and rose his camera to capture the picture. He checked it and nodded again. “She’s pretty.”

“Let’s take a picture by wearing a traditional kimono and yukata later on.” Krystal said happily. “Since we are now in Japan, it would be rude to not wear one.”

Kai rose his eyebrows high. “And where would we get those?”

“It’d be easily found around any shopping district.” Krystal said. “Let’s do it the day after tomorrow. Okay?”

Kai chuckled as he imagined himself in a kimono. Must looked ridiculous, but he nodded anyway. “Call, let’s do it.”

They both walked again, enjoying Arashiyama before the sun really set down and turned the romantic bamboo groove dark.

Their hands touched again.

Kai could feel lump formed at the bottom of his throat, and he checked the other’s hand again.

Ah, he wanted to hold it.

But, what if Krystal rejected it? What if Krystal shook it away? What if Krystal didn’t like the idea of her hand being hold?

As many questions flooded Kai’s mind, his hand accidentally stuck a little longer with Krystal’s, and eventually swayed in the same direction.

Then his fingers found his way to intertwine with the other.

Kai looked as those hands, didn’t find any strength to pull them together. As if they were tied by a very thin string, he couldn’t move his hand even an inch away from Krystal’s. So, he looked up to find Krystal was also looking at the hands.

Just when he thought he should pull it away before he makes things awkward, Krystal looked at him dead in the eyes.

And she smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

A/n

 

 

They hold hands ~

They finally arrived in the last city they would spend their time together with, Kyoto~

Would both Kai and Krystal discover feelings for each other in this peaceful and calm city?

We'll see !

So, I will see you in the next chapter!

Good night, and have a productive week !!

 

 

 

*kisses from Indonesia, onerusticpen*